Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
58° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 71°. It will be a mostly cloudy day all day with a light wirnd, there is a slight chance for a shower this evening.

Yesterday was a busy day with another one on tap today. I was on the road all morning and then in the afternoon the appraiser came and looked at my car for me. He said what I thought he would, the body shop will have to put a new door on it. Today I am going to be on the go for a time this morning and I also have paperwork to do.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 52 going to 75 and dry. Very unusual weather for Oct., great for squirrel hunting if I could walk to the woods. Garlic was planted yesterday lettuce is started in the greenhouse. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 54, cloudy and 64 for the high. There's a big rain storm off to the west, looking like wet, cold and windy today.
Amongst doing nothing of consequence yesterday I managed to get out to the range and sight in the birthday scope.
Today I really need to take stuff to the donation store.
The computer has 1100 files left, it seems to be restoring by date beginng with the oldest first.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like upper 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
It stayed mostly cloudy yesterday and rained in spots.
Tucker went trout fishing and at 1 place where they stock
he seen 4 trout and 3 otters. They are wipping out the trout before
a man gets a chance to fish for'em. Thanks to the game department for
stocking them back about 20 years ago. They wipe out ponds overnite
and leave the fish lay'in on the bank. Ain't worth skinning...
Back to the old grind today...again...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
96 Posts
68 at the moment with a slight drizzle, high of 73. Cloudy and cool the next few days. Of coarse I was going to take Friday off and play, supposed to be cloudy.
Rifle build, Bighorn SR3 with DLC coating. I was trying to decide on the magazine fed or a single shot. Looked around and there are bobsled type mags that are available. To me the AICS mags are a no brainer, swap cartridges and a mag swap allows feeding fairly easy.
The DLC coating sounds pretty nice as far as it being smooth. I have looked around and read some on it, have yet to find anything negative.
Cartridge wise up in the air there. Though I will admit to having a good interest in a 20BR.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
morning all. 22 here with mid 50s later, little snow on the ground, will go off quick this morning.
I'll be going FILs' chores for a while, he has blood clot in his leg and not moving well. He's got lots of chores, 85 goats,
a bunch of chickens and 8 pigs to feed and water twice a day. Guess I needed something else to do!
Didn't do much yesterday after chores, stayed in out of the cold, dirty wind, snow started about noon, and settled the dust anyway.
Only got about 2inches that stuck to the ground.
Have a Happy Hump day and be safe. Prayers for those with health issues and those traveling. Along with our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
12,745 Posts
Morning folks. It's 63 here, and cloudy. Been that way a bout 3 weeks now. Little sun once in awhile would be nice. Headed to 77 today. Thinking about archery hunting tonight, but it's still a little too warm and I have to start thinking about mz bear season this weekend, youth season the next, plus my trip to SD after that. Have a lot to get ready. And I should mow too. Always something to do. Well I'm running late. Need to get moving. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Morning Everyone!

We spent most of yesterday at the Doc's place helping the Dozer guy. We did burn a big brush pile where they moved some limbs from a few T'Storms. And managed to get into Little Rock for lunch at our favorite brewery.

My running buddy recently bought a wide front end for his John Deere G model and we'll go pick it up today. I think we are going to take it to a place that does sandblasting and powder coating. Not sure what we'll get into after that.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
EDIT: Well, we made it to Wears Valley, TN, (near Pigeon Forge) just fine today. We did hit 3-4 stretches where road construction barrels had traffic crawling, sometimes for 10-15 miles, I think. Didn't see all that much work going on, but huge traffic backups. Maybe the road workers took new jobs and jabs and are now flying Southwest passenger jets. Ha! Thanks for the travel prayers, guys, they worked.

HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo!. Blasting off for the Smokies in just a bit, so you get no weather report, no clever remarks, and no photo of girly humps, I'm afraid. Somebody cover for me, OK?

Y'all have a good day, be safe, and add KF and Miss Cindy to your prayer list as we're down in the land of smoking mountains and moonshine. :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Dominoes instead of fishing yesterday (I must be getting old). Could have went with the old maids and wouldn’t have cost anything and at 50 cents a game for the ones you lose, I ended up spending close to $4. However, now that I think about it tho, if wifey had caught me at the lake with the old maids, It might of cost me more than that……that is, when she got thru laughing.
Quite the storm display in Oklahoma yesterday evening and last night. Sunday night there were 8 confirmed tornadoes in the state, and last night we had 14 confirmed when I went to bed about midnight. All those to the east of me. Then after I went to bed, te line formed to he west of us, and came over us. We got about 1/2” of rain out of that one with the wind. No tornadoes close here. Now here it is 8 AM and they just put Seminole County (daughter lives there) under tornado watch. Two of those last night were tracked at close to 100 mile path. They would stay on the ground awhile and then rotate up to the clouds for a while and then drop down again. When they do that in the daytime, they are quite the thing to see. I’ve seen way too many of them over the years. I guess that’s why they call us Tornado Alley. Usually 90% of them in the spring. They say average 4 in October, but we’ve had at least 22 now in 2 nights.
Happy Birthday to those that are getting older, and good luck hunting for those of us able to get out in the bushes….speaking of bushes>>>>
Font Cartoon Photo caption Internet meme Poster

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Morning all, 66 headed to 78 today, cloudy. Got a lot done, went and picked up 3 rifles, got some corn for the deer, worked on some rifles and got the shop picked up somewhat. Going to put corn and hopefully blinds out today. Got to go pick up my cow check, hope they did well. I called to see where it was, they said they had it in the office, did not have a address. Going to get a few groceries while in town. I am thinking on going and buy a bunch of can goods, and dried beans to add to the pantry. I talk to several folks all across the nation on a daily basis, and from one coast to the other, small and big towns, all grocery stores are dealing with shortages, some places much worse than others, and it is predicted to get worse, much worse by the years end, by the Grocers Alliance. You all have a good day, remember those in need of prayers, KF and Miss Cindy traveling, Buff out.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky where it Is a cloudy but warm day. Typical October weather.
Dean sent me a photo of some snow on the prairie.

Sky Snow Natural landscape Cloud Grass

Seems like he said Chill Factor was 15° But Above Zero.
And No DamTornados either. Bruce got the Tornados last night and glad he missed them a bit. He has a Beautiful View out his back porch from the hilltop he lives on for a nice view of Texas.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Sky Land lot Grass Plant Sculpture

Bruce, can you promise me a Tornado if I come back in the Spring??

JB is taking crap to Goodwill today and bringing more crap back I guess.
Cows and Cats are checked; I will drag off a log or two later today and that's about it.
Have a safe day folks.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
^^^^^^I just noticed from your pic that I need to tell that oil company that those tanks need a fresh coat of paint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts