Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is going to get a new one,
Is there a good reason to get an angled eye piece over a straight one ?
Is the Nikon Feild Scope 3, ED model a good/great(?) unit ?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Absolutely!!

Faith,

Much easier to do your own spotting at the range, BUT if it's use is going to be for spotting game go with the straight.

Rick

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nikon Scopes

If several people are using the scope to look at the same area (a bird for instance), then an angled eyepiece is good to accomodate their different heights. It is a pain to keep adjusting a tripod with a straight through scope on it.
If you are the main user then a straight through design is easier to pick up your target. Some target shooters like the angled as it is easier to see though without changing your position as much.
I have no experience with the Nikon spotting scopes but consider their binocs excellent for the money.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
If it will be used in the field you have to check out the Leupolds. They have a field of view that is several times larger than anyother spotting scop I seen. I have a 15 to 30 Leupold and sometimes wish I had alittle more power, but would not give up the field of view for 3 time as much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.