Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
64° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies, there are some stars out this morning. The high temperature for today will be getting up to about 80°, and of course once more we have some showers or thunderstorms in the forecast.

Yesterday I was on the road for about all morning and in the afternoon I mostly took it easy. I thought about going to the gun club to mow but I decided not to, in hindsight I wish I had. Today I have some paperwork I have to do and then see what is next.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Morning George and others too follow. 68 going to mid 80's with a chance of rain. Nothing done outside yesterday, drizzle drassle rain most of the day with about .05 rain falling. Plan on a few hours out today. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Good morning gang it's 67 here and a high of 80 today, a little cooler than it has been and little less humid today. I have to go in a little early this morning, better get moving, have a good one.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Mornin boys...
Upper 60s here high on RUGER MT this morning.
Another day at the grind...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 63 with a great chance of rain, high of 75.
More tinkering with guns today, I have a solidly lead lined barrel that needs cleaning.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
morning all. 50 with 80% chance of rain later, and 75 for a high today.
We got several fields baled up yesterday, boss mans' baler had problems that required some welding. Well put it back together this morning.
The other disc swather broke down be for it made it out of the yard yesterday so only the old sickle machine went to the field yesterday.
Seems everything is falling apart way faster than I can even fix anything, really didn't get any work done on the other swather or the broke drive line on the Peterbuilt semi.
Maybe today!!!
Happy Hump Day, hope you all have a safe day. Prayers for those hurting, and those with health issues, and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
9,776 Posts
Good morning gentlemen and ladies. 67 here at the pancake joint heading for 84 on the golf course. No news is good news and that’s what I’m reporting.

Have a good day.

·
Administrator
12,493 Posts
Good morning and happy HUMP DAY Carpman. Nothing cheeky intended, hope you're getting over the hump this week and back into the groove. We've all been thinking about you. But since I said cheeky...😁

It's 72 and humid here, not quite as bad as yesterday though. It was mid 90's and we didn't get the storms they predicted. I worked at the gun shop and didn't get home in time to mow, so I'll try to do that this evening, if it doesn't rain. I need to drop off a basement window to day to see if it can be fixed. I put a piece of firewood thru it this winter while stacking wood. I'll see if I can get plexiglass installed. Not sure if this particular window can be fixed, or if I need to buy a new window. Either way probably won't be easy.

We are on baby watch. Daughter's due the 19th but I predicted yesterday was the day. She called yesterday about noon and said she wasn't feeling right, starting contractions and was going home. By evening, contractions stopped. It will be soon, I'm sure. Probably can't get in the hospital to see them...dam virus, so we'll have to wait until they come home anyway.

Better get moving. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
With 66 degrees and cloudy skies for now we can expect 81 and partly cloudy and humid. Humid goes without saying with all the rain we’ve had o late, including 11/2 inches yesterday. This would have been a good year to plant rice but who knew? The rain cancelled my .30BR workout yesterday but I should be able to make backstop mud fly this morning. I di manage to get a rimfire gauge and a wildcat shoulder shoulder bump die for a fellow’s wildcat .17 hornet in the mail yesterday. Nothing is planned for today but that doesn’t mean nothing will happen. I’ve already taken Red T. Basset for his morning constitutional through the mosquito breeding area. Man, they are bad and they are hungry this year. There were now scantily clad Hump Day ladies out there. There never are.

Good luck with that baby delivery, Charlie. Don’t get cheeky pictures upon arrival.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 71 in Louisville, going to 86. Fairly cloudy this morning, opening up to partly cloudy this afternoon. No rain today or tomorrow, which is fine. Yesterday I had an eye doc appointment and drove through a downpour that was brief but intense.

Big day of work-work lined up since I missed most of last week. I got in maybe 4-5 hours of good, solid work yesterday.

JR, from that picture you posted yesterday of Otis the Cat, it looks to me like that rascal is about to hump himself to death. Looked pretty thin to me. I think you need to bring him some extra chicken sandwiches from McDonald's.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe out there, and hug those you love every chance you get.

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Good morning everyone..... decent day so far.....got most everything done yesterday and need to run to the dairy real quick to tack weld some SS back together in the milk room then I have a small hitch to modify somehow as soon as I talk to the guy that dropped it off. After that I may work on one of my projects that need to be done. I still need to yank the old engine and transmission out of my son's Camaro so I can take the tailshaft housing to the transmission builder to put on the new one. I also need to pick up the run stand so I can fire the engine up and adjust the rocker arms before it goes in the car.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Morning everyone!

Its 75º and sunny here headed for the low 90's.

We spent most of yesterday filling up tractors and fuel wagons. When my buddies boys gave up farming they had a few thousand gallons of offload diesel in a bulk tank at their shop. The bulk tanks go with the farm so we're trying to empty them. Every tank and every wagon needed at least a little work, mostly flat tires. We took a couple of them to both Duck Clubs that we take care of.

Todays plan is to take my tractor to their deer camp and clean up. The deer woods go with the farm lease that they lost and there is a trailer or two, a couple of large smokers, a disc and maybe some more stuff that they want to reclaim. We've had some good times in those woods and at least a couple of B&C bucks have come from there and quite a few 140's and 150's. Hated to see them loose that lease!

Prayers offered for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky and yes, it looks rainy again today. We seem to just get small showers that don't add much rain. Yesterday as I got the lawn tractor out of the garage to mow the yard....it started raining. I continued on and mowed the yard anyway. Looks ok to me.

Dean seems to be having the same problems I had last month with farm machinery. Those cutters run at High RPM and they fly apart violently...and expensively. I am going to try to find a spare one if I can before next year.
One of my cows had a calf born DOA yesterday....poor thing is still there with it. There was a row of Black Buzzards sitting on every fence post up there....until one of them fell off. Aggressive varmints, they don't wait till the calf dies.

Every time I turn on my phone, I get this pop up add from Midway USA.

Almost Everything....but Primers, Powder, and Bullets....it will return at much higher prices.

Has anyone seen what is going on in South Africa? I doubt it cause the news channels won't show it. It seems the natives have been taking lessons from the USA natives and are looting on an unprecedented scale.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Dean sent some photos of torn up Swathers.

Dean in that bottom photo is that Cast Housing Cracked or is that a grease line??? Thise cost $800 for my cutter and they are a lit smaller.
Also those bolts look like 12mm and mine are only 8mm. Vermeer changed them to 10 mm in the new models but they still blow up.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
JR if your a RIOTER is OK to Throw Molotov cocktails,
Vandalize store fronts, enter the premises and steal
anything you want, and you might just throw in an
occasional assault or maybe even a murder.
Burning POLICE cars is OK also. All this gets a
pass from LIBERAL governments because rioters
are just relieving their frustrations
If a NORMAL citizen commits any of the above acts, it's a CRIME.
You go directly to JAIL, do not pass go and do not collect $200.00
LDS

·
Registered
591 Posts
Good Morning from the 🌞 E side of the Chesapeake . Little warm coming in at 81 now with a high in the low 90's . JR send that rain this way . While we get a lot of rain 🌧 its disappears quick with this sandy soil . U folks have a good day.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Morning all, 76 headed to 85, supposed to be sunny and hot the next 3 days. Rained 5 times yesterday, hard as heck for about 2-3 minutes, then stops. I finally got all the reloading stuff I bought out of the truck and into the shop, now to go thru it all. Found a mint condition box of 38/40, about 50 years old, the old yellow box, Red W stuff. I have a ton of .38 sp brass if anyone needs some. On another note, If any of you have any 30/40 Krag brass laying around, or factory ammo, I would be happy to purchase it from you. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The truth finally came out. I called out JR for lying to us all these years in his “heavy bullet” post. He should be ashamed of himself. (And I didn’t even mention having a pretty slave like JB).

I guess I‘ll load up a JD lawn mower and head to town this AM. Probably something all you guys could fix (leaking out all the gas between mowings and leak in hydraulic fluid). I wasn’t blessed with mechanical skills….
Probably need to go by domino parlor and hang out while work on my mower.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Dean sent some photos of torn up Swathers.

JR. thanks for putting up my pics. The housing isn't cracked and the bolts are all half inch, the price is about the same as yours, but for re-cond. parts. Over a grand for the complete
gear box and the little drive shafts (three of those). Might as well replace them while it's all apart!!

View attachment 27099

View attachment 27100

View attachment 27101

Dean in that bottom photo is that Cast Housing Cracked or is that a grease line??? Thise cost $800 for my cutter and they are a lit smaller.
Also those bolts look like 12mm and mine are only 8mm. Vermeer changed them to 10 mm in the new models but they still blow up.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
An again late top o the morn to one and all. We were out late painting the town red then upon return, cantaloupe slices and wind down time resulted in a very late turn in.
Much warmer, occasional breeze, so still enjoyable on the patio.
The WHITE fridge* finally arrived Mon with loading Tues AM. Dinah was grousing, didn't like the shelf layout or much else about it. BUT...... it is WHITE - a must have. Oh well. For a ton + of single$, we WILL get used to it. She has to balance out its interior against the aesthetic pleasure of the exterior whiteness. *Ordered last Sep. The fashion, matching beat goes on.....
We had 2 rains slide through yday. Another 1/4" to go w the 4-5"from the previous 6 days. Beans are gang busters and the corn is 6' tall most places and tassled out.
I got the hydraulic line replaced but air is apparent in the system. YouTube said it would work out. I put a goodly batch of cycles through it, loader and drawbar, to no avail....suggestions? Dean, I think you need Skruske and Shane on site for a week. That may help get you back out from under your backlog.
Tom out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts