Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
37° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high today will only be up to about 42°. No rain in the forecast though, it is to be a decent day.

We got some rain showers yesterday but other than that it was very nice. I was on the road most of the day though so I didn't really get to enjoy it that much. Today I hope will be a quieter day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas, 70 and clear, high is 91. We were forced to turn on the ac yesterday, feels like it should be on right now.
Men's group at noon other than that nothing on the schedule.
Dr went well yesterday, we survived the traffic, wife had to have an MRI.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Great morning everyone,

35°, cloudy and the wind is cold coming in from the north here near Halfway USA.

Debra Dearest batted her pretty eyes & convinced me to hang some peg things for her necklaces. That lead to sanding & repairing a drawer. She applied the poly & all is well with the furniture now. I hung the door back up in the truck camper. It got a fresh coat of poly & looks good as well.

Lots of brass was handled yesterday. More today but I should have all of it done in a couple hours.

Errands to figure out today too.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

Mike, mike, mike what day is it? It's hump day!! That used to mean a lot too me --NOT any more!!!! 40 here in NC Ohio with clouds and dry. Already started watering the beds in the garden. All the rain for spring arrived way early. Lots of yard work to get done now, never ending job. I need a cup of coffee and head out the door. Prayers for KF and family , those answered, and Dean needs some water out of this storm. Mike

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Good Morning

Beautiful day yesterday. Had a good time visiting with some family and friends as we celebrated my daughter’s 25th birthday. Seems like I was 25 myself not too long ago.
47 and headed to 68 today they tell me. Need to get some grass mowed and some firewood moved before the rain starts tomorrow night. Maybe even catch a fish or two if I have time.
Prayers offered for those in need.

Make it a good day

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
morning all. 41 to start off, high of only around 50 today with the wind not far behind that with 40 to 45 mph gusts. Lots of farm ground will change hands today! Even yesterday was dusty with only "breezes" blowing.
Finally got a water pump ordered for the old Chevy truck, looked like the right one on the parts 'puter. Will find out after chores are done and I have time to make another trip to town.
I didn't get much done yesterday afternoon but a couple things did get fixed. Funny how a short trip to town can mess up the whole day.
Better get this one started, Happy Hump Day. Be safe and I hope you all are ready for the big storm!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
14,015 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid.40 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Passed.a.fishing.trip with ,brother, Tucker went.
Ain't heard nothing yet, rock supposed to be hi ting.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo. It's 52 in Louisville, going to 72 and sunny.

Got a 400-mile round trip today for the funeral and burial of Miss Cindy's dad. I guess there's never a good day for a funeral, but the weather looks beautiful. My faith tells me it's even more glorious where Mr. John is today. If y'all could, we'd appreciate prayer for safe travels today.

Donnie didn't mention it here in the morning post today, but I'm sure you "regulars" saw his post saying Melissa got a great doctor's report yesterday. Wonderful news.

Carl, there's not much I love more than springtime pond fishing. Get out there today or tomorrow, and take a picture or two to share with us here. If a pond has bass, a spinnerbait or something like a Rapala ought to work great. If you're lucky enough to find a pond with crappie, I like small tube jigs tipped with a Berkley Nibble and suspended under a cork.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Administrator
13,448 Posts
Happy HUMP day all you varmints. It's 54º here and going up. Upper 60's today I think. Yesterday was beautiful, until I got home. A little front must have moved thru, it got very windy and chilled off a bit. But we still were able to sleep with the windows open. Well...try to sleep. I was fine all day yesterday, until I got horizontal. Then the coughing started. I hacked and hacked until way after midnight. This morning I think I coughed up half a lung. :eek: Time to get some Mucinex in me.

Well, the squeaky wheel finally got some grease yesterday. Met with the HR lady and my new manager about my promotion/job change. I came out with a new title (Project Engineer) and a tree-fitty an hour raise.:D About time I get some recognition and more importantly compensation, for what I do here.

I got the boat light on last night and everything wired back up and everything I did works! BUT the red/green nav light on the bow quit working. I didn't even mess with that one. I'll have to troubleshoot it tonight after work. That's the one circuit on the whole boat I didn't replace when I re-wired everything 2 years ago.:rolleyes: Hopefully it's just a bad bulb.

Mike, please give Miss Cindy a hug from all of us and let her know we're thinking of her. Continued prayers on the way.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Lots of things going on with the old farts on the Green pages today.
Charlie is finally getting up to Minimum Wage, Ky Fishman has a solem duty burrying his FIL, Ken is getting a Suntan in Texas. MPC is having Groundhog Day all over again.
Dean is going to work on Farm Junk like i do all the time but he's a better mechanic than I.
Skruske is trying to find something else to repair. Me? I'm having a Big Day here in the sticks of Kentucky. Judy Brown is taking me to Buddy's Bar B Q for lunch....i went and Stole her back from my son yeaterday up by Ft. Knox while he was at work.

I went to Rallys and had a Big Buford which was about tooo much. Then we stopped at Doug Roberts favorite store....Rural King. I told them i knew Doug Roberts and they Gave me a Bag of POPCORN. Cool knowing important folks.

Carl, i feel like i should be 25 also, but i doubt we would survive it if we had a second chance.

Going out to sling out a couple rolls of hay for the Damcows and get going. Jackson my oldest son has taken off from work to take me to the Bar B Q joint. I feel special today...wonder what JB is going to do for me today?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning gang, 54 and headed to 70's today. Got to mow moms and my yard, do some weedeating or roundup one. I got some major chores done yesterday, several more to do today, but am making progress, my stamina is getting better, still struggle dragging my right leg around, and end up sleeping on a ice pack for my left hip where I am overworking it. Prayers continued for all mentioned, have a great day, Buff out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.