Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Wednesday Morning

1K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Kermit in Va. 
#1 ·
63° under partly cloudy skies here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature today will be up around 85°. We have a chance of showers and or thunderstorms late this afternoon and tonight. Other than that it will be sunny with light winds.

Yesterday I was on the road and busy for mos of the day. It was another hot one but there was a nice breeze for most of the of the day. This morning I am going "Up Home" to fish and it doesn't matter if I catch any or not I will enjoy myself. With my own work and the work at the gun club I just haven't gotten to fish all that much this year and now I am going to try and go a little more.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Good Morning America!! 65 in NC Ohio with a 88 on the horizon, still to warm for an old fart that's round and low to the ground!!@#$ Good luck fishing George and enjoy the day. Not much happening around here except early morning work. The house hearing yesterday for Barr , how can people be so nice saying sorry for being late, thanks for coming then call them names and lie and they need to be impeached??? How does a human treat another human that way? We know the answer so better get off the soap box without hurting myself!! Be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

#3 ·
Good morning. It’s 66 heading for 88 in Indy. Golfing early to beat the heat again. Skipping the pancake joint in favor of McD’s drive-thru. There’s supposed to be a meteor shower visible for the next few nights. I’ll probably miss ‘em.
Gotta’ get going. Have a good day.

#4 ·
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 61 and partially cloudy, his 81. Today is range time. I have the new parts for my K31 and I am anxious to see how it will shoot. I'll take the 44 Super Blackhawk along as needs sighting in.
I need to spend a few hours digging through the old Lyman catalogs for information on the Spartan presses and the All American turret.
Hopefully the skeeters won't be too hungry at the range.
George, hope you get that fish.
Everyone else have a blessed day,
Ken

#5 ·
A fine good morning from Middle TN where it's 70º and partly cloudy, looking for upper 80's by afternoon. The days ahead are forecast to be less warm only in the mid to upper 80's which will be nice. My outside work seems to be done for the week and the most important thing on my list is prep for this W/E's UBR match at Dry Branch. We spent a little more of the club's $$ on some maintenance and added gravel to the istol bays and a road to the 400 yard line, high up on the hill that backs up the range. We had planned to add a key pad gate this summer, but when we got the estimate, the secretary & I made the decision that since the gate was mostly cosmetic and wouldn't stop anyone who really wanted in, we would do more important stuff like gravel and concrete.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

#6 ·
Morning Gents! Its 75º and cloudy here headed for the upper 80's. There is rain in the forecast for the next 5 days. Like Sam said, their temp predictions seem to be several degrees low. The truck showed 93 yesterday.

Yesterday was mostly looking and checking on things at both Duck Clubs. In the afternoon we ended up going the other direction and working on an old tractor for my buddies boys.

Todays festivities are going to be a 100 mile road trip going after parts for that old tractor that we worked on yesterday. Its a challenge keeping a bunch of old stuff running!

Wishing for George to have a fun time fishing. Good Luck, George!

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'll have a good one.

#7 ·
morning all. 50 with low to mid 80s later, not much chance of rain and didn't get any yesterday, may see some hay being turned over today to dry the other side.
Today and tomorrow are to be dry then more showers for the weekend... we'll see how that turns out.
Worked in the shop most of the day, started working on my service truck, really didn't get much done, just not very excited about tearing it apart, but it really needs to be running again.
Update on Grandson, Jake, he's getting some better but still needs prayers. Just doesn't have much get up and go, is holding food down but belly hurts alot.
Better move along, Happy Hump Day everyone. Be safe and healthy!
GOD BLESS. Dean

#8 ·
good morning folks. It's a pleasant 66 here right now, but it's headed for the 90's again today and tomorrow. Then I think we're over the hump for awhile with 80's and possible rain the next 6-7 days. We need a good tropical storm to come up the Ohio Valley. Speaking of humps...happy HUMP DAY Carpman. I didn't get much done last night. Had to work at the gun shop, then drop the wife's car off for inspection, and ran to CVS for a prescription. By the time we got home and ate it was getting late. I did manage to pull some crabgrass out of the yard before dark. It's about the only thing green so it's easy to see now. I find it's easier to just pull it than it is to put chemicals down to prevent it...OK, no it isn't. I lied. I have a bag, just forgot to use it. Oh well.

Mom's at the beach with our ultra-liberal friends. The one is a nurse, married to a brain surgeon (he's actually brilliant) and she is being a royal @itch about this COVID stuff. Sounds like she won't let anybody go anywhere but the beach, have to wear masks around, etc. Mom's not real happy, but she's stuck. Hope the weather improves so she can get out on the boat and away from the COVID Nazi. This year sure is turning out to be one we'd all like to be over.

Gotta run. Have a good one.

Charlie

#9 ·
Good morning, GoGo. It's 75 in Louisville, sunny and going to 92. Some kind of front must be coming because we're due for thunderstorms late tonight and 90% chance tomorrow. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 79, which will certainly be different ... IF it happens.

I swung the hammer pretty hard at my work-work yesterday. Hopefully that will make the load a little lighter the rest of the week. I pulled an informal inventory on my pistol ammo yesterday and decided I can put any reloading time into 6BR or 6PPC. Greyfox tells me if I want to improve my BR shooting I've got to shoot more matches, but wanting to do that and making it happen are two different things it seems.

I hope George has a really enjoyable day fishing. That's something I need to do more of as well.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

#10 ·
Beautiful morning in western Oklahoma....showered off and on all night. Not a lot, but it sure beats what we been getting. Thank You Lord.
I finally figured out the pic posting and put up a few on my "6.5 STW" post yesterday. Just needed to get my ducks in a row. Picture below is of my view from my house range. The skyline to the west is Texas. House is about 5 1/2 miles from Texas line. Can't pick it out in photo, but my 1100 yard steel target is on side of hill right in front of bench.

#11 ·
Morning all, 72 headed to 84+++. Hope George has good luck fishing today, he deserves to. Did not get much accomplished yesterday but some honey does around the house and that made momma happy. Did go pick up a 45/70 1895 Marlin CB variety with a 26" barrel. No Remlin Gremlins were involved when building this one, it has the highest polish/blue on a barrel I have ever seen on a Marlin, the metal to wood fit was dang near perfect. I traded a guy out of it online, youngster who had bought some Core Bon rounds and it rattled his teeth, literally. When I got it the peep sight he had put on it, was loose from the recoil. I shot some of my cast loads and it was nice, accurate rifle. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayer, Buff out.

#12 ·
It has warmed to 71 degrees now in Michigan’s ThumB. Red T. Basset HAD to go out at 4:00AM just as a storm was remaking out. We ended up getting better than a half inch which brings or two day total to better than an inch and a half. The prognosticators say the high will be 81. I’d call that perfect. We got a nice write up on another website about our custom shoulder setback die used to convert .450 Bushmaster to Rem.30AR ammo. Seems like an interesting enterprise.

#13 ·
Afternoon is here now and it's smoking out. Getting ready to head to Indy to pick up welding gas. More trailer jobs piled in yesterday with 2 that need new king pins and plates. Dairy wanting a pile of gates made and about 10 other things to do around here. I guess it's better than sitting around with looking for work and not making any money.

Got the old International TD9 track loader fired up last night. Took a few minutes to get fuel primed again but it ran good and after trying for a few minutes the steering clutches finally let loose and started working. Hopefully it will get sold soon as well.

Hope everyone has a good day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.