Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike made a "Rifleman " reference in a recent post and Kermit made a "Have Gun Will Travel" reference.
Who were your favorite television western stars and comment on the firearms they used.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Judy Brown must be in Love with Jim Hardy on Wells Fargo. (Dale Robertson) She watches that show every single day, which is a heck of a lot better than the Halmark Channel...can't stand that crap on Hallmark.
Don't know what pistol he packed, but he was Left Handed and Kills someone every day with it. Also. His Sexual Orientation is questionable to me as good lookin wimmen are throwing themselves at him Every Day and never has bedded one of them yet! Jest sayin....

·
Registered
9,510 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I grew up in the 70‘s and always liked Clint Eastwood Movies but It wasn’t until I was a grown man that I saw him in Rawhide. I like to watch the old shows now just to see the actors when they were so young. I had never seen an episode of Bat Masterson, Have Gun Will Travel, Wanted: Dead or Alive , Wells Fargo, or Wagon Train until just 2 or 3 years ago. My son says for some reason his dog likes to watch Wagon Train. When I was young we didn’t watch a lot of Television and the only thing I remember Dad watching was the news and Gunsmoke. That’s probably my favorite.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Can't remember anything today, but I remember the Western show where the main character that had lever action rifle that had the barrel and the stock cut down and had a long holster to carry it. My Dad read almost all of the Louis L'Amour western novels, so we had to watch all the TV programs every week back in the 50's, 60's and 70's. The show might have been The Rebel.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Dale Robertson (Wells Fargo) lived and had a horse farm west of OKC. My neighbor when I was growing raised and trained race horses. I worked for him some and used to go to Dale’s place periodically. He was a nice man.

Reactions: JRinKY
1 - 9 of 9 Posts