Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
48° here in Upstate NY this morning, cloudy and foggy, the high today will be going up to about 71°. It is to be a nice sunny day with a light breeze after the fog gets burn't off. Yesterday was a nice day if a little chilly.

The surgeon wasn't able to remove the cyst from my cheek yesterday morning as it was infected. He drained it and I have to put salve and a new band aid on it three times a day. I have to go back and see him tomorrow to find out hopefully when it will be able to be taken off. In the meantime today I am going up to the gun club and do some shooting, I believe it will only be the second time this year that I am going to shoot a centerfire rifle.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
A good morning to all. 47.8 on the maple tree going to mid 70's with smoked sunshine. They say no big deal with all the smoke haze in the upper air, but when a person already has breathing problems it becomes a big deal. I need to mow grass again if it will dry up enough after the heavy dew every morning. Well the coffee is ready and time to grab a cup and git r done. Be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 55 and clear, high is 70, maybe.
I managed to not get much done yesterday, truck is fueled, service not scheduled. I stopped by Cabelas on the way home and found a lot of empty shelf space. No 22 ammo and no primers, few used guns. Left empty handed.
Like George I am having trouble getting enough shooting time. There's 2 center fire rifles that have not been fired in years, waiting their turn. Need to shoot lots more handgun also. It seems to be good therapy for a sore wrist.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 59 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 46 in Indy heading for 80. Might have to find some long pants to start the day. Nothing to report today. (This is a recording)

Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Doug, you forgot to say I’m Doug Roberts and I approve this message. I’ve heard that thousands of times already this season. I have nothing to report here and so you can disregard my message.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Great morning folks,

We are reporting 53° with a high of 80° later here near Halfway USA. Looks like sunshine will cover most of the day.

Lots of little chores were accomplished in a scattered fashion. All that woodshop scrap is properly positioned for recycling in the woodstove. Except the stuff that wasn't quite all scrap. I set aside a couple bundles to make into bird houses when the grandkids come to visit. Then I got to looking at the condition of the barn & decided I may as well make the mess bigger before clean up. I had birdhouse templates all ready to go so I cut up the bundle of pieces. Those now reside in a tote.
Clean up of the barn was accompanied by a fire in the fire pit. Debris, saw dust & wood chips burned all day long.

I made a modification to the RZR. Most of our riding is done in the desert so I made a provision to carry some addtional water on board. It's overkill but it's in my nature to be prepared. I suppose if we had to we could be reasonably comfortable on a couple overnights. If trail riding turned into a survival event.

The big truck is all prettied up again after a thorough detail cleaning inside.. A lot of days of wood hauling had it looking like a truck. ;)

The grass could use a mowing & trim so that will probably get done today.

For those days when we don't have enough to do... Deb & I are researching doing a van conversion to build our own custom small motor home. Looks like lots of folks have done so & there are several RV companies that have products to go inside a tiny living space.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
morning all. 35 with mid to upper 70s later, and they say smoke for the next couple days. I agree about having trouble breathing when smoke fills the valley.
Baled another circle of oat hay yesterday, last of the oat hay for this year, another 600 bales! Now for the alfalfa, it's all cut so we have a good chance of getting done baleing now!!!
Can start getting things ready for winter and parking them in the building as soon as the baling is done.
Guess that's all for now, Happy Hump Day. Be safe and healthy.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,727 Posts
Happy HUMP day folks. It's 47 here and hazy. Last night's sunset was one of the weirdest I've seen. The smoke from out west made it here, I believe. The sky was steel grey and the sun was a blood orange ball. I wish I'd have taken a picture. Boy this cool weather has me wanting to be in a tree. I need to blow the dust off the bow and see if it still shoots. I'll do that tonight while I'm making dinner. I got a pack of beautiful bone-in country style ribs at the store on Sunday. I'll throw them on the smoker about 3:30. I guess maybe I should start getting ready for Hatteras tonight as well. We leave Sunday the 27th. I sure hope these tropical systems in the Atlantic go away by then. Looks like the Gulf is taking another good pounding.

Well, in honor of hump day...and fishing...nice tuna heh?

Well, I guess I should get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 60 in Louisville, going to 83. Lows in the 40s are coming this Friday.

The City of Louisville is offering $12 million to settle a lawsuit filed by Breonna Taylor's family. It would be the largest amount the city has ever paid in a wrongful death suit. Seems to me our elected officials are deciding to pay reparations with taxpayer dollars. Another example of why this fall's election and every election are important.

Scott, your plan to outfit the RZR with more survival supplies is absolutely a good idea. Whether you're out exploring alone or in a group, you need to carry enough water, food, clothing and shelter to be able to walk out if necessary. Since you're using a piece of equipment in some pretty rugged places, I assume there is always a first aid bag onboard. I know y'all often camp with other offroad fans, so perhaps most important is to let them know where you're going for the day and what route you're planning to take.

Y'all have a good day and be safe out there.

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Good morning men another beautiful morning in southern ky
Uall have a great day 😊

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
It seems to be a red sunrise here in the sticksofKentucky also. A big storm in the Redneck Rivera this morning with a lot of damage and drowning rain measured in Feet. DEAN?? One son was planning on visiting Orange Beach, AL next month but may have to change plans.
Today is Travel Day as we are delivering Madison back to her parents....who may Hide. Then Thursday AM we head Nawth to see the Skreskeys and hope to see Mike on the way up at McD Findlay early afternoon.
PM to MPC.

She is a Demon at home but very nice here. As that's the way it always is.

I got my last hay fenced yday, and found my ground in my lectric fence. Jackson will take ofe Cow and Cat Wrangling while we are ^^.
Good to see Birdog post up today, I'll try not to piss him off this time.
Voldoc is rumored to have Died....See if he contests that.

·
Registered
556 Posts
60* here in western Oklahoma headed to 83*, Got the wheat sowed and so off to Oklahoma City today for Dr's Appt. seems like that's the only thing on our calendars any more is Dr's appts. Had a skin cancer taken off my arm last week, and after about 3 tries, he informed me he had it all. I sure was glad because the hole in my arm was about deep enough to hold a roll of quarters...LOL. Heart Dr checkup today for me and wifey. Anyway...you folks be careful out there.....

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
72º and partly cloudy in the hollow as I type. Will probably make the low 80's today. My route work is mostly done for the week, but still have orders to mail and IRS paperwork to do. Was intending to go to Dry Branch and do an orientation this morning but the prospect decided he couldn't afford it right now. If the grass dries up this afternoon I'll probably ride the mower and I should make time for a haircut sometime today. It's been a good week for front porch birding as the migrants are moving through the hollow. Recent uncommon sightings include, Baltimore Orioles (male and female), Summer Tanagers (M&F), American Restart, Tennessee Warbler and several more unidentified warblers. About 1/2 hour before sunset seems to be the best time and a dying elm in my neighbor's yard seems to be the best spot.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
965 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 72º and Sunny here headed for the upper 80's. Its gradually getting cooler and drier.

Yesterday was a slow day. Did a few chores around the house and took it easy. The boys at the tire store dropped off a bucket of wheel weights that I sorted. I'm still getting a good ratio of lead vs steel and zinc. Yesterday afternoon a couple of buddies dropped by and we sat in the shop door and had a few beers.

Not much planned for today. I think my buddy at the river is cooking tonight. If so I'll go check on them. We do that occasionally. Usually something gets grilled or fried and sometimes we get a card game going.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Good morning from the smog bank of the west, it is a sad mess in Oregon. It broke my heart to read of a husband that was rushing up the canyon, (That is what we call the area in the Cascades near me that burnt.) to get back to his family with a trailer. Three miles from his home he found a women badly burned laying in the road bare foot and only her underwear. The rest of her clothes were burned away. He helped the lady into his car telling her that he needed to hurry to get to his wife. She said I am your wife. The last I her she will make it. The mother in laws body was found in a vehicle. The son and dog had taken off to beat the fire also but didn’t make it. The operator at Big Cliff dam tried to make a run for it but turned back after a tire blew From the heat. He spent 30 hours at the dam before he made it out The canyon turns into a wind tunnel at times. I live just off hwy 22 at mile post 3. The road is closed at mile post 22.
It is hard to imagine all that has happened up there. I think we are finally getting rain tomorrow.

Reactions: JRinKY

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Morning all, 73 headed to 83 today. Should have a Vortex scope in today to put on the 722, cant wait to shoot it. I feel so bad for the thousands of familys who are suffering in the western wildfires. Several Arsonists have been arrested, and some started by electric lines. The same thing happens in California every year, due to bad forestry practices, etc. Looking forward to the weekend, going to educate some newbys into muzzleloading. One has a inline, the other has a traditional ML. Surprisingly, the younger kid is the one with the traditional. Well you all have a good one, remember all those affected by the fires out west, and anyone else you know in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
The arsonists should be turned over to the fire fighters. Their corpses should then be put on trial. Mind you, I’m not normally a violent person.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Gabriel, horrible story on man finding his wife burned on roadway.

Praying for people in harm’s way.

There but for the Grace of God go any of us.

Best
Dave

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
It is indeed terrible for everyone there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts