Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
48° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies with a little drizzle. The high temperature for today will only be about 57°, it will be cloudy with expected showers.

Yesterday was another day for Rusty on the injured list but he is doing a lot better. We got some rain and I worked here at home. This morning I will be on the road and then in the afternoon here at home hopefully. The next two days are to be pretty good weather wise and I hope to hunt with Rusty both days.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 52 and cloudy, suppose to be 60 and clear later.
Yesterday was running errands and chasing down the RV vin issue. I have it narrowed to my insurance agents office getting it mixed-up with the old one I traded in. Getting that fixed today. Dr this morning for the hypertension. Then fix the mail list and get Journal ready to mail.
Hoping everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 58 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Got to go to court today over someone breaking in our shop a couple years ago.
He hit 4 or 5 building from the landfill to water plant to garage for the county vehicles, bus shop and maintenance building. Stole a pickup and loaded it and a trailer down and drove off. Been so long, I forgot what all he stole from us.
Heard they had put the case off til after the first of the year but going to call this morning and find out.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
11,775 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 57 here, dark, damp and dreary. Kinda the way I feel. Didn't sleep well. It was after 1 when I think I fell asleep and I was awake off and on all night. I could have slept longer but Sue's up beating and banging away at something. Oh well, maybe I'll take a nap later this morning? It rained all day, mostly drizzle. We surely needed it. Still patchy drizzle/rain around. Supposed to clear off later today and may even see some sun but highs will only be in the upper 60's. I didn't get anything done yesterday evening. Worked a bit late, since it was raining, ate dinner and watched TV. Have to work at the shop this evening. I need to get my hunting stuff ready for bear season this weekend, and may want to load some more ammo for Lillie for next week. Plenty of time...

Well I better try to get some coffee in me and get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
morning all. 31 here with upper 60s later.
Gwyn got home from her trip across the state without any problems.
Ended up working cattle yesterday afternoon, worked on the truck we haul water to the cows with in the morning. Bad radiator hose, got it fixed and ready to go again.
Probably work on a swather today, then start on the tractor servicing.
Better get around, breakfast is about ready.
Have a great day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 46 in Louisville, going to 70 and sunny.

Charlie, like you I didn't sleep for squat last night. I know what my problem was; we had another "realignment" of my team at work yesterday and I got shuffled over to a different leader. My new leader has been on the team even longer than me and we get along fine, but there will still be changes and disruption. I'm more a "steady as she goes" person and I don't welcome change, so that made my night unsettled.

George, maybe I missed it, but did you ever figure out how Rusty hurt his foot/leg? Glad he's mending and I hope you have better weather for this week's outings.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Morning all, 48 headed to 64 today. Got to go to court first thing this morning, more a formality than anything, final hearing granting me final/full guardianship over my mother. I spoke with the Social Worker and Psychologist who had to evaluate her and both said to not do this would be neglect on my part. Still a stressful situation when dealing with my mom. You all have a good one, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 50º and Sunny here headed for the low 70's. The Hot Weather Girl says it will coll off tonight and tomorrow.

Yesterday was another slow day. The Wife cooked all morning and I kind of just stayed out of Her way. She made a pot of Chicken and Dumplins, homemade rolls, baked beans and a Coconut pie for my running buddies family and I went with Her to deliver them. She does Her baked beans in a dish with brown sugar and bacon on top.

No plans for today yet. I need to drag my ML gear out and shoot my ML. Our Deer season opens on Saturday.

Sam, my thoughts and prayers are with you while you are dealing with your Mothers business.

Prayers offered for our Country and those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Good morning from Indy. The weather app on my phone is FUBAR this morning so I don't even know what season it is. Funny how we get so dependent on these danged machines. Used to look out the window and/or stick your nose out the door to check the weather. Where's a good old weather rock when you need one?

Hit the pancake joint for some french toast and world problem solving so it's time to make the day whatever it's gonna' be. Only day this week I've got nothing on my calendar. Could be trouble. Eye doctor tomorrow morning for the one week follow up. No golf until Thursday. I could load a variety of ammo but I can't seem to get motivated for that lately.

There was a really good golf tournament played over the weekend. It benefited the St Jude Children's Hospital. Great three-way playoff to determine the winner. He hadn't won a tournament since 2013. He's a professional. He didn't shoot his mouth off. There was no rioting to "celebrate".

Have a good day.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Good afternoon from Smiths Grove Kentucky which is sommers NW of Bowling Green Ky. Sitting in front of a place that caters to old wimmen who play with strings and little pieces of cloth.
They buy a nice piece of cloth...cut it up in little pieces...and then try to sew it back together. Go Figure.
I met a guy off another forum at Cabela parking lot and bought a NIB rangefinder. Been used a few minutes but like new. Old feller is disabled, cant hunt and needed money. OK. I gave him some and he looked like he needed it.

Not one of the Hidollar kind like Birdog has but all I need. I gave away the last one I had to one of Skruske's boys.

JB was treated to Messican lunch at El Mazatlan in BG, which is one of the best IMHO.

I forget what I et, Rancheras something which the way they fix it is like Fajitas Pork.

Charlie Sterner had a visit from DT today as Marine 1 almost landed in his yard. Charlie is an important guy.

Maybe I can find my way home, but it doesn't make much difference anyways.
Have a great day and if you are on the way to Wyoming on I 80, be careful. 20201013_131620.jpg
20201013_131620.jpg
20201013_113231.jpg

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Good evening my net been down since last night during the short storm. Thanks for the dealer sources suggestions, glad to see that places have survived for this long. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Been quite a while since I posted, but I read the open topic and get a kick out of the weather most of you report. It's been freezing then in the 80's in Northern CA I dont remember when it last rained and we are looking at a dry winter. Cooler conditions have allowed crews to get a handle on the fires, the one out of Quincy is almost 300k acres, the August Complex on my old Forest and the Shasta Trinity Forest went over a million acres several weeks ago. Please send rain and a prayer for those who have lost everything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts