Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
57° here in Upstate NY this morning, looks as if we are going to get some rain today. The high temperature for today is to be up around 73°.

It was a beautiful day yesterday but I was on the road a lot of the day. Hopefully today I will be able to get some things done around here.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Good Morning

Morning George and others to follow. Weather has been cloudy and continues today with a chance of rain. After two days of early Dr appointments it's nice to sit back and enjoy a cup of joe. Hope to get more accomplished today if Old Arthur will let me. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Mostly overcast with a humid 67° here near Halfway USA. High today expected to reach the upper 70's with some clearing & sunshine later. Rain & thunderstorms in the U.P. eh, will move farther northeast.

We are prep'ing Debra Dearest's Girly Jeep to sell. I'm pretty sure she's going to be driving home a 2017 Ford Edge today. The dealer doesn't quite know yet, but they are going to come down more on their price to move it off their lot. It sure is easy these days to do your homework on the internet. Search tools like Autotrader.com and Cargurus.com make it easy to find vehicles with the exact options you want within a specified distance. Price, mileage & condition are part of the search criteria. The dealers know most folks use the internet to research so they have become pretty competitive. Works two ways too. The dealers know exactly what their competition can do to beat them.

The shed didn't get power washed yesterday. Doug Roberts had some influence in that choice. :D It'll probably get done this morning.

I may get to the range this afternoon.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
morning all. 50 here with mid to upper 80s this afternoon. Very slight chance of a little moisture between tomorrow and Sunday, bet the wind blows!
In and out of the shop yesterday, some sprinkler work but got the big hay swather ready to whack hay. Two more swathers to go.
But have to be in town before 10:00 to get rid of a pint of blood and some banking business to take care of, and get some parts too.
Took time to whack a couple p-dog pups, seems early for them to be out but I guess time is flying by! :eek:
Have a Happy Hump Day and be safe out there.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo. It's 70 in Louisville, going to 87 today. Partly cloudy, but it looks like little or no rain for a change.

Miss Cindy has four sunflowers in a clump out by the street this year. Last year we had one plant and there was one stretch of a few weeks when it had 25-30 flowers open at the same time. With four plants this year, we should have enough sunflowers to share with just about everyone. I'm a little surprised the storm winds we've been having didn't snap off at least one of the plants, but the stalks on this particular strain are pretty stout.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Administrator
11,784 Posts

good morning, and happy HUMP day. It's about 67º here with, you guessed it, RAIN. Been off and on thru the night. Supposed to get mean T-storms with wind and hail later today. Great.:rolleyes: Guess I won't get to work on the boat after work tonight. Didn't get anything done last evening either. We went out to dinner with some friends.

Well, I guess I better get to work. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
977 Posts
Looks like its going to be another hot and
HUMID day in western Ky. Got a flash flood
yesterday afternoon. Washed out
the roadside ditch that I have filled w/dirt
and seeded twice. I have put straw bales
at the driveway culvert to slow the flow, and
top dressed the ditch line w/staw, but it still
washes.
Anyone have any experience w/the landscape
netting in controlling erosion??? LDS

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Morning

Good morning all. It's a cloudy 71 in Indy heading for uppah 80s with a possibility of rain. Struggled through breakfast already and I'm eyeballing the pressure washer. I discovered those things are designed for shorter people. Unfortunately, that shorter person went to work this morning. The handle/nozzle/pipe thingy is too short for me to use on the deck standing upright. Maybe I need to raise the deck! Sorry, Scott. Gotta' be done.

Shorter person went shooting with the dangerous women club last night. The range closed at 9:00 and they were still in the parking lot talking girly gun stuff when she called at 10:30. I told her that was great, we can use the eggs.

Gotta' get after it, whatever it is. Have a good'n.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Mornin boys...
It was mid 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning
Still no stone yet
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Doug, check Ebay & Amazon to see if the brand you have offers an extension. Usually they just twist onto the handle.

Otherwise, let me know if you need help raising the deck. :D I've done it before. Lowered them too.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Mid 70's and cloudy in the hollow with a chance of thunderstorms today. Rain started last night about 10:00 and I have no idea when it quit as I went to sleep with it still falling. Nothing special about today, just some small orders to ship and the usual business related stuff. Will probably do some work with my wife on her landscaped fish pond and waterfall. We replaced the liber on Sunday and rocks need replacing.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts