Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Tuesday Morning

783 views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  FBecigneul 
#1 ·
66° here in Upstate NY and we are getting a light rain now. It is supposed to rain and possibly have some thunderstorms today. They say we could get 1" to 2" of rain and there is a flash flood watch out. The rivers are so low right now I don't believe there will be any problem with them and we do need some rain.

Yesterday I was on the road all morning and then in the afternoon I just took it easy. Today looks to be the same scenario on tap. I have things I would like to be doing but the rain is going to put a damper on them. I would like to get out and shoot some clay birds, I have only shot about 40 rounds out of my centerfire rifles total and maybe 200 rounds of rimfire this year. The good news for me is I have gotten out more this year fishing than last year and I have enjoyed it immensely.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#3 ·
Sixty one degrees and calm right now. The word is we’ll see rain again today but it doesn’t look like it just now. It’s Tuesday and the garbage is at the road. I can’t or don’t put it out at night as that is just inviting critters in for a tasty treat. I have a small Havahart trap set almost constantly here to capture red or ground squirrels depending on where you live And what you calI them. I catch one too often to suit me. This morning I had to take the trap for a captured critter to the state game area. I caught a baby possum that almost didn’t fit in the trap. I can’t believe the ends shut on the little guy but it did and now he has a new home a couple miles away. And now I can sit and read all the other Tuesday Morning posts.

#4 ·
Good Morning It's 65 here in NC Ohio going to 79 a few days of cooler temps, low of 55 tonight, ahhhh! Happy Anniversary a day late to Doug & Julie a day early to Charlie & Sue . I have an appointment in town today, that will kill a good day of work outside. After that I will do something even if its wrong !! Be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

#5 ·
Great morning folks,

58° with a clear sky, 89° later here in the wiles of Wyoming.

Errands & some groceries today. Deb has some sewing to do for the grandkids. Masks will still be a thing through the school year.

I will probably go scrounge for brass or sheds. A trip into a gun shop is always a possibility.

#6 ·
Good morning from Waseca, I over slept. Long day yesterday. I went to Hubbard Iowa for a visitation for a distant relative. Glad I did as it's better than the funeral.
Currently it's 48 and clear. 70 for the high. Some range time for sure.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#7 ·
65° here this morning and they say we will be in the 50’s these next couple nights. What a relief. Quite a find yesterday. I have a 15-year old push mower with a frame rusted completely through. Found a similar model with a good frame in the trash. Got it home and found that it runs perfectly but the gasket on the carburetor bowl is leaking. Will fix that today.
Glad to see Skruske emerge from the wilderness. I saw your post yesterday about the 3-D archery shoot and it reminded me of a target my son showed me. He says I should buy one but I just can’t see spending $3,000 for it.
Make it a good day.
Text Web page Website Font Screenshot

#8 ·
morning all. 53 here with mid 80s and possible thunderstorm, yesterday it was another dirt storm, then a sprinkle of rain.
Worked on sprinklers all day, got three more going, also having problems getting enough water to run them, wells aren't putting out what they should and the mountain water is getting really low.
Not sure just what will happen today, need to services balers, didn't do that yesterday.
Better get, have a great and safe day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#9 ·
Good morning folks. It's 70º here with rain. Isaias is here. Been raining most of the night I think. I don't know, i was sleeping. LOL It sure would have been a good day to sleep in, listening to the rain hitting the roof. So far it's just steady rain, not real heavy, and no wind. We may get a little wind and heavier rain as it gets closer this afternoon. It's moving fast, should be gone by late this evening. We sure needed the rain. Thankful that it was a quick, low impact storm. I'm sure those on the SE Coast are too. Hopefully no more hurricanes for this year. We just booked a 2nd trip to OBX at the end of Sept. with some friends.

Didn't do much last night. I had to run in town to get Lillie after work, and stopped at the post office and grocery store. The grocery store was nuts. I guess folks were preparing for the storm? I sat in the parking lot for a half hour waiting for Lillie. It was crazy. People backing into each other, stealing parking spots. It was almost as funny as watching a boat ramp.

Running late today. Better get busy. Prayers offered.

Have a good one.

Charlie

#10 ·
Good soggy morning....nice and cool though. 2 trailers rolled in yesterday for kingpin and plate replacement and the stone box is going back together finally. This one should have been scrapped but hey if they want it fixed. Got home last night and didn't do much again. I need to come home and go to the garage and get some stuff done in there as I got coffee cans of brass all over the place in various stages of prep, by the time I get back to it I might forget where it was at. Almost all of it is ready to be trimmed....the main reason it is still sitting...thats the part I hate more than anything!

I been eyeballing used small campers lately and even some truck campers but man they don't last long unless it's been gutted and a pile of crap. Of coarse the wife always shows me adds for 30ft monstrosities. I want a smaller easy to tow and maneuver camper because she sure as hell won't tow the thing. I had a chance to buy a small 5th wheel camper that was older but kept indoors all but about 2 years for dirt cheap and I passed on it. I wasn't that interested in one then.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe!

#11 ·
Morning all, 65 headed to 80 today, nice and cool, cloudy with rain given for the whole day. Have to go to a County Attorney this morning, having to get guardianship of my mother, she has been going downhill fast mentally and it is time. Got my fields all bushoged off except one, and barely can get around with my back this morning. A tractor or lawn mower screws with my back worse than anything I can do. Dean I sent you a PM yesterday. Got to get moving, slowly, you all have a good one, Buff out.

#12 ·
Morning Gents! Its 73º and Sunny here headed for the low 80's. They have forecast it to be cooler and dryer this week and it feels nice.

The Wife called in an order at Krogers for pickup today and we left out of here about 6:00 to go get it. I have an electric well to work on later this morning and maybe have a lazy afternoon.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'll have a good one.

#15 ·
Koger, it is the twisting, bumping, turning motion that raises havoc with the neck and back, particularly the low back. A pneumatic seat from a simi
with side support like Recaro racing seat helps. Neighbor fitted one on his tractor. Prob worth more than the tractor.

#13 ·
Greetings! Late to the party but it is still morning. Been to breakfast and did a little shopping at Meijer. Shopping ranks right up there with the brass trimming Shane mentioned. Got some of that to do today. At least I can do that sitting down and without a mask. Nothing else on the schedule for today.

Thanks for the anniversary replies. Have a good day.

#14 ·
Good afternoon, GoGo. It's 73 and going to 81 today. I was out feeding the birds earlier and both the temp and humidity were really nice.

My vertigo is down from a 10 on Friday to about a 3 this morning. Cindy wants me to go see my doc, but I'm not totally convinced.

I bought a 9mm Springfield XD subcompact pistol about a month ago. Came with a single 10-round mag. I found a nice deal at Gun Mag Warehouse, two factory 16+1 mags for around $18 each. I think with shipping and taxes it came to $40-$45. Need to inventory my primers to see what I'm short on, then maybe make a run to Sportsman's Warehouse in Lexington.

Carl, you and I are cut from the same cloth in terms of scavenging and repairing. Congratulations on building a like-new mower with the only cost being a new carb gasket.

Y'all have a good rest of the day and be safe out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.