Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
61° Here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies with a few stars showing, the high temperature for today will be up to about 86°. It will be a sunny day with a mild breeze of about 5mph and no rain even though we need it.

Yesterday morning I got to go shoot for a bit in the morning and that was nice. In the afternoon I had to go on a computer call, a customer had forgotten their password and wasn't able to get on it. I took the password off and cleaned it up a little, when I got done, I was given a $15 tip which is always nice. Today I have to be on the road this morning and hopefully I will have the afternoon to myself.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
Aint looked at the temp yet but I'm sure its warmer.that 65 here
high on RUGER Mt this morning. Wome up at 320 and got a tick off my
ankle. It was moving so got up and got rid of it. Tried to go back to sleep
But it ain't working out. We got.all the first.floor conduit run yesterday and will
probably start pulling wire today...maybe. Finishing the trim, plywood and trim around the insides so we dont have to be in the classroom when the kids start.
They will be back the 11th...dont think we'll be anywhere close to finished by then.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 61, rainy and 83 later. A big thunderstorm just passed through. The tom cat is still cowering in the basement.
Yesterday was hot, humid and windy. Not too bad. I spent the day working in the garage finishing some long overdue projects.
Today is lots of meetings.
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday,
Ken

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 65 going to 90 100% humidity now, another soupy day in the Ohio valley. I fired 10 rounds into the backstop yesterday. I was checking the bullet drop with Rem sub-sonic ammo at varying distances. I have a pesky gray squirrel that's gonna get it now! In 70 years of living in this area I've never seen a gray until this guy showed up at the bird feeder. I think Charlie sent him this way! Time for a cup of joe and gitr done. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
morning all. 49 with low 80s and 70% chance of something, somewhere in the valley. Didn't get any moisture yesterday, that's three days
with out rain, starting to start sprinklers on the hay again, getting dry.
Worked on both sets of rakes yesterday, changed out alot of worn teeth and welded up one wheel. Worked on a couple sprinklers and had to
weld on a corral panel that the heifers broke. Stayed busy all day, didn't even get to shoot. Better take time for that today!
Have a happy Hump Day and be safe. Prayers for those with health issues and others too.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 68 and sunny, going to 91 later. Another hot one. Yesterday I worked at the shop after work, then rushed home, ate and went to the Township building. The parking lot was empty. I just checked my emails here this morning and the last email said "August 2nd at 7PM". Obviously something happened, but it would have been nice for them to let me know we weren't having a meeting. :mad: On my way home I stopped and chatted with the neighbor. He said a dam squirrel chewed the wires and that was why we lost phone/internet over the weekend. MRC, I'd send all we've got if I could. After chatting with him a bit I went home and got my fishing rod and went back. He's got a really nice pond, and I figured getting towards dark the bass would slam the buzz baits on the surface. I only managed 2 small bass and 4 other hits in about an hour. The pond gets a LOT of fishing activity, and personally I think the big bass are being fished out. I don't think I've ever caught one over about 14 inches there, and you don't even see them. Oh well, it cooled off nice last night and was a very enjoyable evening anyway.

Well I need to get busy here at work. Prayers offered. Happy HUMP DAY Mikey. No time for pix.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake.Its 79 headed to 90 .No rain last night. Worked on the Marlin house yesterday. Replaced base and a couple of 3/4" columns . I'm painting the inside and out hopefully it will give it some more time. Back at it again this morning as well as yard detail.
Everyone have a great day.
Until we meet again,
HHH.
Photos later

·
Registered
170 Posts
Morning all, 75 headed to 91 today. Had a busy day yesterday, spent 3 hours with the wife having a doc appt, running errands all over town for us and mom. Got home about 1pm, loaded up 60 rounds of 38/55. Then I stripped all the paint off of Elmers stock, took about half an hour, it was orange peeling from the base coat. I just went straight on the stock, and it looked pretty good. Going to do some touch up this afternoon, and a couple of coats of clear coat. Plan on Elmer coming down tonight and I am having him go over his brass with a Forester neck turner, just touch it and basically just shine it up, looking for high spots. We are about ready to start shooting here shortly, I have high expectations for the rifle/scope/ammo combo. You alll have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
Good morning ggvg
Im a magnum blot head away from having a 7mm saum....not sure im looking forward to it lol.U'all have a great day and prayers sent.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 76 in Louisville, going to 92 and sunny. Humidity is a dripping 85% now and will bump the "feels like" to up around 100 today.

Yesterday's big event was singing at a funeral home for an old Thoroughbred Chorus member who died a few days ago. The singing went well and it was good to see old friends that I used to see weekly.

I don't know what will get done today, but the grass needs cutting if/when it dries off enough. The forecast is for a good chance of thunderstorms nearly every day in the next 10. The guessers are calling for nearly 1 1/2" of rain, which means we'll probably get maybe 2 or 3 tenths.

Charlie, since you didn't have time to post a Hump Day photo, I'll post a couple. The first one is a little chickadee checking out your fish pond. Honestly, I didn't know your pond looked that good.
Water Swimsuit top Plant Lingerie top Swimwear

This next one is for you guys who prefer headlights on Hump Day.
Tableware Smile Drinkware Stemware camisoles

A couple of days ago I ordered an indoor security cam that connects wirelessly to my home router and then can be viewed anywhere on my telephone. The thing has motion detection and can be set to record to either a micro-SD card or Cloud storage (with a small fee). The thing even has a microphone and speaker, so if you see an intruder in your home, you could warn them that the police have been called. Or you could ask them to do some of the honey-do's on the list your wife posted to the refrigerator. Sucker is pretty slick and only cost $28.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and pray for our friends here and for our nation.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Good morning from Indy. 74 heading for 92 hereabouts. Been on the run already this morning. Late to bed last night so I slept in a half hour or so this morning. Julie took her 90-something friend, Shirley, to the ER around 8:00 last night and got home at 1:30.

Today is our 31st Anniversary. Julie's working, I'm not. I asked her if she wanted to go out or just fix a meal at home. She chose home so I've already been to the butcher and picked up a couple of nice filets. Hope they come out as good as the ones we had at Bruce's place. I think Justin said they were seared in cast iron then baked low and slow. Been trying that lately but not always with the best pieces of beef and they still were OK. Buddy suggested the air fryer. Might experiment with that later.

Got some more running to do. Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Happy Aniversary ….. I don’t know how she put up with you that long. I’m not for sure Doug, but thinking you have steak cooking backwards. Put in oven first, then cast iron skillet. You might ought to call Justin before you a screw up Julie’s supper….. and remember steaks are supposed to be medium RARE.
Wifey has house keepers today and man coming to replace a window, so I think I’ll hang out with son today. I did get all my 6.5 Creed Lapua brass loaded yesterday evening. My new Amazon chair I got is Great. I’m able to stay hooked in the reloading room for 2-3 hours before having to call it quits. My neck and shoulders don’t give out like a regular stool.
I need to have little redhead come up and load about 50 rounds for her 6.5 TCU (she seems to go they a lot of them). Also I need to check the 260 stash. The Rem model 7 260 I gave her is at Mike Bryant’s getting barrel threaded. He’s been off to Florida … took his wife and grandkids. Looks like from the pics he sent they are having a great time.
TinMan ….. thanks again for the model 7 stock for Josie…. She loves it.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 74º and cloudy here headed for the low 80's with rain moving in about 10:00.

Yesterday we hit the beach early and stayed until it started raining. We rented a battery chair with hi-flotation tires for me to get around on and the lady that delivered it stressed to not get the controls wet. So I headed in a little sooner than the kids did. The scenery was great and I think I saw Kentucky Fisherman's girl on the beach!

We greeted the Sunrise this morning, what there was of it, drinking coffee on the balcony and watching the Dolphins. The sea was too rough to see them yesterday. Todays plan to sit out the rain this morning and hit the beach after it moves out. I think we are going to have blackened fish for supper tonight so one of us will be getting out after while and shopping.

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations to Doug and Julie! :)

Kentucky Fisherman, Thanks for the kind words. That was an interesting read. I try to live my life that way, both when I was working and now in retirement. When I was working I would map out my orders and on a perfect day I would be over half finished and at a place for lunch sometime around noon and then back home at quitting time. But most days were not perfect and pretty often I would get a trouble call on the other side of the County, or on the other side of the next County. Adapt and overcome!

Prayers for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Happy Anniversary to Doug and Julie, and keep them coming. No hard and fast plans for today, but might mow if it doesn't get too hot. Already got the reminder call from my oncologist for tomorrow's appointment. That will be another adventure to hear the biopsy results. About time to go do my PT.

Bruce, glad she likes the youth stock. Enjoy.

Sorry the CZ527 223 Remington deal fell through. The CZ's are nice rifles. Were you interested in any other small 223 rifles? The Sako L461 or A1 are very nice also, but they are a bit older.

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
George C. we are a tolerant bunch but do not allow Blot heads to post. You never know what will come out when they're squeezed. ;)
When Dinah told me the cooking sequence, l too thought it was backwards.
This was mentioned at Sun lunch and it was said, yeah, that's what they say "on all the cooking shows". George, you'd knock a hunnert $$ off your fee to have that meal!!!
It ruint me. Had a small sirloin Sun......meh.
89° and 98% stupidity. I guess l "win" Fish. A hollow victory. Breezes to 7mph though.
Hump Day Words of Wisdom:

Never approach a bull from the front.
A horse from the rear.
A fool from any direction . . .

Tom out

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I can't follow That.^^^. But. Happy Anniversary to Doug and Julie and I think you should go OUT tonight, I don't trust you to cook.
You know who is Next on the Anniversary thing??

Have a good day folks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts