Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today is going to get up to about 33°. It will be a sunny day with increasing clouds with a mild wind of about 7 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.

Yesterday was a cold day but it wasn't all that back due to not much wind. I was on the road for just a little bit and home most of the time. Today I am going to be on the road all day so I am glad it will be a decent day.

Hope Sam and all are doing well.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 34, cloudy and maybe 36 later. Snow, what little there is, has mostly melted.
Chores and odd jobs completed yesterday along with working on the Stevens Model 15, it's turning out nice.
Lots of running today, doctor at 7.30 and it goes from there.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like 19 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Headed back to the Dr this morning, going to run the camera down and
take a look at my innards this morning. Back later to go up other end...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Good morning all. It's 37 in Indy heading for 43. The creeping crud or whatever it is I have now has kept me awake off and on all night. I feel better sitting up so here I am. I may skip the pancake joint again today. I need to send in paperwork requesting the day off from table 17. One of the regulars and a waitress texted me yesterday asking if I was OK. I think I am.

Julie's uncle in Michigan passed Monday and she's planning on heading up there tomorrow. I'm not going but I guess I should burn up one of the Fauci virus home test kits before she goes. It'll make her feel better or keep her from going depending on the result.

With the reunion/gopher shoot now scheduled for May 14th, my summer is beginning to fill up and I'm liking it. Gotta' get a p dog trip on the calendar yet, too. So far, all the plans involve shooting or golf and, more importantly, seeing old friends we haven't seen for a while. Sure looking forward to that. Thanks George.

Continuing prayers for Sam and others in need including Bill M's family. There's covid around there.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
We’re checking in with a near balmy 29 degrees and we’ll get out of freezing at about 33 degrees. That’s not much but it’s into the thaw stage. So far there is no wind this morning and we are thankful for that. The USPS lost a 50 caliber McMillan action wrench. I filed a claim and they paid within 30 days. In the meantime we sent another and this time it arrived. There’s hope America.

·
Administrator
13,020 Posts
Good morning varmints, and happy HUMP DAY Mikey. It's a chilly 26 here in the middle of sweater season. Headed to 40 later but that's still a bit nipply.

Hair Joint Hand Shoulder Organ

Took Sue's car into the shop yesterday for an oil change and to see why it wouldn't start Monday. Of course, they couldn't find anything wrong. Probably didn't look real hard either. I worked at the gun shop last night, things are slowing down but we did get a few cases of misc ammo in. Nothing I need. Maybe some primers will show up soon?

Covid is everywhere Doug. Lillie returned to school yesterday and I think my daughter and the baby are getting over it too. I kinda feel like the fat kid in gym class at this point. After 2 years of not getting it, I'm bound to get picked for the team sooner or later. Life goes on. Not sure what to believe (are you surpised?) but now they're saying the vaxed are more likely to get Omicron? Jeeze...I'm tired of this crap.

Well I need to get busy. I hope to hunt after work tonight. Running out of season quick. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Great morning folks,

Just ever so slightly in the thaw range at 32.5° with low clouds and still a southerly breeze here near HalfwayUSA.

For those concerned, Deb's surgery went good according to the doctor. Hopefully in a couple days she will look fine because right now, not so much.😵

A few chores were accomplished late in the day. The birds have been cleaning up the seed I have put out. I figure they need the calories to keep warm. We've had bald eagles hanging around the area for the past several weeks. Yesterday we got close to a juvenile as it was tearing into a road kill deer carcass.

Reloading & some table saw work for today. Caring for DD is also part of the plan.

Glad to hear Sam is on the mend.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Good morning everyone....30° here at the house this morning. Still drinking coffee trying to get motivated. Worked on the stone box yesterday and got it pulled back together and tack welded so today I'll start going to town on it.
Last night I left the shop and picked up my buddy's other AR...he's had it in the box new for a few years. I put my NV scope on it so he can use it so we can do away with red lights all together. Hopefully we can get them sighted in pretty quick and get out Friday night again.
Still no word on the transmission for the camaro and its still on stands in the shop...I need to get it out of there asap so I can have the space back.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Morning all, glad to be back among you and home again. It is 24 headed to 52, and the sun is shining. They had me up a few hours after surgery, walking and putting weight on the left hip, something I had not been able to do in a year, without it popping out of place. The pain from surgery, while nagging, is about 1/3 what i experienced daily due to the hip being in bad shape. The cup of my pelvis only required very little work, while the femur tip was broken off in several chunks. When he sawed the tip off to put the implant in he said I had very good healthy bone, probably 20% thicker than the average bone, and his words were the operation was text book perfect, his 4 interns agreed.Yesterday I walked 40-50 feet 3x and am up already working on it today. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, seemed they paid off. Need to get moving slowly, prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wow. That’s great. Wasn’t so many years ago they would have just “put you down”. Keep up with the rehab carefully. Don’t overdo it.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 34º and cloudy here headed for the upper 50's.

My running buddy and I checked on the Doctor's place yesterday and then ran a bunch of errands in Little Rock. He accidentally deleted some movies that his Wife had saved so we went to several stores looking for DVD's. Of course we hit our favorite brewery!

Not sure what today holds yet. If my buddy don't call I'll be tumbling and sorting brass. We'll see......... I probably need to bring some more wood in.

Sam, thats good news! I hope you continue to improve.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's a fairly nice 36 in Louisville, going to 50 with sun. I don't plan on being outside, but it should be pretty nice.

I visited my doc via computer yesterday and she prescribed a Z-pack of antibiotics for me. I took the first two of those last night and I think I'm feeling a little better this morning. Temperature is down quite a bit from what it's been. Once I'm fully recovered I'll obviously be wondering if I had the COVID, but I don't know if it's worth sitting in line for hours to find out. I have zero faith in the home test kits.

Sam, I had just typed that I bet the next time we heard from you, you'd be home. I posted that comment, and there you are! You're a miracle man and an inspiration to the rest of us! Prayers will continue, but so many have already been answered, right?

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and please remember our GoGo needs and our nation in your prayers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Great news Sam !!! Best news I'll hear today. Continued Prayers for all and country. Make sure you're easy on that new hip, don't overdue it. Mike

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
morning all from covid Colo. Gwyn tested + so that means I've got it too. Feel like crap!!!
2 above here with mid 40s later, another nice day and I'm stuck in the house!
Been trying to whack another coyote on the heifer bait, so for no luck.
Will try to get chores done in a bit when it warms up some and if I feel like I can be away from the bathroom that long!
Have a happy Hump day and be safe. Prayers for those with needs, praise for Sam!!! We could use some prayers here for sure,
this stuff is wicked!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Great to hear from Sam prayers for continued healing. Also praying for Dean Gwyn and Ky Fisherman.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good Morning from the ☀ shores of Medico in Venice Florida not Italy.
63 to a high of 70 . Was hoping to get to range today but the Mrs has other plans I believe . I found out yesterday we close on the new place 2/11 the condo was very nice , great neighbors but we both have never lived so close to other people . Time to move on . Sam continue to improve ^5. . JR nice photo u da man .
Everyone have a good day and stay safe. Dean hopefully it will be a short and mild case .

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Sam, great news, and that you are home. I think the docs try to get you out ASAP because of all the other infections and other things at the hospitals. Do the physical therapy religiously, and it will pay off quickly.

I agree on the pain issue. I have had both knees done, and the pain from the arthritis or other injuries have been much worse than the pain from the surgery itself.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Upper 30's on the way to mid 50's with sunshine in the hollow. Good news about Sam, modern medicine other than covid vax amazes me. Things are pretty ordinary around here. As my workload decreases my willing ness to do anything at all decreases as well. I hate paperwork and so neglect it until it becomes a problem. So today and tomorrow I'll have to chain myself to the desk and desktop and giterdone.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Haven’t been on all day but I just checked in and saw Sam’s message. You just can’t keep a good man down.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I’m late to the party. Busy day. Bought a rem model 7 stock on another forum couple weeks ago. Texting back and forth with him and he was looking for a place to deer hunt next year. Of course I had to tell him what we had here. He pulled up the lodge on Facebook and evidently liked it. He called son this afternoon and booked for 3 hunters and option for 4. I’m thinking son owes me commission of this one…LOL. Or at least reimburse me for the stock. After all it’s for his daughter…..Now she’ll have a model 7 to fit her in 260.
Running errands all day for wifey and son. I make a good gofur.
I guess I’m not the only one late…I see JR has taken the day off too. I know what happened, he had good luck taming the coyote down he tried moving up….
Plant Grass Wood Carnivore Cat

Sam…I’m praying everything keeps going good for you. It seems like all us old farts are falling apart at the seams….

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts