Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
57° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies and drizzle the high temperature for today will only get up to about 61°. They say we are in for showers most of the day with a 70° chance. We seem to be getting our April showers in May this year. I know one thing I wish it would stop raining for a few days, the rivers are way up and I can't go fishing as I want to.

Yesterday I was on the road all morning and then when I got home I had some lunch and went up and mowed the gun club grounds. It was the first time this year it has been mowed and now it will need to be done every couple of weeks. Today it looks as if I will be working here at home all day and this evening we will have our gun club meeting. I don't know how it will go, the stone mining gentleman are coming to give their pitch and then we will discuss it in new business and probably vote on it. I have been talking to members and I believe it will be a no go but who knows.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
52° here right now and only reaching 62 they say. Plenty to do outside today and this looks like a good day to do it. Gun club meeting last night was fairly uneventful. Heading to the range this evening with my son and a friend of ours.
Thanks to Doug for the heads-up Yesterday on the 300BO bullets. I was checking out their website and they sure do have some pretty projectiles.
Not much going on around here lately. If anything interesting ever happens, I will get a picture and put it on the board. Wishing everyone a good day.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 50 making it to 60's with drizzle, just enough to stop any lawn mowing. Might need JR's hay equipment by the time I get the grass taken care of. Not much happening around here except for some domestic work. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Morning, it's 60* here and that's the high for today and some rain. Should finish up the fire extinguisher inspections today, then on to something else. Gotta get moving, have a good one today.

·
Registered
13,171 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like its 63 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
I think they say rain again today but we'll see. Rained most of yesterday
but had some dry times too. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 37 and cloudy, might rain, high of 57. I overslept, yesterday was great. Really nice to get out with like minded people, here some good preaching, eat too much, ride the Zip line and enjoy the country side.
Today is working on rifles, 2 stocks to finish, scope issues to work on.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Great morning folks,

Currently we have our usual overcast with 42° but I can see clear sky moving this way from the west here near HalfwayUSA.

Yesterday the first Oriole of the season made an appearance. I put out the jelly cups and I see this morning he as already found that food source.

Deb & I spend nearly 12 hours going through the 5th wheel "summarizing" it. She detail cleaned it while I did what every maintenance & repairs were needed. We did get it emptied & ready my aunt and uncle's belongings.

Looks like rain in the forecast for Thursday & Friday. I will get the mower moving around the yard today. It'll be a cool day & that log splitter will probably get some exercise too.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
morning all. 37 with mid 60s later and of course the wind again, yesterday wasn't bad for wind and was cloudy and cool.
Got another sprinkler serviced yesterday and hope to get another today, we'll see how hard the wind is after chores are done.
Got three new calves yesterday in the bunch I watch, now probably won't get any for a day or two.
Gwyn is back home working as we were exposed to someone who tested positive for the virus, we are both feeling fine so far, but so is the person that was tested.
Better get, slept in. Prayers for those with health issues and our country.Happy Hump Day!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
Good morning all...50° here at the shop this morning. Looks like it might be a dry day up to about 60°. Yesterday wasn't too bad, I welded a little on a motorcycle cylinder and went and looked at a cracked transmission case on a
John Deere tractor at the dealership. They are supposed to get it out and cleaned up and brought over here sometime.
Put a few things on the sons engine yesterday when I got bored. Put the lower pulley on and cleaned up the distributor hold down and valve covers.
Messed around in the garage for a few minutes last night but didn't accomplish too much as it was late when I got home.
I need to get my trailer back in the shop and put new tail lights on it and I seen some of the axle U bolts probably should be changed out as well.

I'm scheduled to take the Suburban in the 17th to get the rear main seal changed unless I do it myself before that. It's a toss up on them doing it and saving my time and paying them $650 or just getting after it and done before then.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Administrator
12,418 Posts
Good morning folks. Looks like we're climbing up and over the HUMP this morning.

It's 62 and raining lightly, will continue like this most of the day the way it looks. Looking like rain might put a damper on the weekend fishing plans. Just my luck. I need to mow before we leave, but that's not going to happen. Grass looks good, most of the weeds look sickly after the weed and feed and extra shot of spray. But it's growing out of control. Ah well, it beats plowing snow. I worked at the gun shop last night for a bit. Seeing some ammo come in, but not much. Things don't look like they'll pick up any time soon.

Well I better get going. Expecting a visit from Snake River Marksman this morning sometime. He's in town for Mother's Day. Better get going. Work to do and 2 meetings before he gets here.

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I think JR is at the Messican place already and celebrating Cinco De Mayo. That’s Messican for clean out the fridgerator . It’s a cool 41 degrees here this morning and no rain is falling; that’s a change. I have to attack this rampant growing grass or surrender and buy some goats.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 52º and Sunny here headed for the low 70"s. It looks like the rain is gone until early next week.

Yesterday I took the Wife to 2 Doctor's appointments, to Lowes, by the bank and we picked up lunch and ate in the car on the back corner of the parking lot.

Not sure what today holds yet. I think we may head over to the Doctor's place and see how everything looks. We'll be draining ponds probably as soon as the Bayou gets low enough. Maybe lunch at one of the Breweries in Little Rock.

Prayers offered for our members fighting health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky at 55° and cloudy. We received 1.6 inches of rain the past 36 hours and Grass has Jumped up several inches. Time to mow the yard again.

I think there was a confrontation in Louvil derby weekend with the BLM harassing patrons at a restaurant. One patron who looked like KF pulled a revolver, and the BLM crew were also armed up. I try to stay away from Louvil as I don't need any of this.

I met a fella yesterday and we traded some ammo supplies. Nothing is showing up around here in the way of reloading supplies.
JB has been invited to a Bday/Anniversary party that I don't feel comfortable attending. Way upscale over my pay grade. I may decline.

I'm glad Ken had a good time at his outing, I would like to see him on that Zipline.
Lightman, you didn't invite me but I sure would like to have a Beer w you at one of those watering holes. I ain't much on craft beer that I have tasted though.

Have a safe day folks and don't skid off the Ziplines.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Morning all, 56 heading to 63 today for our high. Got a doc appointment this morning, having circulation tests on both my legs, but focused on my right leg, since that is the one affected most by the strokes. Had 3 different buddies stop by yesterday, and that killed my day pretty much, but was good to see them all, and I appreciate their checking on me. I got some parts in to finish the mechanicals of my Rolling Block build, it will be a 7x57 Mauser, waiting on the sights and wood now. Got to get moving, you all have a good one, Prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
56 with clouds and some misting rain, might make the mid 60's with sun this afternoon. With the exception of one stop I will do this morning, my route is done for the week. Also, I pulled the plug on one day each week. I was driving too far for too few $$ and decided it wasn't worth it as I wanted the time more than I needed the $$. Today I have several sizeable orders to ship, so maybe that's a good omen. Nothing much else is going on today. Maybe I should drive over to Arkansas and have a beer with Lightman. I am very fond of dark craft beer.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
12,885 Posts
Good. morning GGVG
Another rainy morning..doing same thing i did yesterday..nothing although i did get the heart monitor off and sent in....we'll see how that goes..
Im set on building a lightweight back door rifle....just don't know what yet.
U'all have a great day

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Good morning all. It's 49 in Indy heading for 61. Not a lot happening today on the lovely southside of Indy. Maybe some reloading. Maybe not. Going to watch a great niece and nephew run in a track meet this evening. Middle schoolers.

We just paid for two of the great nephews to attend this Karl E Kelley Memorial Youth Camp Money well spent. We've sent several youngsters and will keep on. Cancelled last year and filled up fast this year.

Jeff Hopson at Hoosier Bullets is a good guy, Carl. His hobby now has a full time employee besides himself. His wife is also a NRA certified handgun instructor. Thinking about seeing if they want to come along when the Varmint Reunion gets rescheduled.

I guess I'd better get after it, whatever IT is. Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
And now I have 100 .30BRs loaded and ready for a little more fire forming and a few zero and tune and I’m ready for next Saturday’s match. That’s way more than I need but I have to fire form soooooo.
And in between all that I had eight scam calls saying they are Amazon confirming my purchase of $399.99 to my Amazon card. If I made this purchase I can just hang up. If I did not make this purchase press one for a representative. Momma told me never press one for a rep. Instead I got on the “Do not call” site and reported the scam calls to the U.S. Guvmint. They aren’t doing anything anyway. And another thing; I don’t have an Amazon card.

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
Yeah, I was hit with supposedly multiple large ticket charges a while back....uh huh. Bozos

1 - 20 of 22 Posts