Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about these? Looks like they both feature 30" heavy stainless barrels, laminated/vented benchrest stocks. The 308 (F/TR)has an adjustable cheek piece and a traditional looking stock. The 6.5-284 (F class) has an extra wide forend and sculpted butt stock and both feature a new adjustable target accutrigger. The street price on these will be close to $1000.
Look to be a great entry level guns for 600 and 1000 yd. BR.

Remington has a couple new varminters for 07'.
The first is a stainless repeater that looks like the XR 100 chambered in 204 223 and 22-250. The other is an SPS varmint that will be reasonably priced, chambered in several calibers including the new 17 FB. Other features are a ventilated forend and a new X Mark Pro Trigger. Price should be around $550

Hawkeye

·
Registered
13,374 Posts
big green

Anyone know about these? Looks like they both feature 30" heavy stainless barrels, laminated/vented benchrest stocks. The 308 (F/TR)has an adjustable cheek piece and a traditional looking stock. The 6.5-284 (F class) has an extra wide forend and sculpted butt stock and both feature a new adjustable target accutrigger. The street price on these will be close to $1000.
Look to be a great entry level guns for 600 and 1000 yd. BR.

Remington has a couple new varminters for 07'.
The first is a stainless repeater that looks like the XR 100 chambered in 204 223 and 22-250. The other is an SPS varmint that will be reasonably priced, chambered in several calibers including the new 17 FB. Other features are a ventilated forend and a new X Mark Pro Trigger. Price should be around $550

Hawkeye
remington came out with a 338 lapua mag longrange sniper :cool:

G

·
Link?

I looked on the Savage web site and could only find as "new" the Model 12 LRPV. I'd be much obliged if anyone could direct me to some info on these two new rifles.

TIA,

V1

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
they had them on the savageshooters.net . 12FT/R Precision Target Rifle at $1142 and 12F Class Precision Target Rifle at $1211. I think if I was to send that kind of money I'd by a custom .
Art

G

·
ArtinNC

Who would you have build that rifle? I'm seriously considering the 6.5-284 cartridge for a LR target rifle.

TIA,

V1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.