Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to take a trip to SD next summer for prairie dog hunting. Got a group of 4 guys together for the trip. We are traveling from Atlanta, GA. From everything I have read, SD is the place to go. But, I would like to know if anyone has a recommended private hunt anywhere in the SE for prairie dogs. I have submitted some requests to ranches in Texas and that will help shave a couple hundred miles as compared to the SD mileage.

Any tips on places to hunt (private or public) will be much appreciated.
We are a respectable group and want to have a place lined out for our trip knowing that we are in store for a hunt that will produce some great memories. Would really love to find a place where it could become our annual trip we make each year.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sure wish there were PDs in the SE; it...

would save some of us a long trip. PDs are a creature of the plains and high plains. KS is likely the nearest PD state to Atlanta. Finding a good spot is a another story. The place I shot in KS had to poison the PDs on his ranch so I'm looking too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Man I live in Acworth and we are going back to Thunder Basin National Grasslands in Wyoming. I was their 9 years ago and its wide open on Federal or Private property and the ranchers love to see you knock on their door.

They had the plague go through there a few years ago and they are in a re growth mode now but still pleanty I hear.

Stop at the Ranger station in Douglas and they will give you maps. We entered the Basin in Bill Wyoming

Bryan in Acworth, Ga

1 - 4 of 4 Posts