Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
63° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies, the high for today will be getting up to about 77°. It will be windy somewhat today with gusts up to 28 mph with a 60% chance for severe thunderstrorms.

Well I was on the road all day yesterday, it was a busy day, but it was a nice day also. I have to be back on the road today for a time but I also have work to do here at home. I enjoy being busy as long as I am not overwhelmed, if I don't have things to do I tend to get bored.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
13,433 Posts
Mornin George and the gang...
64 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
They called out game.off this weekend but they
called a couple more schools off and we ended up
getting a game with 1 of the ones that was still able to play.
It's 1 of our longest distance games we play but we've went to them
twice imma row so they are coming here. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 54 to 72 and no rain today. Yesterday was a work day for writing and other chores.
This morning I need swing by the lawyer office and get to the range. Back to writing for the afternoon.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 65 going to 77 with rain passing couple of hours ago. Not much happening here, just trying to move things around to get the carpet out of one room. I look like a one armed paper hanger moving things by myself but I'll git r done. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
64° here with a little drizzle and they say the humidity is dropping even further today. My wife and I just got back from celebrating our 35th anniversary with an extended road trip. for decades she has wanted to visit Mt Rushmore so we decided that’s where we were going. Along the way, we stopped by a few places that I’ve heard guys talk about here on the board. On the way back, we visited Rocky Mountain National Park and drove through Kansas but missed JR by a few days. Colorado was beautiful and I already want to go back.
We beat the rain home so I was able to get the grass mowed here and at Mom’s yesterday. A fallen tree needs to be cut up and I think I am fishing with my son when he gets off work today.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Good morning. It’s 67 in Indy heading for 78. Got some rain overnight. I have another appointment with the eye surgeon this morning. My insurance must be pretty good. This process is taking too long.

Step 1 of the day, feeding pups, is complete. Julie’s off to work so I’m next up. Heading for the pancake joint. Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
morning all. 48 with mid to upper 80s and smoky.
Was smoky and windy and hot yesterday, September is not usually this warm!!!
Was back home by 10 am yesterday after a trip to town, dentist, and NH parts store.
Worked on one of the loaders yesterday then moved a sprinkler so the hay/weeds can be cut in a couple days.
Have to change a flat tire on a different sprinkler today, out in the middle of head high oats, wet and muddy!!
Have another shot gun to try to fix, not sure just what is wrong with it except the bossmans' damgrandson took it apart!!!!
It's a Tri star brand, like a cheap semi-auto. Think he lost some parts to help things out.
Breakfast is waiting. Happy Hump Day. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
12,656 Posts
Morning folks. And Happy HUMP Day Mike. It's monday for me, so no pics. LOL We made it home yesterday without incident, then I went to work at the gun shop. After that a township meeting took the rest of my night. I'm tired this morning, didn't sleep well again, and really don't want to be back at work. Oh well...gotta make the donuts. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Great morning folks,

58° with a high of 73° by mid afternoon here near HalfwayUSA. The clear sky for today is a welcome sight after darkness set in about 3pm yesterday. a nasty storm front moved through & cause a bit of damage in the area. Only heavy wind & rain here. Good news of it though, a large broken tree limb that was hanging too high to reach is now on the ground. It will get added to the wood shed after I introduce it to the chainsaw.

Other good news from yesterday the old truck camper sold about 15hrs after Deb listed it on facebook. We had 9 people message with an "I want it". Deb was taking appointments from folks as far away as Erie PA & Bradford Maine. The first people to contact & show up did not hesitate and paid asking price with a cashier's check in hand. I do have to deliver it about 100 miles away. They have a 1 ton GM truck on order with no firm manufacture date. DD is glad to see it going to someone else quickly.

So this morning's task is to unload the Northern Lite camper & load up the Bigfoot for our last trip with it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A cool 55 here this AM. Let the girl out last night about 10 and the wind had switched and was coming out of the north. Pleasant day I hope.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Morning everyone!

Its 64º and cloudy here headed for the upper 80's. It looks like the weather will be like this all week.

We spent the biggest part of yesterday watering the Doctor's food plots. We did manage to make it over to Little Rock to have a late lunch at our favorite brewery.

Today will mostly be the same thing, watering. The Bayou that furnishes our water is getting low and this is the first year that we can see the bottom of the main drainage ditch.

Congratulations to Carl and his Bride on their anniversary.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Hello today from the sticks of Kentucky where rain showers are a possibility with a front coming thru.
WE got 40 rolls of hay balled up yesterday with the only problem the tractor was stuck in a Too Low gear for most of it. JUDY BROWN pulled me out of the hole again. She raked most of the hay ir I would not have got done.
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Tractor

She also made a trip to the farm Equipment store and brought home a new slip clutch and PTO shaft for $150. $300 part if I went, so I guess a Hug and smoouze the old man save me money. Sending her all the time!!

Still having some neck issues and didn't sleep much last night. Funeral home visit at 10 AM then back to hayfields.
Got to cut more down.

Congratulations to Skruske on selling the camper too cheap. Made a quick sale. Carl P. I'm glad you had a safe trip and I hope you Missed the Corn Palace somewhere in Iowa.

Bruce is a cool dude in those New suspenders. He's got Knives and Guns hanging all over him. And one in every pocket.
Carry on.

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Good morning everyone.....68° here and look like the high will be up around 77°. Done a bunch of running yesterday picking up steel and looking at stuff at the dairy.
They called and wanted me to hang the weight on the tractor last night when they stopped chopping silage. Got there about 5:30 and got home about 11.
Counterweight from a Hitachi excavator weighing in at 18000lbs. Final weight was 74,700lbs when we got finished and it rolled over the scales....he says he might fill all the tires with water next.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

You can see my little Dodge 3500 sitting on the far side of it just for some size comparison. The tractor also has about a 14ft blade on the front end as well for pushing the silage up the pile.
They also had a silage truck back into another tractor and smashed the hood at a cost of $12k and then took out a couple of coolers.
Back to working in the shop today hopefully it stays that way.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
. Carl P. I'm glad you had a safe trip and I hope you Missed the Corn Palace somewhere in Iowa.
We hit a few tourist traps but had fun doing it. We knew what to expect. On the way to the Corn Palace, we stopped in a “Runnings” store. I had never heard of them but I wish we had one around here. Lots of good hardware, farm supplies, firearms, and even a decent supply of ammo.
Plant Sky Cloud Building Window
Green Product Sleeve Yellow T-shirt

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 68 in Louisville, going to 82 and raining.

Short note this morning because I have to go have a health screening that's tied to my health insurance.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for those with needs here on GoGo as well as for our nation.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Rounds were made yesterday at town and on to the domino parlor. Closed them down got a milk shake and went home. Get home and there lays the church deposit for the bank, Completely forgot it. It’ll wait for a few days. Think son is shipping calves today, so guess I’ll go see if I can get in the way. He leaves Saturday for New Mexico (Chama area) to set up elk camp. One of the ranchers we antelope hunt on called and had 3 bull elk tags and 3 (I think) cow elk tags, They are ranch only tags and only good on his ranch. 3,000 acres north of capulon mountain close to Colorado line. He will probably stop and look at that ranch. He doesn’t want to take clients in there until he looks the place over to see how good it is. If he takes it this year, probably be family time hunt/camping trip. Twin grandsons said they were in if he decides to take it.

JR….I’m glad JB is keeping you busy and out-of-trouble. I’m gonna quick looking for you a Messican girl. You couldn’t do any better.
Carl….you should have come on by here….I’m used to taking in homeless people. I’ve even heard Dean takes one in now and then.

I think I’ll go to Home Depot tomorrow and go shopping….😱..I’ve tried Walmart and didn’t care for it too much,
Leg Publication News Font Happy

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good Morning from the 🌞 E side of the Chesapeake. 74 now hight of 87. Charlie glad u had a safe trip. Did a little scouting yesterday evening for some more birds saw a few nothing to exciting.
Today's plan is to pull out the disc sander find my recoil pad jig and grind a recoil pad for this little B Nellie. The Length of pull is about 1/2" longer than I like . I never realized Benelli screw holes were 3 -11/16" . Will I found a old 1/2" kickeez pad that I've never used . I scribed the lines drilled new holes she's ready to start grinding .
Waiting on the doctors to call me back they are lining up surgery yep for me . They told me they were 2 weeks out that was a week ago . It does have me a little concerned a few years ago I had to have my plumbing rerouted damn old rectal cancer . Well I keep getting hernia's and they are a little painful . We have operated 2 times in 3 years for repairs. The repairs aren't working . The doctor told me this time we are yanking 2-3' of colon and relocating a few things . In other words my wife says I'm full of _ _ _ _ . Everyone have a great day and be safe .

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Morning all, 73 heading to 81 today. Busy, busy day yesterday, computer was not working well and did not have time to fool with it. Got a newbie to casting bullets into it yesterday, I think he is hooked. Shot several rifles yesterday, and my Husqvarna .50 was one of the most accurate I shot. The top dog was my Winchester 38/55, with peep sights was shooting a cloverleaf at 100yd. That rifle will be going hunting this year. Lined up a Christianson Arms 6.5 Creedmoor for a friend, shot a ragged hole for 3shots at 100 yds. The rifle had a lot more recoil than expected, even with a brake on it. You all have a good one, prayers for everyone with medical issues, Buff out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts