Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took this Tom with my longbow this weekend. Did a trip to central KS to hunt Turkeys in the morning and evening and hunt coyotes during the day in some sand hills.:D
No coyotes but a nice tom Saturday morning :) . 23lb, 8" beard, 7/8" spurs with 60" Longriver "Elk" longbow, 55lb pull and my homemade cedar arrows with Magnus heads from a ground blind.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can take all them stupid turkeys back to Oklahoma with you if you`d like. I hate them things. By the way ever heard of the Nocking Point ( Mike H ).

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Have had trouble gettin a tom at times with state of the art equipment!That takes some doing and no doubt gives some real self satisfaction to do it your way=Good going!!
I can completely understand Sodbusters advice as turkeys are a flying rat to a farmer.Was farming in SE Mn back in 1986 when I saw my first turkey,thought to myself cool we got turkeys. Three years later I was shooting them on site for self preservation! Had to try to get corn into the silo before the 747s leveled the fields close to the woods and all my fields were close to the woods :mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have taken coyotes with my recurve and longbow. I shot one with my selfbow this fall from a tree stand while deer hunting. I have been trying to find my photos of my coyotes with bows. It will take me some time.

Yep, I buy most all components I use for my arrows, strings and other traditional archery stuff from Nocking point. I try to deal with his wife since she is a lot purdier. (Is that a new word?) Either at shoots we attend or call him up at the barn and order from him. He sells a bow sometimes for me also.
We try to take all the KDPW will let us take with our bows. We, as in a group each spring make several trips to central KS and get a good jag of turkeys with our bows.

We used to hunt along a corn field but it was planted milo this last few years so we moved into the edge of the woods where they roost and fly down going to water.

I also hunt whitetail there when I can draw a tag for that area. It's been 3 years now since I got a tag. Maybe this next year will be a charm.

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just wondering about the Nocking Point as Mike is a very good friend of mine and lives about 10 miles from me. Almost anyone in traditional archery(in the 5 state area) knows him. I`ll tell Brenda you think she is purdy.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I Most Certainly Do Admire YOu ! ! !

I might as well have a rock as to have a bow, but, I do admire anyone
with the skills that you very obviously have. Contratulation on you hunt-
ing success.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts