Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Wednesday Morning

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  45TAJ 
#1 ·
63° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies and foggy. The high temperature today will get up to about 77° and is to be a nice sunny day. No bad weather for today is predicted. Yesterday we got 1.53" of rain from the tropical storm and it all soaked right into the ground. In my area it was a nice soft rain and I think it really did some good. There were some tornado's south of us that really caused some damage for other folks though. We didn't really get any high winds here either.

I was on the road for half the day yesterday and I hope to spend today at home. I don't rightly know what I will do for sure but I am sure I will be busy doing something. I would like to go fishing but I think it will be later this week before I can.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
55 here in NC Ohio and it feels so GOOD!!!! Should be a beautiful day with temps in the 70's. Ended up with two inches of water yesterday, crops are good for the season now. I did shoot another groundhog early in the morning during the rain. Not a bragging shot at 15 feet with a ru-u-g-er 77/22. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

#3 ·
60° here this morning And we may or may not make it out of the 70’s this afternoon. Stopped at the local gun shop yesterday to look around. Business is good but they’re having trouble stocking the shelves, like everyone else. Gun club meeting last night was fairly uneventful. Will be mowing grass later today. Not much excitement around here........and I’m Ok with that.
Make it a good day.

#4 ·
Good morning from Waseca, it's 54 and partially cloudy, high is supposed to be 72. Another great day not running the AC. I did a little internet work yesterday morning then worked on guns in the afternoon. Maybe get some range time today. They are replacing equipment on the roof of the sweet corn plant today. I'll probably have to take pictures of that. There's a huge truck crane set up now.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#6 ·
Goid morning. Mid 50s heading for mid 70s in Indy today. It’s gonna’ be a quick stop at the pancake joint because I have my evaluation with the eye surgeon at 8:15. Hope to get the surgery scheduled soon. Got a start on trimming brass yesterday, Plenty more to do. Just stumbled onto a 3 gallon bucket of .223 yesterday I’m gonna’ have to sort. Some of it is old enough to vote, I’m sure.
Here we go. Have a good day.

#7 ·
Happy HUMP DAY varmints. You didn't forget did you?

It's 64 here and man, was I sleeping good. I could have slept in a few more hours, but my biological clock told me to get up and get to work. :mad: (I haven't set an alarm but once or twice since COVID hit). It's going to be a beautiful day today, mid 80's with low humidity. Yesterday we got at least an inch or two from the TS but like George said, it all soaked in. I don't think we had any flooding nearby and the storm rolled out by 1pm or so. It got nice and sunny here afterward. East of us a ways got hammered. My one buddy's yard flooded. He had 6 inches of water OVER the top of his pool/patio. They both got 6-8 inches of rain or more. Hearing reports of lots of wind, possible tornado damage in the eastern part of the state. The storm pushed a bit east, coming up the eastern shore of MD and they got it bad. I was planning on fishing the bay this weekend. I think I may have to watch for some fishing reports to see if it's going to be worth it. I don't want to fish in a mud puddle.

Well, I guess I should get to work. Need to run into town at lunch to buy a card/flowers/something for Miss Sue. 14 years ago today she drug me out of the deer stand and down the aisle.

Prayers sent. Have a good one.

Charlie

#8 ·
morning all. 50 here with low 80s later. Slight chance of something later, probably just wind and dirt blowing.
Congrats to Charlie and Miss Sue! Have a happy day!
More sprinkler work yesterday, then finally got my baler serviced and ready for today, should have alot of baling the next several days if the rain holds off.
Finally broke down and made a doc appt. for next week to see what is going on with my lower back and hip, really gets to hurting when working in the shop on cement.
Better get moving along, Happy Hump Day. Be safe and healthy too!
GOD BLESS. Dean

#10 ·
It was 53 degrees for the required dog walk at 4;00AM but now we have zoomed up to 54 degrees and there is no telling how hot it will get. The primary election results are being counted so the airwaves have gone from vote for me to now we don’t know yet who won. When that is over the vote for me nausea begins again. It’s enough to ruin a good pancake breakfast.

#12 ·
Morning Gents! Its 65º and Sunny here headed for the low 80's. Much more comfortable than the mid 90's!

Yesterday was one of those busy days where you run and run and it seems like you get nothing done. Started the day going to Little Rock to pick up a fuel injection pump and getting it delivered to the mechanic. That well that I went to work on had a burned up closing coil and its old enough that there are no parts available. I was on the phone with the farmer, his insurance man and trying to track down a coil. Ended up getting a new size 4 starter. OUCH!!! Went by my Son's place to check on the water and both of his wells were off. Turned out to be that a large bird had got across the tops of the line switches out on the road and the whole line was dead. That afternoon beer tasted good when I got home!

Todays project is to replace that starter. It should be fairly straight forward except for drilling and tapping a couple of holes. Thanks for battery powered tools! No telling what else will come up!

Congratulations to Charlie and Miss Sue. Hope you'all have a nice day!

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'll have a good one.

#13 ·
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 63 in Louisville, going to 80. I haven't been out yet, but I'm guessing it'll feel really good.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning and hope she can give me a clue about what caused my severe vertigo. Western medicine focuses more on treating symptoms than on findng the root cause of a problem, so my hopes aren't very high.

I got a little over 100 pieces of .45 brass sized and primed last night. With all that's going on, I've decided it's time to convert my deep stash of components into loaded rounds.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

#14 ·
60º at sunrise in the hollow. Our local skunk was wandering around the front yard digging for grubs about that time and my, who was taking the dogs for their morning walk, had to proceed with caution. My two days of route work are over for the week, so it will be grass cutting, mailing packages and maybe a little time to play with guns and ammo. The wife has left for downtown Nashville and Grand Jury duty for the day so I'm unsupervised. We'll see what the day brings.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

#15 ·
Good morning all. Congrats on the anniversary Charlie and Sue.

Nice and muggy right now, this morning wasn't too bad though. Bucket work still going and I need to run to do a little welding on a job we done yesterday and needed a couple pieces of plate to strengthen it a bit.

I'd probably roll a camper setup similar to that but the other half wouldn't be caught dead even looking at it....lol.

Hope everyone has a good day!

#16 ·
Morning all, 57 headed to 81, beautiful morning, yesterday evening was nice also. Better enjoy it while we can, back up to 90 this weekend and a few days after. Got to do some fencing this morning, putting up 3 fence panels, to stop 2of my calves from getting out. If a couple of months they will be to big to get out. Happy Anniversary Charlie, you are a blessed man. Got to get moving, get my work done before it gets too hot. You all have a good one, Prayers for Dean and his grandson, Buff out.

#17 · (Edited)
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where it was 62° starting off when I hit the hayfield with the fluffer. I hope to Rake and Roll later today, with a second field for tomorrow.

Otis and Spooky are on their porch just being Cats and enjoying life. Spooky is growing fast and is getting tame.

I took JB out for Late Lunch yesterday at a Bar B Q joint she likes for her Anniversary. Congrats Charlie and Sue.

Shane, that camper has got to be in Louisiana, I saw several like that down there. Worser than Kentucky!. Skruske could have saved a lot of money if he bought that one.

Rolling out with the cab tractor to unhook the cutter and hook up the bailer. May go get Bailer string for Lunchtime, since they owe ME Money.
Dean, I know zactly whuts wrong w your back. Look at your birth date on your driver's license.
Good luck to me with the hay, maybe no breakdowns.

#18 ·
Good thing you had a large target Mike. 15' is pushing it, almost ELR for most any Roooo Gurr.
I can almost hear the howls of extreme anguish coming from you know who. :) Hope that rain was generous and donated S of US 6 at the IN OH line. They be hurting. Worst wheat bpacre in 10 yrs.

Absolutely wondrously booteefull morning, even after 1P.
Guy needs a bcg, another a bbl, bud needs brass for load dev, fireforming. Packing n packn for a PO run. Tom out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.