Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
29° here under cloudy skies in Upstate NY this morning. The high temperature for today will get up to about 33° and it will remain cloudy all day. Yesterday wasn't a bad day and the prediction for the next week isn't bad temperature wise.

Yesterday was a quiet day once again which I enjoyed. I was able to start my normal exercise routine again for the first time in a couple of weeks so that felt good to me. Today life is going to be getting back to my normal it looks, I will have to be on the road this morning anyway. I guess I won't mind really I have had a decent break of it. As long as the weather stays decent I will be fine.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 23 and clear, high of 34. Yesterday was a flop for shooting. For practice I fired 10 shots offhand into a nickel size group. For record I was lucky to hit the target. Prone was good. Sitting I cross fired on my kneeling target twice. The CZ preformed well. I picked up a single shot adapter and really enjoyed shooting with it. Better than the magazine.
Today is finish loading 308 cast. And see what else I can do.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 25.9 at the maple tree with a promise of sun and 38, but that's what they said yesterday and no promise delivered. Made good progress in the pole barn yesterday one pile burned and a large trash bag filled will work again today, trash collector is gonna love me Thursday morning !!! I made it thru 2020 with one haircut - ain't gonna happen in 2021 !! Be safe and healthy Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Good mornin you all from the Mountain State it's 32* here, upper 30's is about as good as it gets today. I got farm duty today they need me to run the loader and tractor today, sounds good to me. Need to feed my critters and get me a cup of coffee to get my butt in gear. You all have a good and safe day on your side of the mountain. Pray for our Country!

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid 30s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
We had snow most of the day but only about a inch stuck.
Back to the grind this morning, don't know what will tare up...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
morning all. -5 so far this morning, -15 on the wind chill. Mid 20s later today.
Started to work in the shop yesterday but the boss man stopped by and said we were moving cows around...so that used up the morning. Got a little work done on my service truck in the afternoon.
We'll move another bunch of cows today, shouldn't take as long...shouldn't!!! Just a move across a county road but you never know! JR does know how it can go!
No work on the rifle stock yesterday, just didn't feel like it last evening. Maybe tonight.
Prayers for Shane and crew as they travel, prayers for the ill and others too. And prayers for our country, there is alot of people who really need GOD in their lives.
Have a great day, make it good and safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 26 in Indy looking for a heat wave to 40. I think we’re gonna’ venture west to check out the range where Julie did the steel shoot Saturday. She’s thinking membership. I’m just the driver.

Nothing else going on that I’m currently aware of. Never know, though.

Hey OSU fans..... ROLL TIDE

Have a good day.

·
Administrator
12,012 Posts
Good morning folks. It's a frosty 30 here with sunshine. Looks to be another nice day on tap. Yesterday was nice, just a bit on the chilly side. I made it thru a Monday and managed to get out hunting a bit. I'm looking for a buck and found one...albeit he only had 2" spikes...if that. Obviously, it was not what I was looking for. He needs a few more years for sure. I also saw one doe across the hollow. Running out of season here quickly.

Anybody need a laugh? The theme of the Inauguration...."America United"...MY ASS. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Well enough of that...better get to work. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 25 in Louisville, going to 41. The weather guessers are promising sun for most of the day. We'll see.

Our network at work was sketchy most of yesterday, so I didn't get as much work-work done as I'd have liked. Had to take a couple hours in the afternoon for a re-check on my eye pressures. Added a new drop and that apparently got the pressures back within an acceptable range.

Don't know what I'll get into today other than work-work. Loader is still set up to crank on .38 Specials, so might do some of that.

Y'all have a great Tuesday and be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Great morning folks,

With a southerly breeze we have 28° but going to 34° later here near HalfwayUSA. Reports of black ice in the area & looks to be a bit of ice fog too.

Yesterday's trip to old hunting partner's place was good. I am glad to report is health is slowly improving. He'll never run a marathon but he's able to walk about somewhat better. As of now he has no desire to try to drive himself. So out trip to town to get a few groceries was followed up with a swing out & round some back roads on the way home.

While I was away Debra Dearest got carpet and pad ordered. We'll go pick up a roll of pad today. The rolls are 12 feet in width & her cute little pick up is too dainty for the task. The black ice will delay us going until it warms a bit.

Today we'll be playing musical furniture & pulling up old carpet, pad & staples...lots of staples.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
No tackless, Scott?
On the walk a little while ago I could almost imagine a little freezing mist on my face. Jan has an eye doctor appointment in Port Huron in a while so I’ll have first hand knowledge of those roads. She had the eye implants done couple years ago and, although they are doing well, she has to go have them check periodically so the doctor can see his bank account better.
No body wants my TAC powder, I guess.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 25º and Sunny here headed for the upper 40's. We have a heavy frost this morning.

Yesterday I rode with my running buddy to get a cover and some accessories for his new Blackstone Griddle. We took the back roads home and stopped at several shooting spots. It looks like the shooting around here is slowing down.

Not sure what today holds. My running buddy said something about needing to buy a couple of propane bottles for his new griddle and getting them filled. We're expecting the Doctor to call so we may be messing with water after while.

My hunting buddy that was fighting the Covid lost his battle yesterday afternoon. His major organs began shutting down and his Wife had to make the decision to unplug him. If you're inclined please say a brief prayer for Walter and Jackie.

Prayers offered for those fighting the Covid, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Prayers for lightman's friends....Always hard to lose good friends and family. A lot of memories with them.
Got my port put in (left side..LOL) yesterday. Also went by and got fitted for pad for radiation treatments. Made for a long day. NOTHING planned for today except complain about sore shoulder. This picture could just as easily said guns instead of boat....

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Good morning from Otis's house in the sticks of Kentucky where the thermo says 28° and will likely stay close.
Damcows are fed, Otis and Spooky got their morning Can and I am going to stat byvthe wood stove maybe.

I see a lot of Censorship happening now. Fbook and Tweeter wont tolerate anything not supporting the Communist drivel. Parler is Gone. Last night AR 15.COM was shut down for a while but back up now. We are in the same place that 1930s Germany was except reversed....they censored the Jews and Commies. that is all on that

TAC Powder??? FB, I must not be in the loop.
Bruce, that was .money well spent I think? Maybe?
Lightman, sorry to hear about your friend, it's real bad in my area right now.

I pissed off a preacher yesterday...he was telling me about the Chinese Virus infecting 85 people in his congregation, killing 4 and leaving 2 more seriously disabled. I told him maybe you should have closed the door for a while??? And not say "God will protect us." Well step out in front of that Train and see what happens....
Any large gathering indoors is dangerous now.
Maybe I should just STFU sometimes?

Y'all have a Good Day and don't try moving Damcows across a highway...may not go well.

Reactions: Greyfox

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
JR, while coming back from a doctor visit, one of the local big churches has an electronic billboard for church schedules, etc. It now reads, "Thou shalt wear a mask....Proverbs." At least that preacher has a sense of humor.

·
Premium Member
4,816 Posts
Mornings gone but checking in from the rest area in Davenport Iowa. Pretty smooth trip so far...except I'm towing a trailer and has mileage went to hell.
Have a good day!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Late afternoon check in, up and at em early this morning, 6:15 am, met 2 of my buddies from church and we went rabbit hunting out at the big farm. Had a great time, had 9 races, and killed 5 rabbits, on one 18 acre field of mine. I brought home two young rabbits and we will have them fried up for supper tomorrow night. Sorry to hear about you friend, prayers sent Lightman. They are dropping like flies around my neck of the woods, looks like one of my old muzzle loading buddies is not going to make it, nor his wife either, they are both on a slow steady downhill decline. Stopped by the LGS and picked up a new to me Sharps carbine, in .50/70. This one is a copy of the Mc Nelly carine, 22" barrel, single trigger, casehardened lock and action, barrel bands and butt plate. This was a run of Short Sharps carbines, no nonsense as specified by the Texas Rangers, they had 50 of them made. I will see how it shoots tomorrow and may be my new woods rifle for 100 yds and under. Those big 500gr slugs would be rough to be on the receiving end of. I am getting the itch to go hog hunting, and use one or more of my old single shots. I think this would do nicely.. Prayers for our country and anyone else that needs them, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
JR and the preacher reminds me of the story Jerry Clower told about the guy who got stuck in a flood...... here’s the short version........The guy‘s house was totally covered with water and he was on the roof but he repeatedly refused help saying, “ God will take care of Me.” When he perished in the flood and went to Heaven, he asked God why he didn’t save him. God replied,” What are you talking about ? I sent two boats and a helicopter ! ”

·
Premium Member
4,816 Posts
Ok made it to Lincoln Nebraska for the night. No issues so far. Looks like we will be staying in Rock Springs WY tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts