Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
46° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature only going up to about 54° for a high. It is supposed to be a decent day tomorrow and then have rain tomorrow night and Friday.

I was on the road all day yesterday and I will be today for at least half the day. I am also busy with gun club renewals coming in and getting the new cards to the members.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas, 61 and it's been raining all night, with heavy thunder. The cats are cowering under the bed.
I got the last of the suspension upgrade done on the RV yesterday. Shocks and an air ride pin box (hitch) makes a big difference. There's still that back slap, that can't be eliminated but overall it's smoother and things inside don't get bounced around.
Today is study, I have to give the presentation to the men's Bible group at noon.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have 55° going to 77 it say, but a 50 cent chance of rain. I think Not...I think Doug Roberts is going to get wet running from the truck to the pancake shop.
The rain is going to mostly be north of us.

Yesterday was a big Fencing day after i got the Damschoolteacher out of bed. But he hung in there all day after he got his sneakers on.
The old fence is now a ball of rusty wire, posts and brush is piled up, and my saw chain is dull.

It was only a 150 yards but my back and knees say 2 miles.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 38 with low to mid 60s later. Rained off and on yesterday, probably got close to 3/4 of a inch total. Could get more tomorrow... or not.
Didn't get much done yesterday with the rain and a trip to town. Blood draw didn't even go well, clotted up before they got a pint out of me, hadn't had that happen before. Guess the thick blood goes along with my thick head :eek:.
Hope to get some sprinkler work done today, kinda wet to be driving in the alfalfa fields but it's got to be done.
Have a Happy Hump Day and be safe. Prayers for the needy and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

Fence looks good JR, we have a few miles that the elk tore up that could use fixen!!!

·
Administrator
13,442 Posts
happy HUMP day folks. It's 55º here headed to the 70's with breezes today. Damn dog had me up at 3:15 hacking and gagging. He's getting old and has breathing issues. I should be easy on him, but 3:15AM? :mad: Anyway, I'm up and at work. Nothing got done while I was away all weekend. Never does. Gotta get to it. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 56 in Louisville, going to 75. We had thunderboomers last night and they're due to return sometime this afternoon. That'll work for me, so long as it doesn't rain much this morning.

Fedex (or someone) brought my Lee shellholder set on Monday and I don't have church choir practice tonight, so I may have to fill a few .38 Special cases tonight.

My brother killed a pretty big copperhead (IMHO) yesterday. Photo looked like he was about 2-2 1/2 feet. He skinned it, but didn't eat it. Waste not, want not, I always say. :)

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 65º and cloudy here headed for the mis 70's. Looks like the rain will be here late this afternoon or tonight.

I only got about half of my Dove hole sprayed yesterday. I guess a spray rig is a lot like a board fence, its got to be worked on constantly! I was really dragging when I got in last night.

I'll try to finish it up later this morning, before the rain gets here. Our spray rig is a homemade devise and works pretty well. I guess I should buy a better one! My friends contribute to the cost of the Dove hunt but I never get all of my money back, so I try to keep the cost down.

My Dove hole is on an old fish farm that my Son bought to Duck hunt on so I did get to ride around some and shot several snakes. I passed on a couple of Mink. I was hoping for a mess of Frogs but only saw a couple. Its still a little cool.

You'all have a good one!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning all, for the first time in a week or so! My internet had went down, turns out it took a tech 10 minutes to run a check and replace the modem. Got some garden turned up with the tiller yesterday, will try to get the rest this morning, and mow today. Got some fencing done Monday, and some other things done around the farm. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayer, Buff out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.