Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
27° here in Upstate NY under very overcast skies this morning. The high temperature for today will get up to about 34° and it will be cloudy all day. We will have a light wind of less than 10 MPH today. Overall it won't be a bad day, not as nice as yesterday but a lot better than it could be for January.

Yesterday I was on the road all morning for the first time in a week or so, I had gotten use to not having to. It wasn't a bad jaunt so in a way I was happy to get back into the routine. In the afternoon I filed the gun club 990N (Post Card Electronic) income tax return. It only takes five minutes to do so but if you don't do it for three years you will lose your tax exempt status. Today I have paperwork and such to do also I will see if the package of bullets I was supposed to get last Wednesday might arrive from a friend in MD.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 30 degrees and cloudy, might be snow late today.
I have Bubba ready to shoot. I ordered a scope and mount yesterday, they might be here by Saturday.
Got 15 rounds of ammo loaded and waiting.
I don't have a big plan yet. My favorite coffee shop should be open this afternoon, so it is time to get back into writing.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 24 and 12 mph wind makes this old fart shiver!!! Suppose to be sunny today that will feel good in the greenhouse. Still have cleaning work to do in the barn, even found a tote full of fireworks the ex left here that'll be fun on the fire!! Be safe and healthy Prayers to all and country. Be safe on the road Shane. Mike

·
Registered
12,746 Posts
Mornin boys...
Upper 30s this morning here high on RUGER MT this morning.
Didn't have time to post this mornng before I left for work.
You all have a.goodentoday and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
morning all. 0 to start off with mid 30s later... maybe. Major wind event north of us, hope it stays there!!!
Worked in the shop most of the day yesterday, after moving cows across the county road, took maybe 15 minutes. They follow the feed truck real well this time of year!
Getting my service truck torn apart still more to go though.
Didn't get any gun work done last night. Still waiting on some parts to come in, think they are lost in NY somewhere, tracking stops there!
Not much else happening around here, have a Happy Hump Day. Be safe and prayers for those in need and traveling. Prayers for our country!!!!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Good mornin you all from the Mountain State, it's 24* frosty and the stars are shining. We just came back in from feeding the critters and it's cold. I'm off today and Miss Kate has my day lined up with chores, it's going to be nice and sunny and temps around 40 so that won't be too bad. I got some coffee making and that will taste pretty good. That's about it, hope you all have a good and safe day on your side of the mountain. Keep our Country and friends in your Prayers.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Great morning boardlings,

A little breezy with 33° and only going 1 degree higher for today here near HalfwayUSA.

Black ice made less than attentive drivers made for several wrecks yesterday. Roads were icy until about noon. I took note of the ice on the driveway while I was moving firewood & emptying out the big truck. DD & I decided we could wait a day to go get the carpet pad.

We did make productive use of our time by moving furniture & pulling up old carpet. Pad & LOTS of staples came up as well. I screwed the floor boards down were needed to eliminate most of the squeaks.

Today we clear out the master bedroom so that carpet can be moved to the "sewing" bedroom tomorrow. A couple errands to pursue & padding to retrieve for today.

·
Premium Member
4,832 Posts
Good morning everyone...sitting in the hotel waking up...or trying too. Only slept a few hours the night before we headed out. Should be another 10-12 hours of driving today depending on stops and will end up in Rock Springs where they have the other hotel booked. Not sure what the weather will be doing along the way but hope it is nice.
Have a good day!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Good morning friends. It’s 27 in Indy heading for 44 and golf. We got a guided tour of the range at Brazil yesterday. The steel challenge range has Julie hooked. We’ll be joining.

Not much else going on around here today. Have a good day

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Good frosty 21° morning from the Frozen sticks of Kentucky. Really frozen up out there this morning. Cows are huddled up and Cats are still in their nests. I have been feeding the cats Calf milk replacement and they are doing good with it.
Shane, I figured you would stay at the Walmart hotel like Skruske....nope.

Doug Roberts, I have been to Brazil Indianaa while back. Middle son had a GF there when he was in the Army.
Seems like an hour West on the old Federal highway.
It is now daylight and looks no warmer but I hear we may be meeting Jesse in Cville and picking up the Demon Grandaughter. I think she is tired of her cell on the Army base, she will give JB something to do for a few days. I may go live with Otis and Spooky if she gets too bad.

As the Voldoc used to say: "That is All===."

·
Administrator
12,040 Posts
Good morning. It's 31 here headed to near 50 later. Going to be a beautiful day. I worked at the shop last night a bit. Never seen it so empty. We're probably under 1000 guns in stock, normally have OVER 3000!:eek: I looked at the bullet shelves. We don't normally stock a whole lot, I try to keep the popular stuff and we usually have 3 shelves pretty full. There's about 25 boxes of bullets left. I saw a few I use, maybe should have bought them? LOL I got home from the shop and dinner wasn't quite ready so I decided to get back on the computer and do a little work. Ended up working 2 more hours. I had to get something done for the secretary to print off at the office today, and with the extra time yesterday, I'll leave a bit early today (and maybe Friday too) to go hunting. Have a feeling it'll be too nice today, but with a storm coming, Friday should be good.

Happy HUMP DAY Carpman. I don't know how she is on carp, but she does pretty good with the snappers.

Well, I gotta get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 28º and clear here headed for the mid 50's. That looks like the pattern for the rest of the week.

Yesterday me and my running buddy drove over to the farm store to get a couple of propane tanks filled and cruised through the Doctor's place to see if we needed to harass any Geese. After we got back home he helped me move a load of wood to the garage.

I really don't have a plan for today yet. I have a bunch of brass thats been tumbled, deprimed and sorted that needs to be put up. It might be a good day for me and the Wife to take a ride. We try to do something together at least once a week.

Prayers offered for those fighting the Covid, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo It's 29 in Louisville but supposed to shoot up to 47 with plenty of sun. That'd sure be nice. Fingers crossed.

Shane, it's kind of fun going along on your trip as you relocate your son westward. I hope today's drive goes as well as yesterday's.

Doug, I went online and checked out that range you and Julie visited yesterday. If she's good with it, I think I'd definitely join.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
You mean something like squeeze a lemon over a synagogue and see the Jews run out? I just got up-Again. Red T. Basset, who I’m going to start calling George Foster had me out at 3:20AM to run a raccoon. TOO early for me.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Charlie, I was going to ask what she's catching 'em on but I see............she is the bait!

Mikey, evidently those two had yesterday off. I'm sure I would've noticed.

JR, correct. Brazil is right on US 40, AKA The National Road. We took I-70 out there and came back on 40.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
30º, up from 22º and forecast to reach 50º under sunny skies in the hollow. There was a heavy fog this morning that frosted the trees and looked like snow. Absolutely beautiful. The birds are scarfing up the sunflowers seeds and it looks like I'll need to make a run to Tractor Supply to get another 40lb bag soon. I have a chore this morning. My nephew killed a button buck as the season closed Sunday night and gave it to me. He left it hanging in his father's barn about ten miles from me. My intention was to pick it up and take it to my favorite processer. Not-turns out both processers in the area have stopped for the season. One will still accept the meat, but I'll have to skin and quarter it first. I can do it, but wold rather not. Picked up a deal yesterday on one of the nicest TC Contenders I've seen. I sure didn't need it, but the deal was too good to pass on. It is chambered in 22 Jet King, a shortened 221 Fireball on a 22 Jet case. It has some of the prettiest wood I've seen and came with a 2x6 B&L scope, dies and brass. I plan to shoot it on Friday when I have an orientation at the range. Maybe I'll take a pic later today and add it here.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
5,650 Posts

Here's a little Girl from Lower Alabama that us a Real Fishergirl. A little Fox who speaks our language and is a real outdoor girl unadorned with fake boobs and looks great the way she is.

·
Registered
675 Posts
ShaneG....my in-laws lived in Rock Springs, WY about 1978-79. We went out to visit a couple of times. I told my wife that was probably the armpit of the USA. There is a lot of pretty country south, north and west of there.....but it ain't
there.
Thanks for the heads up George, I ordered some of the 9mm brass this morning.
Son scored some HS-6 powder and 1000 small pistol primers yesterday at LGS.
I need to go to CPA office and grocery store today....wifey staying home sewing, so I may go by the domino parlor for 2-3 hours this afternoon.
Prayers for our country and all Y'all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts