Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
61° here in Upstate NY this morning and a fine one it is. We aren't supposed to get any rain for today with a high temperature of 78°. It was hot yesterday with the high temperature of 86° and I was on the road all day. Today will be another busy day along with the rest of the week it looks.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Good Morning

Morning George and others to follow. Starting the day at 74 with rain in the forecast. No rain yet, from Alberto and what's been on the news I would prefer not to get any of it. Well hope everyone has a safe day. Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Mornin boys...
68 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
They are giving rain through most of next week.
Got a lot of stuff we need to do at work outside.
We're getting behind but theres also lots of stuff
inside and they just keep adding on...don't see how
we'll get it done this summer.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Great morning all,

Hazy clouds with 64° with a high expected in the mid 80's later here near Halfway USA. Yesterday was hot & muggy for much of the day then about 5pm the wind switched and blew in from the north. The temp dropped to around 78° and the humidity let up. Ended up with a real nice afternoon and evening.

I walked back & forth & round & round the planner making boards for the shooting bench. You'd think Spruce & Black Willow would be easy but it still took several hours to shave away enough for this job. I'm ready to cut & fit & glue up what will work out to be a 20"x42" top. It will be light & sturdy enough for the task at hand.

I think DD & I are going to try out the kayaks on a lazy river south of here.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Good morning from Gustin California. 71 degrees now. This is just an over night stop on the way to Ventura. It was 97 degrees all day yesterday so we got a campground rather than a a Walmart parking lot.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Good morning. Any word from the boys in South Dakota ? I guess what happens on the prairie, stays on the prairie.

75 here and only heading to 82 today. Quite a change from the last few days which have been muggy and in the upper 80’s.

Most of our local news around here comes from Cincinnati. All three television network affiliates had special reports last night about what a huge deal it is that the city is getting a major league soccer team. I don’t get it. Maybe I’m just turning into a grouchy old man. Oh well. I have much more important things to be concerned with, like how I’m gonna find time to cut all of these trees down that I want to get rid of and when I’m going to unload all of that ammo I have loaded up.
Safe travels to Shane out in the Wild Wild West and all others on the road.

Try to make it a good day

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
morning all. 47 here this morning, could get windy this afternoon.
Got another sprinkler serviced yesterday, then finished up the one from Monday that the wind chased me off of. Had another that broke down, got a new drive line on it and is up and running.
All that took up most of yesterday but did whack another coyote along the way.:D Not many p-dogs around this year so the coyotes have to take up the slack. :rolleyes:
Better get, breakfast is about ready.
Have a Happy Hump Day and be safe what ever you are up to.
Kinda quiet from the p-dogers, hope they aren't under attack! If all those little fur balls came at once a guy might be in trouble. :eek:
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,784 Posts
good morning and happy HUMP day Mikey, wherever you are?;):D It's a humid 69º here already, headed to the 80's with a chance of showers later. I worked a bit late yesterday and didn't get my yard mowed. I hope to get to it today after work, otherwise, it looks like we're going to have rain the next several days. Alberto is on the way, thrown into an already unstable pattern, this could be bad. Don't even have all my garden in yet. Need to get more tomatoes and cabbage in the ground. I planted a few beans but it's been too wet, only about 20% of them grew. Pumpkins I set out rotted already. Turnips, squash and cabbage are going crazy though, along with the WEEDS. I can't keep up. Need to roto-till again.

Well, I guess I should get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Good Morning from the sticks of Kentucky.
We have alternating clouds and bright sunshine so far today, with an 80 cent chance of rain. That messican storm is mostly to our northwest up where #2 son lives near Louisville.
I still have a small amount of hay on the ground to roll up after while, the sprinkles of rain stopped me yesterday afternoon but just sprinkles.

Not to sound like Dean, but SOS just no sprinklers to work on....hay equipment to service and Damcows to check on. I have too many Damcows....who wants 20 in their yard? I can have them there before dark. Skruske is the likely target, I hope he is at the farm store buying electric fence supplies cause he is going to need it.

Judy Brown finally got rid of her Chevy Cruz with near 200,000 miles on if. I was never so glad to see. A car leave....5 water pumps. Our mechanic is happy it's gone also. A 2018 Toyota RAV 4 sits in the driveway....right next to my 97 Suzuki/Geo clone.

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Good morning all.....made it out to the Grand Canyon yesterday. We went to the North Rim and walked out to one of the scenic lookouts....wel my daughter made it half way and put down roots on a rock and said she had went far enough....heights freak her out for some reason....i was surprised she made it as far as she did.

Not much planned today except for later today we have an ATV tour out in some sand dunes and going to Slot canyon.
You all have a good day!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
JR, you will think you died and went to heaven with the new RAV 4. My wife, a Kentucky woman, has 170K on her 2010...no dust settles on that Grandma...or her ride...too fast.

Best.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Good morning from Ventura California. Really tired from two days of I 5. Slept in this morning.
Tom cat feels the same.
Sight seeing with wifes friends today
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

1 - 12 of 12 Posts