Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
38° here in Upstate NY this morning, we had a little bit of rain overnight. It is supposed to clear up and we will have a high temperature of about 61°. We are supposed to get some heavy rain later this week into the weekend.

I was on the road again yesterday most of the day and I will be for part of the day today also.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Great morning folks,

65° with some clouds, 80° & sunny later here in grandkidville.

The trip down was without incident & the ******* Limo ran smooth at 74mph. Got here in the afternoon about 4pm just ahead of rush hour traffic. That was in time to settle in and make it to the soccer game.

I will be told later what I am doing later. I'm guessing beach and Sun tan are on the list.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas, 61 and cloudy, supposed to rain. 75 later.
Didn't go anywhere or do anything yesterday. Today is men's group so I have an excuse to get out.
Wife is staying close as oldest grandson is having lots of trouble. The hospital put him on suicide watch. He has a major personality disorder that is worse than thought. Gonna be a tough couple of months.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 32 now with a high of 51. Possible showers later, and of course "breezy"
Worked on the JD loader for a while yesterday morning, think I finally got the problem solved of why it will start and run then just die out. Replace the fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump and it seemed to run fine now. Will find out when someone wants to use it hard.
Worked on a neighbors sprinkler all afternoon, we had to replace one tire/ wheel, gear box, the center drive box and motor, drive line couplers and rewire the motor lead in wire. Hired man was burning ditches and it got away and burned the sprinklers last tower.:eek: Stupid!!!
Hope to work on the seeder today, but will see what the boss man has in mind first.
Have a Happy Hump Day, hope everyone is safe with the storms back east!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 55 heading for 75 in Indy. Heading for the range. 😀

Have a good Humpday!

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Happy HUMP Day folks. Time to get ready for Easter. :D

It's 50º here with some scattered rain predicted today. Looks like I won't be mowing today again. I put weed killer and fertilizer on 2 weeks ago and I think I'm ready to bring in a baler. Between this dang bug I've got and the weather, I just haven't found time to mow. Sure was hoping today was the day. Maybe Friday? I'm starting to feel a bit better each day, losing my voice here lately though. Miss Sue is starting to catch it.

Wasn't sure I'd be able to have the boat ready for the season opener Saturday, but now it doesn't matter. Rain and winds 20-30 MPH have pretty much cancelled that. I have off Friday, so I should be able to get things ready to go Monday instead. I got the nav light installed last night. Came out pretty good.

Better get a move on. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

50 here in NC Ohio supposed to be cloudy and dry. Set down to watch weather after a hard day of work (for me anyway) and fell asleep with no o2 woke up at 3AM half dead just now getting o2 levels up to 90% and a cup of joe helps too. Charlie, you like to fish and put fertilizer on the lawn? Those two don't go to gather in any book!! But who am I to judge? Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 63º and cloudy here headed for the low 70's. There is a slight chance of rain today with the chances increasing slightly through out the day with T'Storms tonight and most of tomorrow.

The contractor finished the kitchen yesterday and I spent the day toting boxes from the spare bedrooms to the kitchen while the Wife unpacked them. We'll finish that up this morning, hopefully! I'll post up a picture or two after She gets everything arranged.

I'll probably head out to deer camp after while and try to score on a Turkey before I have to return for Easter.

You'all have a good one.

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
I know Mike...that means more mowing! I have about $500 invested in a 70x70 back yard since last summer. If you remember I pulled all the crabgrass, seeded, limed, fertilized multiple times, shot 2 skunks. Just applied pre-emergent a few weeks ago and I STILL have these damned weeds! Soon as I mow I'm going to hit it again with weed and feed. Yeah, I'll be mowing twice a week.:(

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Good morning everyone....nice here so far today and looking like it's going to get even nicer! I had to mow part of my back yard again yesterday evening then tried to mow the neighbors yard and found a nice wet spot and stuck the zero turn.:rolleyes: Luckily it was just a little slime on top that that hung it up and my son was able to push me out.

I need to finish up the trailer wiring on my dodge today and hit a few little jobs that popped up. Tomorrow has a trip to Wilmore planned to pick up my daughter for Easter then back again on Monday.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
CHARLIE. It's all green, don't worry about the yard. Weeds, fescue, crab grass....Get Well, Go Fishing.

Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have a nice day in store. I sure would like to see some more rain....sounds like Dean doesn't it?

I worked on the old barn a bit yesterday and actually had some free help. JB, son, Sons GF, helped me raise up some long planks and hold them in place while i drilled holes and nailed them from the ladder.
No injuries but I'm not done yet.
A new BULL arrived yesterday while i was up on the ladder so i had to quit the barn and go check on that.

The big event of the day was Bouncer the Cat's 11th birthday. I got him a KFC chicken breast, his favotite food in all the world.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Kentucky Fisherman, here's what Dean's yearling bull calves look like. Just a few hundred pounda bigger.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning all, 71 here already and headed 77! My tooth extraction site was swelled to the size of a small egg yesterday from al the trauma involved in getting the roots out, did not do anything much yesterday, kept ice on it, and it is half the size today it was yesterday, no pain, just sore, taking very strong antibiotics. Got to mount scopes and zero 3 rifles today for some folks, then mow my yard and moms, hopefully feel like doing some weedeating after I get the mowing done! You all have a good one JR keep spoiling Bouncer, Remember those in need of prayers, Buff out!

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Good late morning boys...
It was in the upper 40 [I think] when we left the house this morning.
Me and Tucker went hunting, I'll post later about that.
Took the rest of the week off just to hunt while it aint raining.
Hope you all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.