Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
43° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature for the day is to be up to about 57°. We didn't have any rain yesterday but we have a chance of showers again today.

I was on the road all day yesterday and today I will be busy all day it looks like as well. We have a gun club meeting tonight and we have quite a bit on the agenda.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

51 here in NC Ohio with rain about 4-5 this afternoon and 30 wind. That's not a Dean wind but too much for an old fart like me!!! Time for some coffee. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, 39 and raining. I am still working on getting the garage organized, made bigger dent yesterday than I expected. I have a lot of brass, bullets and shot shell components that I need to sell taking up space, along with 2 wheel chairs and packing boxes I want to donate.
A NIB Johnathan Browning Mountain rifle followed me home last night. I have been lusting for one nearly 45 years. Sure is pretty. Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Rain with 43° and more rain expected for several more hours here near Halfway USA. Did I mention rain?

Well much to my surprise and or disappointment, I don't need to load for 22br. I did not shoot it last year after I filled all the cases I have. After a more extensive ammo inventory, I really don't neeeed to load much at all. :confused: I can however continue to process all the 6ppc brass I have on hand. There is a quite a pile & it was in marked bags in various stages of prep. First things first was to tumble it all thoroughly. Since it doesn't need to be benchrest accurate, only Prairie Dog accurate, it will all get treated as though it all needs complete prep.

I did shoot the Sako 6ppc Shane repaired. Nothing fancy, just blasting mystery ammo into the ditch. I'm pleased to report everything function and fired as desired. I mounted a Burris scope on & it will be ready for Prairie Dog Safari 2019.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Good morning everyone...nice and warm this morning so far. I got the last of the spools welded yesterday until the next round. I need to move my welding positioner back out the shed. I have about 300 parts to plasma cut on my table in the next week or so as well a rolled shit tanker to work on.

Yesterday I got home and mowed a few spots that were to wet last time I mowed the yard then my son and I drug out and electric jack hammer I borrowed from my buddy to bust up an old concrete fish pond my grandfather made probably 40 years ago. There was big ass rocks in there along with some fence posts for support plus some piping that went to a pump that fed the waterfall portion. After almost 2 solid hours of hammering it is mostly gone and in my truck and it whooped my ass!

Today I'm going to toss some of the smaller ****** in some soft spots in out lot here at the shop that always try to hang up the fork trucks then the rest might go in out dumpster.

Scott good to hear the Sako is still working.:D I think it will be a shooter with a little load work.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 35 with 58 as a high along with the "breezes"! Well we got a little over a inch of moisture of all sorts yesterday, hail, sleet, snow and rain, we'll take it any way it comes! But a day or two of sun and wind will have the dirt blowing again... just the way it is here.
Made a quick trip across the valley to the Coop, only got five sprinkler tires, was all they had in the size I needed. Then stopped at the New Holland dealer and got several more sets of plow shears. Should be set for this spring unless the boss man decides to take out more alfalfa.
Worked on the big plow in the afternoon and also got a sprinkler tire put together, will take it out and change out a flat this morning.
Breakfast is about on the table and the coffee is ready.
Have a Happy Hump Day and be safe. Prayers for the needy and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Happy HUMP DAY gang. It's 52º here and looks like rain/drizzle on the way all day. No mowing tonight. JR, get that fluffer ready.:rolleyes: Didn't get anything done last night. Worked at the shop until close, got home and drug a arborvitae I pulled out with the truck back to the burn pile then it started raining. Ah well...we need it. And it hasn't been coming in excess like last year. Things sure are greening up in a hurry!

Well I need to get to work. Still busy, busy, busy. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 66 and cloudy in Indy heading for 76. Just dropped Julie at the airport and I’m adrift without direction until late Saturday. She’s going to a cousin’s funeral in Arkansas. I didn’t know airplanes stopped in Arkansas unless it was on Walmart business.

Things may be changing a little in our p doggin’ future. The lodge we’ve gone to for years has been sold to the daughter and son-in-law of the previous owners. Looks like this year will be our last to stay there. Next year they will probably be doing “ day hunts” with lodging and meals not included. We’ve watched their daughters grow up from little girls who caught live rattlesnakes and took antelope and deer to college students and mothers. Things change. Grumpy old guys don’t like it much.

The day has started. Reckon I’ll make the best of it. You too.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have a slight chance of rain today. We sure do need it, i think we got all the rain last winter.
Funny Charlie mentioned my Hay Fluffer, yesterday I went to the farm implement parts store and gave them a couple hundred dollars for parts to repair my fluffer.

All this talk of Prairie Dogs and prairie dog rifles, i have got my new prarie dog rifle on line and ready. Its a German 88 Nashorn tank destroyer and could set a new long range record for distance...

The utility clearing crew is pulling into my hayfield to trim some trees, i better get down there.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 64 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Got up at 5 yesterday and after work, went with a boy at work
to pick up a hay bailor. It was a 3 hour drive to get it so I didn't get home til
1:30 this morning. Yep, didn't set the alarm so I'm going in late.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo. It's a warm 71 in Louisville, going to 82 with a good chance of strong thunderboomers around dinnertime. Still calling for rain from sometime tonight through Saturday, which is Derby Day.

My mission today is to get BOTH rear wheels pulling on my self-propelled lawnmower. If any of you guys have a problem with a rear-drive mower, I can for sure now tell you what to look for. They're a little complex, but not impossible. Heck, if you can assemble an AR or replace the extractor on a Savage bolt, you can darn sure do this kind of work. Anyway, I'm working from home but will be spending at least a little time on that mower. Hopefully during my lunch hour I'll have the repair done and can cut the back yard.

Doug, I definitely understand how you feel having to deal with changes you don't particularly like. I'm kind of a creature of habit and when something is working I just expect it to keep working. With the kids now running your favorite PD operation, there will almost surely be changes. Good luck with that.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 66º and cloudy here headed for the upper 70's with rain moving in just about any time.

Didn't make it to my Dove hole yesterday. A farmer buddy caught me before I left and needed some help. One of his hands showed up for work drunk. So, I got put on a tractor. I put 12 hours on a John Deere 8420 pulling a 32' disc. Man it was muddy!

Heading out to look at my Dove field as soon as I get off of here. I hope the weeds have died and dried out enough to burn. Would be perfect if I could burn them before the rain gets here. Sure would like to have that tractor that I was on yesterday!

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
All this talk of Prairie Dogs and prairie dog rifles, i have got my new prarie dog rifle on line and ready. Its a German 88 Nashorn tank destroyer and could set a new long range record for distance...

I can just see Birdog and Doc trying to strap a March scope on that tube with duct tape or JB Weld. Talk about your stress test! I'm also seeing them using fairly large hammers to seat the new primer and "bullet." That could get interesting for sure.

Carpman

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Low 70's and sunny in the hollow, looking at 80's later today. Some folks complain about no spring, jump to summer, but I'm not one of them. It was a long, wet winter and I need to feel the heat in my bones. I may cut some grass today as there is rain moving in the next day or two and if I let it get ahead of me it can get pretty high. Nothing seriously important to do today, just a little of this and a little of that.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.