Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13° here in Upstate NY this morning with clear skies. We are going to have a high temperature of about 22° today. We got 1/2" of snow yesterday but the wind was brutal all day. Today there is a slight chance of snow here but I don't believe we will get any.

I was on the road yesterday and I will be some today also. As long as I was inside it was all right. I think about different things on different days but now I am just thinking I wish it was spring already and winter hasn't began yet.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Good Morning

A nice balmy 6 this morning in NC Ohio with clear skies going to 20's. Did not get out of the house, plenty of exercise trying to find the dining room harvest table. The coffee pot says its ready and I do need to go to town today, time to get at it. Be safe and warm. Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's a warm 21 and a bit windy. Supposed to be 32 later and maybe snow some.
Got a lot of small tasks completed yesterday. Ordered a pistol scope from Ebay and sent right back as it's a rifle scope. Darned printer refused to print the return label. Seems like ink cartridges dry out in 3 weeks since I last used it. Grr.
More projects today, finish a base for a loading press. Fixing the clock.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Good morning. It’s 8 degrees in Indy heading for a tropical 33. Good thing the breakfast blind has heat. Off to check it out.

Stay warm

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
morning all. 11 to start a breezy day, may get into the 50s today, temp not mph.
Worked in the shop for a while yesterday then work cattle in the afternoon, got another bunch of calves in the corral to wean. Hope they don't tear everything down like the last ones did.
Not sure what all will happen today, need to go to town for parts.
Stove may or may not get installed this week, really getting old listening to excuses!
Better get, have a Happy Hump Day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says it's 12 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Good morning old man Blog from the Frozen Tundra of Kentucky where we have 14 Frozen degrees.above zero.

I don't know exactly when i took this photo but it wasn't long ago. I see it is below freezing in New Orleans.

Today I will fling out hay rolls for the Damcows and will do little else outside. Any calves born night before last were frozen in the rain turned to ice and snow. Neighbor lost one.

·
Administrator
11,563 Posts
Good morning folks. Happy HUMP day. It's 20º here right now and I bet those HUMPS are perky today, right Mike? ;):D Supposed to get up to 35 or so later. Sorta glad I got my buck and don't have to sit in the cold any more, but I probably will with Mom anyway. We'll try to get her a deer this year again. She wants to bow hunt. Well she could crossbow hunt, but she has NO concept of yardage, and even less when I tell her "hold the 2nd mark down" in the reticle.:rolleyes: There's just too much can go wrong trying to put an arrow in a deer.

I guess I'll start butchering tonight. Try to get at least half done tonight. It takes me awhile with no help, but I'll get it all cut, wrapped and frozen by the weekend. Not sure what I'll make. Burger and sausage for sure, maybe cure some for dried deer for gifts? I know Kermit's clan liked what I brought down the other year.

Well, I need to get something done here today first. Better get after it. Prayers sent. Stay warm! Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 16 in Louisville, going to a balmy 40 supposedly. Ties the record low for this date. I ought to be up my tree, but I'd already decided to skip yesterday and today due to the weather. One of my weather apps was still set for Murdo, S.D., where we hunt prairie poodles and it said it's 37 up there this morning. Go figure.

Bought some nice baby back ribs at Sam's yesterday. Also bought a whole pork loin and had the butcher cut it into chops that are about 2" thick. I put rub on both meats, put 'em in the fridge and am getting ready to fire up the 'lectric smoker. Don't know that I've used that one in this kind of cold, so it'll be interesting to see how it does. Might have to put a cardboard box or my old beach towel over the unit. I'm glad I use a remote thermometer so I don't have to open the door every 15-20 minutes. I can sit in my recliner and monitor both unit temp and meat temp.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
970 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 16 in Louisville, going to a balmy 40 supposedly. Ties the record low for this date. I ought to be up my tree, but I'd already decided to skip yesterday and today due to the weather. One of my weather apps was still set for Murdo, S.D., where we hunt prairie poodles and it said it's 37 up there this morning. Go figure.

Bought some nice baby back ribs at Sam's yesterday. Also bought a whole pork loin and had the butcher cut it into chops that are about 2" thick. I put rub on both meats, put 'em in the fridge and am getting ready to fire up the 'lectric smoker. Don't know that I've used that one in this kind of cold, so it'll be interesting to see how it does. Might have to put a cardboard box or my old beach towel over the unit. I'm glad I use a remote thermometer so I don't have to open the door every 15-20 minutes. I can sit in my recliner and monitor both unit temp and meat temp.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.
WOW !!!! There's electronics for everything. Now if you can get the upstairs maid that wears those black heels and stocking to take it off the grill you wont have to get up. LDS

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
14º in the hollow this morning just before the power went off a little after 6:00. Power was off for about an hour and the house was still warm, so no worries. But it's sunny and will make the low 40's this afternoon. I wonder if this is a forecast of what's coming this winter.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
191 Posts
Was 19* when I got up this morning, we got about an 1" of snow yesterday, but the roads were ok. Still have the snow now, and it may melt with forecast high around 40*. Winds were from the N/NW, to switch around coming from the S/SW so that might help a bit. Stay warm fellas.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Morning all, 26 headed to 44 today. The wife is out hunting, she is tough. She had about 9 deer in front of her last night, only one was a legal shooter, a spike, that might weigh #100, she said she wasn't going to burn her tag on a spike. I took the deer I killed and gifted it, butchered, to the family down the road that is having a rough time of it. They were going to can most of it. They got backstraps and all, the wife was cutting up the backstraps to fry, when I left. I have to run some errands today, fill the wife's corn feeder up, work on a couple of things in the shop. Remember all in need of prayers, Buff out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts