Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high for today will be up to about 81°. They say we should have some rain today mainly this morning. As long as it isn't really heavy I won't mind.

I spent the day on the road yesterday and today I will be working at home this morning and then on the road in the afternoon. Thus far it has been a busy week but I don't mind that much.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Good Morning

70 and humid, sounds like a broken record that gets broke for real this week!!! No rain here getting serious dry. Had three loads of stone dumped on the driveway yesterday. It sold glow silver at night according too the cost of it!! Guess I'm getting old when a purchase of something sends me into shock!! Well time for some joe so be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, 64, clear, high is 76. Several thunderstorms yesterday morning, then it got hot and humid.
More painting today. Touch up one wall and repaint another. My color choice looked good with the sample, but on the wall it is disaster.
Hoping everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Good morning from Indy. 72 heading for the low 90s. Rain this afternoon/evening. Nothing, zero, zilch, nada planned for today with the only possible exception being a stop by the barber shop if my barbette is working. Might as well have something easy to look at in the mirror while you’re getting a haircut.

Lincoln Square Pancake House opens in a half hour. Have a good day.

·
Registered
12,714 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 65 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Well, got my only took off yesterday and all went well.
By the time I got home, it got the swell'in back...lol
Ice pack helped some...didn't bother me too much last nite but
probably go in late today. Don't think I'll be doing any bending over
today.
It stormed some yesterday evening and just rained some last nite, we
needed it pretty bad. Everything had about dried up. Yards was looking
bad. Well, better get moving, you all have a gooden today and GOD Bless..

Donnie

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
morning all. 50 to start, low to mid 80s with a good chance of moisture or a dry wind like we had yesterday.
Finished baling one field then got three more done too. One of oat hay. Now we're caught up for a couple days, swathers really need to run but one of the operators is in the hospital so hay cutting will slow down some.
Have to swap out a booster pump from one sprinkler to another today. Boss man called the electric motor shop and they hadn't even looked at the one we took in three weeks ago!:eek: So I'll get a pump off another sprinkler that we're done with and get it going before the crop dies off.
Have a happy hump day and be safe. Prayers for the needy and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 73º and cloudy here headed for the mid 90's.

We went and harassed the beavers yesterday at the Duck Club and then ended up at our buddies cabin that was flooded. I finished changing out all of the receptacles and switches that were under water.

Off to PT in a little while and then I think I'll go mow my Sunflowers. I usually mow them 10 or 12 days before Dove season but with rain forecast over the next few days I probably need to mow them a little earlier. I don't want to rut the field up so bad that a bunch of old geezers can't walk across it!

Prayers for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Administrator
12,017 Posts
good morning folks, and happy HUMP day all!

It's 72º with the sun trying to burn through a bit of fog here at the moment. Going to be another hot one in the 90's with storms later. We need the rain. Didn't do anything last night again, except work at the shop and the cleaned the pond filter when I got home.

Been following a post about the missing boaters in FL on a boating forum. Two firemen missing 5 days now out of Port Canaveral. Lots of gov't and private folks looking for them, but not much to go on. Hard to believe with today's technology, they haven't found them yet. Say a prayer today is the day they are found.

Well, guess I'll get my hump outta here and get busy. Have a good one. Prayers sent.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Great morning folks,

Clear with 62° and going to near 90° later back out here in the Killpecker Dunes.

Debra Dearest did some more mountain climbing yesterday. This time to the peak of North Table Top. 8059 feet elevation. Though we only had to go the 300 or so feet, the thinner air 89° heat made it a workout for her.

We finished out much of the rest of the day trail riding. Animal census included Antelope, Wild Horses, Prairie Dog & Damncows.

We noted it was significantly more dusty here this week than prior. We will ride around some in the dunes today as the dust is quit a bit less. Probably a hike too.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky to the Old Man Blog. Weather?? Hot and Dry. We missed a big rain yesterday by about 10 miles. None here.

I was bushogging yesterday afternoon and found A little Charlois calf hid in the briar patch I was getting ready to grind up. It had been hidden there and it's Mom COW had been moved across the highway. When Judy Brown came home we loaded it in the Ranger with her sitting on top of it holding it in...took it back to the field it's Mom COW was in. About a mile trip the way we had to go. All seemed to be OK, let them figure it out.
Then later on I found a Cow and Calf had jumped the fence and gone back where they had moved FROM. Not the same COW, always had trouble with this one. That's the big excitement for the day.

Fly season in full swing, and I used the last of the worthless fly spray, a run to the Farm store to get some more today. I sure would like to have some RAVAP, which we can't buy anymore. It was Too Good I suppose. I found some 50 yr old DDT, used some with OK results but it clogs the sprayer.

Safe travels to Kentucky Fishman on his trip to Virginia. MPC, you better stay in the A.C. today. George needs to go Fishing stead of working so hard on computers.
Y'all be safe.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Late morning check in, 81 headed to 89, waiting on the cool front to blow in Friday! JR we got the rain you missed, good hard rain for about 45 minutes, my pasture needed it! Got to get some cow feed today, and maybe get a steer up to take to market. My young hens are putting out the eggs, love them farm eggs, had forgot how much better they taste than store bought eggs. Well got to run, you all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out!

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Afternoon has crept up on me already. I got to the shop this morning after hacking and puking up a whole lot of nothing....damn sinuses. Then I do make it outside and I left a switch on for my AC in my truck....I had to bypass the controller to turn on the AC clutch. After getting my dinky ass charger on it for a bit I was winding up my ext. cord and somehow hooked a big ass bucket of 40S&W brass that was right on the edge of my bench and dumped it all over the place.:mad:

I got almost got one spool done and will be finishing it up soon. I got a call on my Dodge 3500 they got the trans back in and ready to go so I went and found a ride to go pick it up. Every damn parts store and even rockauto will give you the wrong input shaft seal for a 6 spd...just incase anyone else decides to change one. The seal that actually fit it was the same part number as the seal in the NV4500 5spd. That stupid ass $10 seal had caused 2 clutch/disk setups to be replaced. Seals don't work well when they are 1/4" dia. bigger than the shaft.:rolleyes:

I got my welder bolted back down to the bed and now I can finish putting the hydraulic pump on the PTO and hook up the air compressor.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Doug, your comment about the "barbette" really brought me back a while. In the early '80's I lived NC, and had found a favorite shop and "barbette." She preferred doing scissor cuts rather than using an electric clipper. She must have been slightly near-sighted, because she had to get real close when trimming around my ears. Her most wonderful body parts would always bump into my shoulders when doing that operation.....

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Doug, your comment about the "barbette" really brought me back a while. In the early '80's I lived NC, and had found a favorite shop and "barbette." She preferred doing scissor cuts rather than using an electric clipper. She must have been slightly near-sighted, because she had to get real close when trimming around my ears. Her most wonderful body parts would always bump into my shoulders when doing that operation.....
Nearsighted? Nope
That was bait to keep you coming back for another haircut. I have a friend that tells me the SAME thing about his Barbette.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts