Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
57° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies once again, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 83°. It will be a nice sunny day after the fog burns off with a mild breeze of about 5mph.

I was on the road all day again yesterday, I finally made it home about 7:00PM. This keeps me young I know but it is getting a little old, I don't care I am going to stay home today and take it easy, try and get caught up on paperwork.

Prayers for all the need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's foggy and 67, 80 later. Humidity is about 180 the way it feels.
Yesterday didn't work out. It had rained during the night combined with high humidity made it too wet to trim bushes with a electric trimmer. The entrance doors need painted, but I found the rear door needs to be replaced.
I did get an idea for firelapping a 22 barrel, more on that in a separate post.
Today the bushes still need trimmed.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 67 going to 80 with scattered showers, of course humid as 7734. Had the 22 on the RTZ but all the blackbirds must have headed further North for cooler temps. Some day we will be complaining about how cold it is! Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
65° at 3:00 AM headed to 99° according to the fire cast. Hot weather is not easing up till Monday. Can’t sleep so what do I do check in to say I can’t sleep. 🙄
Not much planned today. I spent a fair amount of time at the job sites yesterday so I am parking it today. Have a great day gang.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Good morning all. 72 with a t’storm rolling through Indy. Should top out about 82 with rain all day. I’ll be looking out the window. Probably a long intel meeting at the pancake joint.

Drove back to the range at Brazil yesterday. Shot a couple of .45s in their “shoot house” and sold Julie’s 43X MOS to the owner. She also ordered a holster for her dainty-hands Walther. Even trade for the one he made for the 43X. She now admits to being a holster snob. Her’s run into 3 fugures. I’m using a Kermit inspired $15 Walmart rig and thanks are due for that.

Off through the storm to start the day. Keep your powder dry.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
71° with steady rain here this morning. Not much to report here. A friend is bringing me his old Winchester 52B to try out today. It isn’t for sale but we were talking rimfire rifles last week and he said it hasn’t been shot in years so he’s going to let me exercise it a little.
Prayers offered for those in need.
I have no idea where this is but a friend sent it to me yesterday.
Plant Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
morning all. 55 with mid 70s today, and could get a little rain, there was some flooding south of us and also east in the big city.
Worked around the shop yesterday after I got a couple sprinklers fixed and running. Boss man was gone most of the day, checking and doctoring
cows on the summer pasture. Got the A/C charged on my tractor, hope it stays that way.
Didn't even shoot any p-dogs yesterday, better change that today!
Have a Happy Hump Day and be safe. Prayers for those with issues and others along with Bruce.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Good morning and happy HUMP DAY all. Remember BTM!!! That's a group I could stand behind....errr...in front of!!! ✊✊✊
Daytime White Light Sunglasses Brassiere

It's a comfortable 72, headed to 87 today, with sunshine. We got about 10 drops of rain yesterday, could use more. But then again the grass has slowed down and I haven't mowed for a week, so that's not so bad. I worked at the shop last night, then came home and did NOTHING. Ate dinner and relaxed. Felt good. Sue returned from getting Lillie about 9pm and I was pretty much zonked out by then in front of the tube. Watching shark week on Discovery. With all this talk about toofs this week, I thought this was fitting. I think he needs to go see Dr. D.

Head Eye Human body Jaw Snout

Well I need to get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
Mornin boys...
It was 69 here high on RUGER Mt this morning at 4:00...yep, didnt sleep
much at.all last nite. Went to keep about 10 and at 1130 wome up.and didnt even
attemp to go back til 230 then woke up around 4...done my best to go back...
Took off today, hard to run on a couple hours sleep now days...lol
You all have a gooden today.and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. Lots of showers yesterday .74 headed to 87 with possible showers .The hound had a relapse yesterday hopefully today he will improve he was diagnosed with gastritis and possibly pancreatitis.I had just started him back on his regular diet . Back to plan A bland diet chicken and rice. We cancelled the dinner with friends for tomorrow just to much going on to enjoy.
Everyone have a great day I'm going to try to get a little rest woke up pretty much every hour on the hour .
HHH

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 81º here and cloudy headed for the upper 90's and humid.

Yesterday I met my running buddy at my Son's place and disc my Dove fields again, about 20 acres or so. We moved a few things around that were in the way and then brought a 36 ft field cultivator home. He bought it at auction last year and it just didn't work out. Even discing a field 3 times there was just too much grass and weeds that got on the feet and clogged it up. We had a late lunch/early supper at the brewery.

Today I'll take the Wife's Expedition to the shop and have the AC looked at. It quit on me the other day and we're going on vacation next week. My running buddy will meet me there and we'll head back to my Son's place. He had an old 806 Farmall tractor that broke down over there last year and we need to winch it up on a trailer and get it home.

Prayers for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I had a couple fluorescent four foot fixtures in the basement loading room that were slow starting or non starting, depending on their mood. I switched them out with a couple four foot LEDs. Now I’m wondering if they are going to make the powder scale act goofy. Some testing is called for today.
Those are a couple nice pictures posted by Charlie. I’m not sure which I like more. Just kidding; I do like one more than the other……But, which one?

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky and it's a bright sunny day for now. We received 1.3 inches of additional rain yesterday. Much more some other places and flooding.
I actually slept in the BED for about half the night and there was some damwoman in it...maybe I am turning the corner on strep throat.
That damwoman got her hair painted yesterday to go along with Dr D tooth repair. She sure looks different, doncha think?
Forehead Nose Skin Chin Hairstyle

May have to send her back for repairs though.
Judy Brown is watching "Wagon Train" on TV right now....some Indian named Chief North Star has 5 wives and I'm thinking the Indians had it figured out just about correct, till We messed it up.
We had a Bank Robbery in Lexington couple days ago. NI, NO, MG. Last two letters mean "Money Gone" you figure out the rest. But he "DidnDoNuffin" and was gonna donate the money to his Sunday School class till the "PO"lice took it.
Face Glasses Helmet Vision care Sports gear

He is a "litl Angel" from the Cap.
Should I cut hay today? Will it Rain more? That's the question.
Francisco, I Do know you shouldn't mix the Regular Bulbs and the LEDs in the same light fixture and my powder scale used to not like my cell phone close it it. Haven't used it in a year or more.
Be safe today and have a nice day folks.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 75 in Louisville and only going to 88 instead of 98. Thunderstorms off and on all day and the weather service says some folks could get flash flooding.

Didn't do much yesterday. A close friend's wife came by and I loaded her up with maters, lettuce, some fresh basil leaves and pesto. I have some leaf lettuce plants I bought back in early May and they're still putting on new leaves through all the extreme heat we've had. Leaf lettuce usually bolts and quits growing when it gets hot, but this stuff is doing great. Since I bought 'em as plants, I have no idea what variety it is.

We had our monthly Old Quartet meeting last night at Roosters and the camaraderie with old friends was as good as the food. As recently as 18-24 months ago I could get 10 wings, potato wedges, and a tall beer for around $15-$16. Now, that same meal is about $25 before tip. Iced tea at this place is now up to $2.45, which any Southern boy knows is CRAZY!

I don't think this Hump Day photo features our much-loved Rural King Ruger Wrangler, but you won't be looking at the weapon anyway. Check out how this chick's gunbelt is riding those hips. Yeah, baby!

Hair Joint Hand Hairstyle Shoulder

Y'all have a good'n, pray for Mr. Bruce and our other GoGo friends with health issues, and pray for our president to shake the COVID bug. You know why.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
81 and climbing with cloudy skies in the hollow. Depending on which weather app, we might have thunderstorms or nothing. My supervisor is gone for the day to supervise the grandson, so it's me and the westies. So far my only obligation is a visit with the eye Dr this afternoon. Will probably have a vision field done to confirm what I already know, my vision is fading and I can no longer see wind flags with my left eye. Right one is fine. Corrective surgery when I had my cataracts done was supposed to stop the loss, but it hasn't. Guess I should be glad to have what I do.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Morning all, 84 headed to 88 or so today. Wife is hard at it picking green beans. Our garden is really taking off, late corn and beans coming along nicely, getting okra, squash, tomatoes, and cucumbers every day now, been sharing some with neighbors who dont have a garden. Our beans are loaded, but will all be coming in over about 10 days I am afraid, that means a lot of picking, breaking, and canning in a short while. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
@kogersamuel that's why she keeps you around...bean processing.
Judy Brown planted fall beans just before the rain a week or so ago and they are looking real good. I just dusted them with Sevin as the bugs are Out.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
The death count in Detroit went up Four yesterday. One of the poor soul was a transgender woman. Wow, one particular news reader made it sound as though it was the end of the world and it was the grossest travesty that can fall upon us. The other three victims were treated as chopped liver and as though their lives didn’t count.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts