Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
38° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear skies, the high temperature for today will get up to about 61° with a mild wind. It will be a nice sunny day with no chance for precipitation. Supposed to be fairly nice for the rest of the week also.

I spent the day here working at home yesterday, today I have to be on the road for the morning and then this afternoon I will have paperwork I have to do. Now that the weather is getting better I want to start getting out shooting. I am hoping this week I may be able to go later in the week for awhile.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
Mornin George and the gang...
Phone says its 46 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Supposed to be a other.pretty day, think they are saying rain may
move in Thursday, just hope it leaves before Sat. You all have a
gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 54 going to upper 70's sun and DRY! Farmers are putting nitrogen down and sending a cloud of dust across the field, when it rains we will get a large amount that'll run off never a dull moment with Ohio weather. Like to catch up with work so some enjoyment can be found this year. Be safe and healthy Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fifty Two in south central KY, headed to the upper seventies.......
The weatherman is calling for rain mid-week. So a mowing I go, for today.
Y'all have a blessed day, prayers for all in need.
Dave

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 63, gonna be 73 to maybe rainy this afternoon. Yesterday was 84 but the wind picked up and caused some issues.
I shot Dads old Stevens automatic Yesterday. First time in 20 plus years that it's been fired. I came away with a new appreciation for it. It's going to be a shooter.
Home projects this morning, taking the car for service this afternoon. This warm weather has me wanting to get it out for season.
Hopefully everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Good morning from Indy. It’s 51 heading for near 80. My golf score is more likely to be near 90 but I’ll enjoy it anyway.

Baylor is the champ. I went to bed at half time. Nuff said.

Off to start the day. Have a good’n.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Good morning it's 45* here and up around 70 later. I have to go out to the farm after while, they sure have been busy when the sun shines. Yesterday morning I put some bread crumbs out for my critters and birds and had six does come in and eat every bit. Another thing I've noticed at the feeder are Cardinals, I have a bunch. That's about it from here, you all have a good one today.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
morning all. 40 here with wind on the way, up to 50mph gusts today. High wind warning, red flag warning, blowing dirt warning and fire weather watch! WOW all at once!
Worked on the disc yesterday, got the two center gangs back on, now for the four on the wings. But not today in the wind.
Guy running the plow hit a big chunk of cement buried out in the field, never hit it in years before. But we got the plow fixed and going again.
Breakfast is waiting so I'd better get to it. Have a great day, prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
Good morning everyone...52° here at the house. Getting ready to drop a cat off at the vet so they can fix her then off to the shop. Probably drag the dairy bucket in and remove the mounts and clean it up to put the new ones on once they get burnt out.
Need to get home early today and pick up some branches and get ready to mow I guess. Not looking forward to it.
I might get something done to the camper trailer today if I get the chance.
I just remembered there is a match this weekend at Farmland I need to load ammo for.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky with a breaking sunny day ahead. I did not have a fire in the wood stove last night so it is a bit chilly in the house this morning.
I had a rough night last night due to a banged up shoulder and a worn out hip...but I can't complain because work is just starting.

I had an old dead log fall on a fence and I drug it off with the Polaris Ranger yesterday....it was on a cliff line and it started rolling and almost drug me over the cliff. I fortunately was in 4 WD and the log broke into anyway, but I was about to jump out and let it go. Always problems if you go looking for them.

I didn't fire a shot yesterday, so I need to catch up today. I did spray paint my pistol targets so they are looking fresh again. Maybe skruske will bring that big cannon he recently loaded for and we can exercise it.

Michigan.
What is going on up there with the Chinese Virus? Skruske and FB must be spreading it out pretty good as the cases reported have gone up 5 X in the past couple weeks. Maybe your Gubenor is trying to get rid of you. I expect a big blow up as a result of Spring break in the sun country.

Have a nice day and be safe.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 53 in Louisville, sunny, and going to 78. We'll get a few clouds later today and chance for rain in a couple of days. The grass in my yard sure loves this time of year.

A friend asked if I'd make a simple sheath for a little belt knife he's owned since childhood. It's a Camillus knife and pretty sharp. This is my first effort on a sheath for a knife that has a guard. Probably the most common sheath for this type just covers the blade and has a strap for retention. Here's how it looks.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there. Prayers up for all who have asked and for our nation.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,274 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 52 and cloudy here, headed to 70's later. The showers they predicted overnight didn't come. Too bad, I sprayed weeds in the driveway with Pramitol and wanted a little rain to wash it into the roots. Should have some by end of week. I mixed a little 2-4 D in with it, so what it touched should be dead by then. I'll need to burn off the dead stuff before they come and do the drive. Firewood is officially done at my place. I could probably fit one more wheelbarrow full in my shed, but then it usually falls out anyway. I still have that one problem tree to worry about, but it's got some buds on it. Ain't dead yet but will be by next year. I guess I'll cut it down then, if it doesn't fall over before. Just hoping the winds blow it away from the yard, not into my fence, pond and/or house.

Gotta get busy, long day today. Have to go to the gun shop after work, then have a Township Planning Commission meeting after that. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 57º and Sunny here headed for the upper 70's. Like many of you we have rain and possible storms in the forecast for tomorrow.

Yesterday was a lazy day. My MS was kicking my but and the Wife and I didn't hardly get out. It was a shame, the weather was great although it was cloudy all day.

I think we're going to take the Wife's Expedition to the shop this morning. The fan has quit running and its not the fuse. After that I think we're going for a ride. Maybe up to Heber so she can see my buddies lakehouse. We haven't had time to do anything together lately and I'll be getting busy soon with my Dove fields and whatever the Doctors decide for us to plant.

Prayers offered for our members fighting health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Morning all, 56 headed to 78 today, sun is shining great. Ended up getting a lot done yesterday, fixed the sight on a Sharps and zeroed it, dropped my 4 Wheeler off to be serviced. Went and got my taxes dropped off, will be ready Thursday. Done several other things around the shop as well. Wife has put me to painting the rocking chair and table on the porch today, not a big job. Also going to put new batteries in my wheelchair, see how that does. Hope to get a few hundred .30 caliber slugs cast today also. You all have a good one, Buff out.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
IF there is a virus spreading about in Michigan, it isn’t me that’s causing it. I also think the Michigan figures are fudged so Wretched Hitler can get more Fed money from uncle joey. Remember, he had considered her for his petting zoo but felt the camel could pull more votes his way. With much fanfare Wretched and her daughter, Gretel, are going to Detroit today, a drive of more than 100 miles from their home in Lansing, to get their first flu shot at Ford Field. Our leader didn’t want to be the first in the govmint experiment. Are all these who die from CCP Flu going to be voting in the next election? But enough about politics. Define Politics, the hill william was asked. Being more educated he broke it down thusly. Poli means many and ticks are leeches, therefore Politics means many leeches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts