Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes A Very Sad Day Indeed . The Hap Baker Gun Range Burned Down Yesterday 2 09 07 At 12 Noon Westminster Maryland. A Friday Tradition For Me A Life Member ! It Feels Like A Member Of My Family Has Passed . No Plans To Rebuild Nowhere Else Close To Go . I Dont Want To Go Anywhere Else Really Oh! No One Was Hurt ... A Black Powder Shooter Caught A Shooting Box On Fire Wind Was Blowning, Its 20 Degrees A Couple Fire Extingushers One Range Officer The Place Is Gone!!!!!!! I Feel Bad For Bill Myers, Jim Cole Officers And Others That Work There For Us Shooters I've Got My Fingers Crossed For A Rebuild!!!:(

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
Hopefully it was insured and...

Sounds like a good chance for a bunch of shooters and members to have Rebuilding BBQ. :)

Add some new features and ideas at the same time.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry to hear it. Can relate

Yes A Very Sad Day Indeed . The Hap Baker Gun Range Burned Down Yesterday 2 09 07 At 12 Noon Westminster Maryland. A Friday Tradition For Me A Life Member ! It Feels Like A Member Of My Family Has Passed . No Plans To Rebuild Nowhere Else Close To Go . I Dont Want To Go Anywhere Else Really Oh! No One Was Hurt ... A Black Powder Shooter Caught A Shooting Box On Fire Wind Was Blowning, Its 20 Degrees A Couple Fire Extingushers One Range Officer The Place Is Gone!!!!!!! I Feel Bad For Bill Myers, Jim Cole Officers And Others That Work There For Us Shooters I've Got My Fingers Crossed For A Rebuild!!!:(
Our range was partially burned by a large forest fire that got a good part of the town back in 2000. But it survived.

It is on DOE land and now the DOE wants to give it to the county and land developers are licking their chomps to develop it. So far a good fight has kept them at away for now. But we have very little room to grow here with DOE land and Indian land surrounding us.

Sorry to hear the news. We all are a bit less when these things happen.

DB

·
Registered
726 Posts
A Club would be most negligent to not have insurance. They should just be able to submit an insurance claim, and then rebuild.

Lance

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Was that the range at the dump?

I'd guess the next closest range would be Thurmont.
I used to live exactly halfway between Frederick and Thurmont.
Good luck with your search for a new range. They're rare in that area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.