Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
60° here in Upstate NY this morning, it foggy out and we had a shower overnight. The high for today will be up to about 71° and it will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers once again. I looked over across the valley yesterday and you can see the smoke in the sky from the fires out west.

Busy day yesterday being on the road for a good share of it. I sent out the notice for our Membership Appreciation Day via email for members who have it as I had snail mailed the ones who don't have it Monday. Today I had a package coming USPS I hope, it was to be here yesterday but is arriving late, of course it could be tomorrow, who knows. Since Dejoy has been in charge the service has really gotten bad.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Mornin George and the gang...
62 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
This is the last week of 4 10s, going to miss my long weekends.
Supposed to be hot today they say, upper 80s.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 68, cloudy and 86 for the high. Yesterday was a busy day, I have most of the house cleaned. Then working out how to sell the RV and truck, plus making and expensive grocery run. TP, peanut butter and bread was 80.00.bucks.
Several more issues to deal with this morning. And I need to get back to the range with the M14 and it's loose scope mount issues.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Good morning gang, it's a cool 59 here this morning and another 80's day for after while. I got Glade duty today, I sure hope it's quiet there today. That's about it from here you all have a good one.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
morning all. 54 with mid 80s and possible rain this afternoon. Warmest morning this year!
Sprinkler work most of the day yesterday, didn't bale, hay was still too green (wet) and probably won't today.
Stacking crew had issues with on of the NH loaders, bolts that hold the wheel rim to the center dish came loose and wollowed out the holes.
May be fun getting it back to the shop and fixed, probably new rim and dish!
Damswather is broke again also, not sure just what is going on there, operator error or just worn out! But something is not right.
Happy Hump Day to you all, make it a good one. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
12,493 Posts
Good morning folks and happy HUMP DAY Mikey!

It's 69 at the moment, headed to 90 with a chance of rain later. Been really dark and hazy here the past few days, probably from the fires in Canada and such. I've been stuck inside so haven't paid much attention. Worked at the shop last night for a bit, came home and ate. Didn't do much else. No baby yet. Miss Lillie was a little home sick so my mom took her back down to her mommy yesterday. I think there's going to be some drama when the baby comes. Someone will be jealous!

Well I better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
27 Posts
A humid 63 but pleasant, heading to 88.
Need to mow but I hate damp grass. The dew has not went away until after noon, even with a breeze. Guys with hay down have had to turn windrows at noon and hope for the best. Neighbor said he has had a mess trying to get it dry with the humidity and little sun. Lived in Kansas all my life, fog in the middle of July is unheard of. Let the dog out about 0400 and you would think we lived on the coast with the fog.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Rain went through late yesterday afternoon and cool air followed that. It’s 62 degrees as I sit here typing. we thought we’d take a ride to the top of the Thumb today. That’s always a pleasant ride with stops on the beach along the way. We’ll see. As they used to say on the tellie. Film at Eleven.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Great morning folks,

Mostly clear with 61° now and 90° coming later here in the wiles of Wyoming.

I will be unloading the RZR today. It needs some maintenance & with some luck that is all. If it needs more attention I will be contacting the expert next to the damncow farm. He has broken bent and busted more stuff on these than anyone I know.

Now for some pics from the adventure in Montana.

Corey hit a prairie dog with a 40gr vmax and as it the usual, the target flew into pieces. One arm flew about 15 yards and tangled into a fence.

We found an opportunity for a selfie on Castle Rock.

Lots of ‘collectibles’ laying out on the prairie

Here is the Forest Service cabin we parked next to. As Rick said it provided suitable accommodations.

I got to do some choosing too. Nasika J modelin 223AI & Leupold 6-20x40 glass. It does make a mess of squishy targets.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 72º and Sunny here headed for the upper 80's.

My running buddy got busy on some personal projects yesterday and I was on my own. I have one of those air curtain fans mounted over my back door for that had gone out. The mosquitoes are pretty bad around here. After calling a few different people to replace it for me I gave up and just did it. Probably didn't need to be up on the ladder but........
I also got the floor in my loading room cleaned up. The oldest Granddaughter spent the day in the kitchen. with the Wife. They made Blueberry Muffins, Yeast Rolls and Cinnamon Rolls. The Wife watched but the Granddaughter did everything. Go Girl.............

Not sure what today holds yet. If we don't Duck Farm I'll get the stuff that was on the loading room floor stored away in the storeroom.

Special prayers offered for Charlies family and the new baby. Also for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Good morning folks and happy HUMP DAY Mikey!

Miss Lillie was a little home sick so my mom took her back down to her mommy yesterday. I think there's going to be some drama when the baby comes. Someone will be jealous!

Well I better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie
Son and family went to see oldest daughter at college. They got to meet the boy she is going with. Son asked little redhead what she thought of him on the way home. She informed eneryone she didn’t like him and he wasn’t invited to her birthday party….LOL
Off to the eye dr today for one month appt since cataract surgery. Received word yesterday that wifey’s close friend in Columbia, MO passed away. No word on services yet, but she and another friend planning to go.
It’a a beautiful day here today. Very unusual weather this year for July. It’s been wet (for us) and unusually cool. Normal is NO rain and 100 plus everyday. I love it.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Morning all, 72 headed to 90 today, another hot and humid with 93% humidity as I type this. Got several boxes packaged up to mail off today, will do that after while. My Tundra did not want to shift into high gear so I came back home, and discovered a gasket leak around the transmission pan. Could not find a dipstick, then when going thru the owners manual, I found out it did not have one. Has a drain plug, and a fluid check plug, you loosen it and if fluid runs out you are good to go. Stupidest thing I have ever heard off, definitely don't like that. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
I think that fluid level plug up near the top is pretty much the normal thing now. So now you need to see a mechanic or crawl under to check for transmission fluid level.
And Bruce, tell your daughter to dump that good for nothing college guy. I mean, Little Red has been right on in everything so far. You got to love that little one.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
GM from Otis's house and the fog has finally burned off.
Cats are fed and Cows are out here in the Shade making an Awful Mess. Otis likes to lay under the trees, but hes already bailed out.

Sam, if you can find a way to get Fluid in that Tota Transmission, put some Lucas TransMedic in there also. It is a Miracle Drug.
JB has left me on my own For a few days and so far I have managed to Survive. Radnack Messican restaurant may be a possible stop today.
Bruce, try that JB Weld on the tank and if it don't work, I think I can find one here. Also. Trust the Little Readheads judgement on Boyfriends...kids can see stuff we miss.

I see Francisco agrees with me on the little Redhead. Skruske, did you take Lilly the Foo Foo dog to Montana??? Gotta be her. Nice looking camp fellas

·
Administrator
1,853 Posts
Sam that is the way most everything is anymore, but my old John Deere tractors were that way. Had a plug in the side of the engine block. Loosen the plug if oil ran out you were good to go, if not add a little. My last Chevy truck didn't have a dip stick, ashamed to say but I don't know if the one I have now has one or not, but it only has 16,000+ miles on it and is an 2018 model.
72* and sunny on the way to upper 80's and humid here in the northern Ozarks, going to be a miserable day for us around here. Of course I am still recuperating from my surgery, so don't get outside very much. Still don't have much good use of my left leg and foot, Doc says it may take up to a year for the nerves to heal up and get back to as near normal as they will be.
Bruce if you go to Columbia with your wife and you go to Springfield and take 65 north from there you would pass about 6 miles from my house. It is all four lane divided except for about a 55 or 60 mile stretch from Buffalo too Warsaw which isn't too bad except not real good for passing. Probably a better route coming from down south. Of course I really don't know just where you are located, if farther west there is likely better routes like 35 up to KC and then across on 70.
Have a great day and prayers for all you all and God bless America.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's already 80 degrees at 9:45 here, going to 88 and sunny. Only a 2% chance of precip. Plenty of water in the ground, so I'm guessing it'll be pretty steamy.

Went pond fishing for an hour or so late yesterday afternoon and caught two real solid, scrappy bass of about 2 pounds apiece. They thought they were a lot bigger and "stretched my string" real well. Since they looked real healthy and we already had fish in the freezer, those two got turned back. You've got to be careful or it's pretty easy to overfish a small pond, in which case it's sometimes years before you have decent fishing there.

Bruce, I'm a huge believer in both epoxy glue and duct tape, but if that plastic fuel tank has been out in the sun much, I suspect you're right that it's just too brittle to repair. You might well fix the immediate leak, but if that plastic has outlived its days, it's just gonna crack somewhere else soon. I'd try to rob a similar-size tank off something else, then see if you can't rob the proper fittings off the old tank and move 'em to the replacement, if necessary.

Speaking of duct tape and field-expedient repairs, here's a photo of Greyfox's generator in 2006. Notice the nice, shiny fuel tank cap on top.

And here's the same generator from the 2007 Safari. The fix seemed to work just fine and is probably still working. Ha!

Being a patriot and a veteran, the red, white and blue colors in this photo are what caught my eye in today's Hump Day photo.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe repairing that hay equipment, and remember to lift up prayers for our friends here, as well as for our country.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Red, white n blue.......sure they did Mike, just like they did me. Uh huh.
Dinah had a project or two the last several days that needed my attention. This morning was hanging curtain rod holders after putting up Levelor brackets in a 2nd floor window of the detached implement barn. Then my patio time. It wasn't cool at all at 0900. A breeze did pick up occasionally and made it nicer.

Need to start packing up for the Sat wedding up state. Meeting friends for lunch and cards in Nashville, IN tomar then proceeding N.

I need to cut some stakes for the hydranga trees today. Edger needed a plug and a bit of carb fine tuning and it is gtg. Finished that yday as well. Dinah said that if I keep up the good work, I have a decent chance of getting lucky this month. I'm just not so sure that I'm fully recovered from last month..... These younger gals can stretch my string - 😘

Packing meds, hearing aid charger, brux gizzie, Bpap are the must do things for any over night trip. Clothes and toilet article bag are well back in 2nd priority relevance.
Gotta roll, Tom out

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Morning is long gone now and it's nice and warm. I went to the dairy this morning and looked at another defacer that keeps eating a bearing. It looks like the drum and shaft have became unwelded. Shaft is messed up so it will need a new one made for it and get welded in as soon as it gets here.
I got the 9mmAR in the truck hopefully I can pop off some shots with it today. Got more of the stuff bolted on the engine for stand start up.

Mike Greyfox has had a newer generator on the last few trips.
Also since since you posted a pic with red, white and blue I figured I would too....Jr will appreciate this one.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
842 Posts
ShaneG…..gotta love those southern girls. But at my age all I can do is hum “precious memories”.

mrmurl…I traveled that road north of Springfield many times. We owned house and land on Table Rock Lake near Shell Knob, MO for years. My mom lived in KC and used to drive from lake to KC several times a year….of course that was a few years ago starting in 1965. Nice place and a lot of fond memories.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

·
Administrator
1,853 Posts
ShaneG…..gotta love those southern girls. But at my age all I can do is hum “precious memories”.

mrmurl…I traveled that road north of Springfield many times. We owned house and land on Table Rock Lake near Shell Knob, MO for years. My mom lived in KC and used to drive from lake to KC several times a year….of course that was a few years ago starting in 1965. Nice place and a lot of fond memories.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Bruce I am about 6 miles west of the only Stop sign on 65 highway. The intersection of 65 and 54.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts