Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
59° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies and fog, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 71°. It was stay mostly cloudy today with a mild breeze and no rain expectded. We had light rain overnight.

Yesterday as expected I was on the road for half the day and it rained lightly for most of the day. Today I have to be on the road for the entire day, this morning I have to revisit the nursing home in Pa to finish up what they want done to start. This afternoon I have to go to the monastery to setup a new computer for them, I have been there a few times recently.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 55 with some clouds, high of 70. The good weather is with us for the week. Lots of cleaning yesterday, big load of stuff to the donation store. More to go today.
Computer, ugh. It is restoring files at the rate of 1000 per day. At this rate I won't have full use for over a week yet. The issue is a slow upload speed with no fiber optic in my neighborhood yet.
I got up too early this morning, couldn't sleep.
Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day,
Ken

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 61 going to near 80. The grass was mowed yesterday and if all was collected it would have been a Dean's size bale!!! I cleaned up the rifle, 17HMR need to test some different ammo that I have on hand. This rifle needs a different scope too, not enough eye relief for my fat shoulder. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Mornin boys...
Upper 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning and wet.
Haad to work over 4 hours yesterday, Floor drains stopped up
in the bigger high school. New help that started this year said,
they pour all the greese down them, hes never seen any of the cooks use the
take outside...lol We knowed but he was happy to tell us...
Don't know whats in store for today but I'm sure it'll be fun.
?You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
morning all. 39 with low to mid 70s again today.
Still no baling yesterday, just wet in spots, maybe this afternoon.
Worked on the dump truck problem yesterday morning, took the electric/air valve off the works the tailgate latch.
Took it apart and cleaned it, found a couple maggots inside the valve, how they ever got in the air system on the truck is
a mystery, but it all works again now!
Got three more sprinklers drained, only one more to do!
Happy Hump Day to ya all! Be safe and prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Its 63 in western KY going to 77 today. Looks like
its going to be a wet one w/up to 90% chance of
rain. Got to get to work cleaning my garage. Had a
new metal roof installed last week. Removed the old
Styrofoam and has bubble rap installed. Made a heck
of a mess.
I have got an Armadillo problem. I have killed one and
have got at least one more. They can do a lot of yard
damage in one night. Y'all have a goodun. LDS

·
Administrator
12,745 Posts
Good morning folks. And happy Wedgie Wednesday Carpman! (That's the new twist on HUMP DAY)

Hair Face Arm Swimsuit top Shoulder

I haven't set an alarm since before COVID and I tell ya, I almost overslept this morning. Snapped awake about 10 minutes later than normal. I would have been perfectly happy to wake up an hour late, to tell you the truth though. Ah well, the dam time change is coming and that will screw everything up for weeks. It's supposed to get up to about 74 today. It's 64 here already, and gloomy with some mist at spots. Still dark out. at almost 8. Ah well, we can use the moisture. I think I'll run to Maryland after work and climb a tree. Only been down there once this year and need to see what's around there. Acorns are dropping, so there should be some deer feeding on them. Used to be my best spot, but they quit farming the place due to deer damage. Not the same, but I have picked a few decent ones off there in the past 10 years.

Whatcha doin' Ken, making room for all the birthday gifts you'll be getting this weekend?

Well, I better get busy. Couple meetings this morning to get ready for. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 63º and cloudy here headed for the upper 70's.

I spent most of the day yesterday on the tractor mowing levees at the doctor's place. This should be the last time for the year. I saw the regular Doe with her Fawns a couple of times. The leaves are falling and the Persimmons are getting ripe. We had a late lunch at one of our favorite breweries in Little Rock.

I think I'll unload my tractor and get it cleaned up today. Probably unhook my trailer and get it parked and get the deer camp work stuff out of my truck. Saws, trimmers, gas cans, ect.

I'm giving some serious thoughts to selling my tractor. Its getting harder and harder for me to get on and off of it. And loading or unloading it wears me out. Getting up and down off of the trailer is about the same. The only place I use it is at Deer camp. I use the Doctor's tractor at his place and my Son's tractor at his place. We'll see.............???

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good Morning from the ☁🌨 side of the Chesapeake. Finally last night we got some well needed rain wouldn't hurt if it settled in for a couple of days but that's wishful thinking. 72 now with a high of 75 ish . Hopefully I take care of a few honey does. Go to Richmond VA for blood work , ekg pre-op testing tomorrow . That's about the only reason we go to our home town is the hospitals and doctors. Anyway y'all folks have a wonderful day. Hopefully I'll catch y'all a little bit later. Be safe .

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hedgehoghunter……At our age, hospitals and doctors are about the only reason we go “anywhere”….
Charlie…..good job on the “whatever” day it is….

Well no animals were injured yesterday (except for a drive-by on a raccoon). Hunting here at the lodge starts this afternoon. A good time was had by all yesterday it seems. I need to go check wheat fields to see if all was sowed yesterday. If I had it figured close, we should have enough seed to path some washouts and a enough for a couple of “grasshopper rounds” in a week or three. Always have to do the grasshopper rounds later. And this year was an exceptionally good year for grasshoppers.

A very close friend of the family who used to farm next to us was a very religious man and a deacon of the church we attended. I stopped to visit him one day while he was standing by his mailbox with a hoe in his hand. He said he didn’t figure the Good Lord made any mistakes when he created the world, but he needed to ask him about a couple of things when he got to heaven. He said he just never saw a good purpose for grassburs and red ants……. I used to say the same thing about grasshoppers, but then I figured you could use them for fish bait…..LOL.

I found me a T-shirt….
White Vertebrate Product Human Textile

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Morning all, 67 and rain headed to 74 today. Rain is here all day, may have to zero rifles tomorrow. Got the cows moved yesterday, sad to see them go, but needed to happen. Loaded up100 rds of .45 L Colt, 255g HPs. Need to do some cleaning and rearranging in the shop today, never ending process. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sam I know what you mean by the cows leaving. On the day semi rolled out the drive with the Jersey milk cows. I was sitting in a restaurant at 5PM having a casual dinner.!! Mike

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 70 in Louisville at 10:45 a.m., only going to 77 with light rain off and on all day.

I have to leave in just a few for an informal meeting of my work team at a local cafe. The occasion is that one of our team members from Wisconsin is coming through town with her husband, on their way to Gatlinburg,, TN, for vacation. Years ago, we had the budget to fly our whole team to Louisville twice a year for face-to-face gatherings. That got cut to once a year, and with COVID most of us haven't seen one another since maybe 2019, if then. While I love working at home, there's something to be said for getting together and really getting to know one another. It changes the team dynamics. Anyway, that starts in about 45 minutes.

Great Wedgie Wednesday photo, Charlie, and I appreciate it! Heck, I'll probably come back and appreciate it several times today. Ha! Hope you see some horns if you go to Maryland after work. I really love the photos you've been sending, both from your trailcams and the "live shots" from your phone.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for those in need.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Good morning. Slow start today. Currently 68 and looking like rain with 76 and more looks-like on the schedule.

Had a laser procedure on my right eye around 6:30 last night and I was not supposed to be on the computer or cellphone for 24 hours. Don't tell anybody. The eye surgeon only does this particular procedure one Tuesday per month and only after normal office hours. My appointment was at 5:00 PM, 45 minutes from the house, but they changed it to 5:20 without bothering to tell me. We planned on being a little early and were 10 minutes out when they called to make sure I wasn't wearing cologne or after-shave for "your 5:20 appointment". Not a real big deal but let me tell them I changed the time and see what happens! So, as expected, we arrive early and get to sit around for a while and sign papers saying there are no guarantees of any kind. You don't just hit a check box next to the disclaimer and sign it, YOU HAVE TO REWRITE THE ENTIRE SENTENCE then sign it. I asked if I was seeing a doctor or an attorney. Hoping the procedure does what it was expected to do. Otherwise, I'll just live with it. Last visit to this guy, for sure, and the optometrist who referred me to him is gonna' get an ear full, too. Rant off.

Time to hit the man cave for a bit. I need to load a few hundred more rds of 9mm then switch over to .224V. Rapidly falling into gun smoke withdrawal.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Grandad

·
Premium Member
5,200 Posts
Missed morning by a little....got in here this morning and started welding parts for spool lifters then the excavator I welded the thumb on left. Got the exhaust kit in for my son's camaro earlier.
I also got a package from FedEx that made me happy....well except for the price of said package.
Rectangle Packing materials Packaging and labeling Material property Font

Should be good for a while except for small pistol primers....I can use the small rifle but don't really want to.
Still raining here and there so I'm glad I mowed my yard last night!
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Good afternoon from the sticks of Kentucky.
We have had light rain all morning, mostly too light to call rain.
Friend brought a Stihl chainsaw by yesterday for me to sharpen. It won't Start so I don't guess it needs much work.
I have been pretending to be Sam or Doug as I loaded 120 rounds of .22 BR this morning. The hard way, single stage press and weighing each charge.
Probably never shoot all of them and I am down to my last Pound of VV N-135.
I also cleaned said rifle yesterday allong with a .204 Remington 700 VSS.
VERY unlike lazyass me. The .22 BR is the one put together by the infamous Mot Yelrom and is a Hummer. Mot is gone now.

Things are getting interesting in Germany it seems.
Maybe I should do something outside now, but it's Saturday.

Reactions: Grandad
1 - 17 of 17 Posts