Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a newer version of rscb's uniflow, can anyone explain how the baffle sold for it works and how well.Also never been to a big BR match, wonder what most shooters use to weight the powder. I here they throw charges rather then a electronic or a balance scale,and is 2/10th. of a grain of powder at a match make the difference. I looked at 2/10 of Varget on my electronic scale and it don't look like alot.Didn't lite it on fire though. Hey 3 questions in 1. Thanks for all the help people.

·
Registered
272 Posts
All of the BR shooters I've ever watched in action don't weigh powder. Instead, they all use powder measures with numbered adjustments. Harrells seems to be the standard manufacturer, but there are others to be sure. Neil Jones makes one; there used to be an insert available for the Lyman's that is still pretty sought after.

Be prepared to spend some $$$ if you go in that direction. I've got a Harrells BR with bearings that is possibly the best reloading investment I have made to date. They are very nice units.

As for powder weights...most BR shooters tend to ignore weighing in favor of volumetric charges. It has worked well for me too.

Hope this helps,

Steve

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Uniflow

Have a few of them. Get the Micrometer adjustment for it a lot easier to read and more accurate. http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=654966 Use the baffle all the time it helps your consistancy. On my PD loads I'm a half grain off max so a couple tens is no matter. I weigh about every 10th to 15th round they are never off more than a 1/10.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Uniflow is 10 years old, I don't know if it is a newer version or not. I bought the baffle for it a few years back and it made a world of difference. The baffle makes it so there is pretty much the same amount of downward pressure for about 7/8 of the powder column.

My friend Russ traced out my baffle and cut one out of bleach bottle type plastic and it serves the same purpose, only his was free.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yep Mine Was Free, Put it in an Old Redding Measure.

Sure helped with the consistency of the drops. At first I had it very close to bottom, but moved it up about an inch and I belive that made it even better. Was a milk carton Kyle, your catching my Terminal Case of CRS. LOL. Russ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.