Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
27° here in Upstate NY under fairly clear skies this morning. We have a dusting of snow on the ground with up to 2" predicted for today with gusty winds. The high is to be only 29° today.

Yesterday I was on the road all day which was all right. Today for this morning I have paperwork to do and then it is possible I will have to be back on the road again.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Good morning George and those to come. 36 degrees here this morning and that’s about as warm as it will be all day. Gun club meeting last night was uneventful, other than new officers sworn in. Sounds like there will be a meeting at the courthouse tomorrow night about Kenton County becoming a 2A Sanctuary County. I will probably go see how that goes. So far, the commissioners are backing it.
It’s going to be cold at the range this evening but I want to go try out some new loads when I get home from work.
Elvis would be 85 today. Hard to believe that he has been gone longer than he was here.

Make it a good day

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Good Morning

32 here in NC Ohio with 20 winds pushing the cold. Will be another day inside for me, see if I can decide what to put on the grill next? Just hiding from the elements is my main agenda today. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, 0 now, 18 is the high.
Follow up to yesterday's firefight. Bad guy shot and will be ok. Officer shot in the head and very critical. Shooting took place 5 houses west of me. Bad guy is a multiple felony drug addict and maker, he lives directly across the street from me.
The little bird has been telling me for some time that I should be armed all the time. Maybe so.
I need to work on writing today, get the basics down then figure out what pictures to add.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 30 in Indy heading for 35. Big day here. I’m going to the pancake joint and, later on, getting a haircut. Broadening my horizons, ya’ know.

Ken, get a carry gun and practice, practice, practice. That’s my advice to any law-abiding citizen who isn’t anti-gun. To the anti- gunners I say just hide and wait to be killed.

On that happy note.....Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
morning all. Says it's -1 this morning, yesterday it dropped 7degrees before the sun got up... so! But should be another nice day later, might even melt a little ice and snow again today.
Worked in the shop on one of the New Holland blue loaders, more of that today after we move one bunch of cows across the county road to better feed.
Have some work to do around the house today, our other new stove should be installed tomorrow if all goes as planned.
Time to move along, have a great Hump Day and be safe and warm. Prayers for our country and troops. Others folks too.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Windy, cloudy and colder at 20° here near Halfway USA. Suppose to be much of the same all day. Tomorrow & Friday, mid 40's...we will take it.

A couple errands to handle & a Redneck Limo to fill up with fuel today.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 38 in Louisville, only going to 44, but lots of sun and low breezes. Should be a nice day.

Today's Hump Day image is a U.S. Air Force Reaper drone. See the hump in the front? See the missiles hanging from the wings? If you can see either of those, you're luckier than Iran's Gen. Suleiman, who didn't see a thing coming. :D I did some research last night and most informed sources think we used a modified Hellfire missile that has advanced targeting abilities. That sucker locks onto a moving target and can fly up a gnat's ass with the gnat flitting around. For you who hunt with a bow, I ran across one version of the Hellfire that had four big blades that pop out instead of having an explosive warhead. If you can imagine a 4-bladed Schwaker with 3-4 foot "swords," you've got the idea. Apparently a few were made and actually used. The idea was that these would be used on "soft" targets when the military had to make absolutely sure there was no collateral damage. Google "bladed Hellfire."

Miss Cindy made up some Cindyburgers for dinner last night and I grilled 'em. Half beef and half Bambi, and man are they great! In regard to smoke, Mr. C (MPC), I would suggest for your next lesson you try pork tenderloin or chops. If you do the tenderloin, consider one that comes already packed in marinade. I've been real pleased with the ones Kroger sells. If you think you're ready for chops, go to a grocery that has actual meat cutters on hand. Catch a boneless pork loin (loin, not tenderloin) on sale and have 'em cut chops 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick. They're gonna look impossibly thick, but that's what you want. Keep two of 'em out to smoke and wrap/freeze/label the rest. Marinade those two thick chops 24-48 hours, then smoke 'em at 225 until your Smoke thermometer says they're 135-140 in the center. DO NOT go over 140. Pull 'em, wrap 'em in foil and towels and let 'em sit. From there, you can eat 'em as a main dish or you can slice 'em thin and you'll have some incredible sandwiches. I also cut 'em thin and use 'em in stir fry.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Administrator
11,616 Posts
Good morning folks. Happy HUMP Day Mike! It's 29 here and it's snowing it's @ss off. We're in a squall right now, getting a few more inches maybe, on top of the 2" we got yesterday. I didn't plow last night, probably would have if I knew this was coming. The ride to work was fun this morning. Near whiteout conditions and coming down my road I noticed a bunch of EYES in the middle of the road. Luckily I was going slow or I'd have had a half dozen confused deer in one shot. On a related note, the snow ended about 7PM last night and it stuck to everything. The moon came out and it was so clear and bright, it was absolutely beautiful. Calm and still, I should have been out calling yotes right after it ended.

Mike (MPC) when I'm making butts, brisket, doing long smokes, I usually always try to do something else if there's room on the smoker. One of the best things I've found is rope sausage. You can do plain breakfast, Italian, chorizo, whatever you like. The smoke puts it over the top. At 225-250 degrees, it usually takes just a few hours. We usually grab a big family pack size coil of it and just throw it on with our other meat. I don't even season it. Usually makes at least 2 or three meals for us for the week. Another thing we like is eye of round smoked to 140 internal and sliced real thin for roast beef sandwiches. That usually takes 2-3 hours at 250. Quick and easy, rub with what you like.

Things got a little exciting last night over in the sandlot. Sounds like the Iranians missiles aren't very accurate, not much damage, no US casualties? Must have been launched from one of these.:D

Well, I guess I should get busy. Prayers offered for our friends and families in need, and especially for our country and military members. Things could go south here in a hurry.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
30º on my back porch at 6:00, going to the mid 50's and getting there pretty quick. Looking to the weekend, we are expecting 60's with rain. We could do without the rain, but 60's in January will get no complaints from me. Nothing special today or this week. Short route to do today and I hope to have some time to fill water balloons for a fun match this weekend.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
898 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 31º and clear here headed for the low 60's. It looks like rain will move in tomorrow night or Friday morning.

The Wife got a good checkup yesterday at her Doctors appointment. After we got home me and my buddy went to the Duck Club and started flooding another 3 ponds.

Not much planned for today except to check on the Duck Club after while. Maybe a few chores before the rain gets here.

All of you GrillMasters are making my mouth water!

Prayers for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Good morning old man Blog from the sticks of Kentucky where we have 38° under bright sunshine. Damcows are basking in the sun waiting on hay. This Warm weather is really helping the hay pile. I had to start a month early because of the drought and iffen we had a Bad Winter i probably wouldn't have enough hay.

All this Cookin talk is going to get me motivated. Maybe. Fridge is empty after the last feast anout new years but i took a bag of chilli out of the freezer for today. Cat dont eat chilli. JB don't eat nuttin.

Speaking of Military forces, Jesse is still in Ft. Knox but his old unit in Italy (173AB) is NOT in Italy. And his other unit, the 82nd. Is not where the TV says. Lots of Assets are ready to Pounce. I dont know how they held Trump down last night but maybe cool heads will prevail.

Off to feed Damcows and hope to get some more Snares set today. Need to set my trailcam on a spot or two but I can't find it.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Morning all,43 headed to 51 today, bright sunshine looks great. Had a foot doc appointment today, but that got rescheduled. Will probably work on a couple of guns today and finish them up for a guy. Will also be puttering around on 2 of my own, and cleaning up and organizing the shop. Prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts