Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a vx3 6.5-20 that i bought used on e-bay.

i was surprised to see the elevation adjustment turret was the only high turret. the windage adjustment turret is a standard, low profile configuration.

a quick search of the manufacturing date tells me the scope was manufactured in 1991.

was this a standard turret arrangement for the scopes of this era, or am i looking at a customized or retro-fitted scope?

beautiful scope otherwise.

thanks in advance.

es

·
Registered
187 Posts
Leupold scope

A PD shooting buddy of mine had one like that back in the mid 90's. It seems like they were called a varmint model instead of target.
Dave

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Or, back in the day, if the scope was sent to Leupold, they would install a varmint knob on elevation or windage position for $35 each. I did that back in the mid 90's.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have one of each, target and varmint. The Target sits on a Remington 40X 30/338 mag. It has the tall turrets on both vertical and horizontal adjustments. The Varmint model sits on a Remington Varminter 6mm. It has the standard turrets for both vertical and horizontal. I've never seen one with tall for the elevation only but the tall turrets were always for sale if you wanted them.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Leupold will install the tall knobs for a modest price, as mentioned. I'd recommend getting it done, but that's b/c I prefer to "CLICK" the E/W knobs for a dead-on hold most of the time.

However, if you're a hold-off fan, then it doesn't matter as much IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts