Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
57° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high for today is to get up to about 73°. They say it should be nice for the next few days and I hope it is.

It rained quite a bit yesterday but not as much as they originally called for. It didn't matter to me as I was on the road most of the day. I got new hats for the club ordered and I also checked on the club patches which should be here next week.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Good morning all. 59 heading for 83 in Indy. Gonna’ hit the range to shoot a couple of rimfires that might make the SD trip this morning. 96/22M converted to .17 HMR and a 10/22M. Haven’t shot either one for quite a while. Should be a fun day.

Have a good’n.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Good Morning

Morning George and others to follow. 58 this morning with three sunny days in the forecast. Meeting a friend for breakfast and then continued work in the garden and of course grass mowing in there too. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Administrator
11,776 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 64º and foggy as heck up here but it's going to be a beautiful day! We had just enough rain yesterday that the ole widow neighbor's yard didn't dry up, so I couldn't mow. And it POURED last night for about 10-15 minutes, so I won't get it mowed until Friday or Sunday. Mine won't get it this week again either I guess.

But, who cares? It's HUMP day and I've got big plans for today.

In at work early, and leaving at 10. It's graduation week at the Naval Academy and the Blue Angels are doing an air show this afternoon. We're taking the boat down to watch from the water. Throwing a few rods and tackle in, just in case. ;) Picking up Larry in Wyo's mom and dad, since they live right there. Should be a good time for all.:)

Well, I gotta get some work done before I go. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Mornin boys...
64 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Got some rain yesterday and they say more for the rest of the week.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great morning folks,

50° with some ground fog & heavy dew here near Halfway USA. High for the next 6 days should be in the mid 80's.

The trip home was mostly uneventful except for that part in Ohio where "merge" is completely misunderstood concept. :rolleyes: As always thanks to Miss Judy & the damncow farmer for their hospitality. He didn't even save back anything for me to work on. ;)

It was no surprise grass at the Halfway House was looking like a pasture. It was slower going but I got about 1/2 cut by dark. It'll be a couple hours before I'll start the mower to finish that task.

De-sakin' & De-packin' after BBB, the trades & Florida will continue today. Certainly more chores to cover as well.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
morning all. 42 to start the day off, 72 for the high with 30mph breezes.
Sprinkler work all day yesterday and by the end of the day nothing was running that I worked on. Will try again today.
Had to weld up a cracked pipe that had froze and broke on one sprinkler. Sure wish Shane lived closer. About a 8inch split, half inch wide. Got it hammered back close enough to fill the gap with weld. Only one tiny pin hole leaked when I finally got done. All over head work, about seven feet off the gound! Not my best welding job but it worked.
Better run along, have a Happy Hump Day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo. It's 65 in Louisville, going to 85. Had a pretty hard thundershower yesterday morning, but dry the rest of the day. Should be dry the next few days, before thunderstorms resume this weekend.

Louisville weather doesn't matter to me for the next week, because I'll be in South Dakota teaching the late spring semester of Carpman's Prairie Dog Pup Flight School. I've got plenty of ammo, but I'm a little light on Hardees biscuit coupons. I guess if that's my biggest problem I'm in pretty good shape. I'm already wearing several years' worth of biscuits around my waist. :)

Please put the Greyfox and me on your prayer list for safe travel and a safe shoot.

Carpman, northbound and down

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Good morning from Ely Nevada. It's a damp 43 degrees. We spent yesterday driving from Provo to Ely on US 50, 250 miles of total nothing. We would meet a car once every 3/4 miles. Nothing lives here but the desert.
Today is on to California. It would be nice to make it to Auburn tonight.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,

Ken

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Good morning everyone....at the shop for a few doing some cleanup from having to stay late to get all the last minute stuff done before we leave for Utah tomorrow morning. One of those jobs was one I tried to get out of and told the guy I probably wouldn't have time to get to it....well he was a pian in the ass and I was here until 9 last night because he just had to have it.....same thing happened a while back when he whined about how bad he needed a fuel tank welded....I stayed until almost 11 that night then he let it set here for a week and a half.:mad:

Anyhoo…..Dean them frozen pipes can bust out pretty good...had to fix a pipe once on a roof when we had Red Gold plant...about a 6 inch pipe with a 3x10 section blew out it....sucked something terrible....ice on roof,water still running through pipe and flat ass cold out.

Mikey...drive safe and bust some dogs in SD!

Guess I'll get back to shop cleaning for a few then I got to help my dad cut a few branches off a pine tree so he can mow under it.

You all have a good day!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Good mornin all, 62* here. On and off showers the past several days, but looks like some nicer weather moving in. Have a Blessed Day

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Good travels and good luck to those blasting off for PD Safari 2018. Hope to see a few pictures and hear a few stories in the weeks to come.

Beautiful day here in the Northern Bluegrass. High of 80 with low humidity. Unclogging a shower drain and heading to a dentist appointment are on the agenda today. Depending on how that goes, some trees might get trimmed and brass might get filled with powder and lead.

Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Near 70º and sunny in the hollow. We have had over 5" of rain in the past three days and all of it in a total of about an hour and a half. Washed out ruts in the gravel drive and flotsam/jetsam all over the street. Wish you guys out west had some of this. I'm more than half packed with most of the rest just odds and ends that I'm likely to overlook if I don't keep a list. Doubt I'll forget the rifles and the food as that's the big stuff still to go. Will try and catch up on the backed up paperwork and get to packin' & sackin'. Which reminds me, got a call from VolDoc this morning. He sounded great and says he is feeling the itch to go west again.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts