Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
21° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, it is nice but chilly. The high temperature will be up to about 41° with sunny skies and a light breeze. No rain of snow in the forecast for today.

Yesterday I was on the road till early afternoon. Today I have to be on the road all morning and then I have a gentleman coming here this afternoon so it will be another busy day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like it's 23 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Guess me and the boys are going.to see if we can find
a buck, I ain't had any luck yet doing that...lol We can kill a turkey
today or tomorrow. We've been seeing 8 to 10 tons pretty regular
at one of the spots. I bet they'll go underground next couple days...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Dknnie

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's cloudy, 48 and dropping. About 33 later. Yesterday I finally finished my writing project, and have it in the mail, over a month late 🙃. Printing and postage costs are way high, nearly double from a couple of years ago.
Today is meetings and domestic chores.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Great morning folks,

We have a moderate 33° with a mostly cloudy sky but later the high will get to the upper 40's. here near HalfwayUSA.

A more than adequate amount of firewood got moved yesterday. Other chores were handled & errands were run...twice. Our pantry is comfortably stacked & packed. I suppose Brandon & his crew of misfits can continue to ruin things while we watch from a distance.

My buddy John is coming around this morning. I have to change the barrel on his AR15. Seems he isn't satisfied with the accuracy of a Criterion barrel & wants to upgrade to my last Krieger.

Deb & I will start getting ready to host dinner tomorrow. First time we have done so at the Halfway House in 3-4 years. Her family have been here over Thanksgiving but we have not.:LOL:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Red T.Basset has me up and walked already this morning but that’s alright. We’ll have 18 here tomorrow for dinner and some of the cooking has to be done today. I’ll get a turkey breast in the oven soon and then I’ll just bone it and tomorrow add it to the whole turkey about 30 minutes before that’s done. Easy Peasy. We made the dough for two pies yesterday and refrigerated that. I picked a bunch of sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley. That stuff is still green. Later today we’ll make the pies and cook them. Later today I’ll peel a couple pecks of potatoes and refrigerate that mess. Today we’ll bake some yams and peel them for candied yams tomorrow. I cubed a couple loaves of bread and dried it some. I add some turkey stock to the stuffing and that is why I’ll cook the breast today. I need the stock from the bones. Are you guys following this story? The only guy that understands all this is Bruce at the Lodge. We have two ovens and they‘ll be running non-stop for two days. The menu will be roast turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing not cooked in the bird, candied yams, green beans, homemade cranberry sauce, apple or cherry pie.

·
Administrator
12,875 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 28 headed to 48 with clear skies and light winds...for now. It's the real HUMP day so here's some REAL HUMPS. (Well, maybe not real, but who cares???)

Lip Hand Smile Building Daytime

Worked at the shop last night, fairly busy. Lots of calls for ammo, which we have hardly any. Guy picked up his suppressor. We had a good chat and I may go down that road here soon IDK why, I only have one rifle with a threaded barrel. But I do have a vice and action wrench. Working a little more than half day today, then I think the guys are going to the local brewery to kickoff the weekend. They have a couple new hazy IPA's I want to try. (Fourscore Beer Co. If you get to town, you should try it out.) We get Miss Lillie for the weekend tonight. She's at my mom's today. Be nice to have her around. See what we can get into.

Well, I guess I better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one and good luck to all the hunters.

Charlie

and a bonus pic. All in favor?

Hairstyle Photograph Fashion Sleeve Font

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 45º and cloudy here headed for the mid 60's with rain moving in tonight or tomorrow morning.

Yesterday we took the oldest Granddaughter home. The Fall colors were really starting to look nice as we drove through the mountains on the way to Hot Springs.

The Wife will be cooking all day today and I'll probably go with my running buddy to check things at the Doctor's place. I expect we'll have lunch at our favorite brewery in Little Rock.

On a personal note, I started my new MS meds the first of the week. This one is in pill form and taken orally. I seem to be tolerating it ok so, so far. Fingers crossed!!!

FB really makes your mouth water, describing his Thanksgiving plans! Ours are about the same.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
morning all. 28 and cloudy with possible snow late today. High in upper 40s.
Went to town yesterday morning and ran the boss mans bill at the New Holland store up by 1200.00$.
Just a few filters to keep me busy servicing tractors.
Did a few things around the farm shop as well as here at home.
Oldest and middle son came in at mid-night, youngest and his wife are somewhere in Wyo. will be here later today.
We'll only be missing our grandson, he has to work today and Friday so no chance of being here.
Not sure what I'll get into today, sure some one will tell me!
Have a Happy Hump Day and be safe. Prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
27 at sunrise under clear skies. Already up past 30 on the way to the low 50s. Should be a very nice day. Looks like the main chore for today is smoking a turkey which is currently brining. Tarcila is across town with the grandson, so the dogs and I are unsupervised. Side note about yesterday's post from LTR David, I was actually shooting a 22 PPC and I have the identical pattern on my stock, but the color is bright yellow. Will take a pic sometime.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
let's go Brandon!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah well, somehow I think I’m doing it wrong. I’m not much of a beer drinker and so I stay home and get all domesticated. You guys hit the brewery for your hoppy brews and your wife slaves over the stove. Have a beer for me but don’t shed a tear. My wife says I’m enjoying life. By the way, Jan is Irish and enjoys her brewskis, especially hoppy ones.
I’d like to see a picture of that rifle, Rick.
Let’s go Brandon.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Good morning all. It was 32 outside the pancake joint when I arrived. Should get to 51 or so. I'm back home being domestic and hanging with the dog boys. Tomorrow being Thanksgiving, we're doing Messican tonight but it's likely to be a short crew. Been playing with 9mm brass (this is a recording) thereby confirming my belief that I'll probably never catch up. Pretty much the same with the rifle calibers we shoot. I'll have stuff to keep me busy through the winter. No golf today, maybe none for a couple of months.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. Happy REAL HUMP DAY! It's 35 in Louisville, going to 56. Should be a nice day, then rain tomorrow morning.

Short post because we're sacking and packing to go visit family in Paducah. And I'm behind on my sacking. Miss Cindy wasn't real happy when she got home from work about 7:30 last night and saw that I had several guns ready to go but hadn't packed any clothes. I think I said something like, "First things first, Sugar Buns." Her reply was something like, "That black eye is healing up, but I can sure give you another one." :D

Glad some guys who've been chasing bucks are finally scoring, like Donnie's boy Elijah. And Sam made meat big-time.

Really nice humps on that little heifer, Charlie. Wish I had a whole herd of 'em.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and raise up prayers for our friends here and for our nation.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky at 30° and sunny. Cats and Cows checked and I will haul hay this afternoon.

FB, I think you need me to come check that grub tomar....sounds good but I would start with the Pie. Oldest boy and GF say I gotta go w them to ?for dinner and I might do that. I am Not going to Ft Knox for lunch today. Too far. Bologna sammich for me otherwise.
My neighbor finally killed a Buck after hunting hard. He is not a very good shot but is apparently improving.

Fawn Terrestrial animal Tail Snout Marsupial

I guess it will do.
Yall have a good day

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
^^^^ He’s mature and a nice buck. JR, I was gonna invite you to dinner tomorrow, but looks like your son came thru and you won’t starve. After the hunters left this morning, I asked DIL, er mom, and wifey if they wanted a day off for Thanksgiving. I told them I would buy, if they wanted to go out for Thanksgiving. You would have thought they would jump at the chance, BUT NOOOOO. I guess we’re going to DIL’s folks for Thanksgiving….3 miles, our closest neighbors. At least I won’t be on the road or 1/2 day. I think daughter and her youngest are coming Friday for the weekend.
I don’t know if son has more hunters this weekend or not, I am on the “need to know” list…LOL. Since I don’t guide or cook, I don’t really have much prep to do.
I made a grocery run yesterday. And while I was there, son said go about 12 miles further and pick up some things for me…..5 cases of 20 gauge, 500 6mm 87 vmaxes, and 500 6mm 105 Berger VLD’s. LOL, I know for a fact he has 1000 of each of those bullets in his stash.🐿
And while I was already there, I finally found some 6 Creed dies (so I won’t have to steal son’s), 100 6 Creed Lapua brass, and a “few” other necessities.
I sold the 6 Creed Begara to one of the “hunting party” couple days ago, and I think the 6.5 Creed Begara also. He is supposed to let me know Friday on the 6.5. The first time I have ever owned a gun (s) that I have never shot a round thru. I must be getting old. Owned them since July and never fired either of them.

Food Tableware Ingredient Sliced bread Recipe

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Morning all, 48 headed to 56 today. Got to make a run to town shortly, then back home and skin and bone out my doe I shot yesterday. Wife and I are having dinner tomorrow ourselves, mom is going to her sisters and we were invited. No thanks, I am not spending the holiday with a bunch of liberals, period. I need to do some gun work this afternoon also. Get Rusty to come over and bed his Hawken, drill and tap it in a couple of days also. JR you neighbor got a nice buck.You all have a good one, prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Good Morning from the 🌞 E side of the Chesapeake . Little chilly 37 to the mid 40's today . We have been having 18-20 mph winds for the last few day . To day it's supposed to lay down. Want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving be safe in travels . Have a great day .
JW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts