Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Wednesday Morning

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  ShaneG. 
#1 ·
55° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies, the high temperature for today will get up to about 69° and it will be cloudy all day. We have a chance for rain all day is what they say.

Yesterday I ended up being on the road all doing computers which was unexpected. Today I am going "Up Home" fishing and I don't care who wants what, every once in awhile I get in that mood.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Good morning George and others to follow 62 going to 70 and wet!! I was half way thru mowing yesterday when I hit an old tomato cage in the tall grass, need to replace a cup washer and sharpen the blade. Unlike JR it will cost $2.50 for the washer that's in the cupboard. A friend will stop today too help with the repair and may get the back stop in place to do a little shooting. Be safe esp. those traveling home from the PD wars. Prayers to all and country. Mike

#3 ·
Good morning from Waseca, it's 48 and clear, high of 80 with clouds. There's rain to the north of us.
Yesterday was have truck, will haul. I spent the day helping friends move. Which required removing the 5th wheel hitch and the 400 pounds of concrete ballast then boxes and furniture. I was the only male with a bunch of old women. Two more loads of furniture to get today.
Let's just say, everything hurt last night. I feel better this morning, and it was nice to be outside, working and helping others.
Hope George catches the big one today, everyone else have a great day,
Ken

#4 ·
morning all. 35 this morning with high 60s later and another chance of moisture, got a little shower just before dark yesterday. We have to be getting close to our yearly 7 inches of moisture mark, so the rest of the year could be dry and dusty!
Worked on a couple sprinklers yesterday, one needed some welding done the other a pipe broke between the pivot and the booster pump. Got both done with no problems. Haven't started on the one with the wheels sticking up in the air yet, not sure what the boss man wants to do there yet.
Need to replace plow shears and chisel points again, might get done today...we'll see.
Better get, Happy Hump day. prayers for those and country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#6 ·
Morning folks, and happy HUMP DAY Mikey. I'm running late so no hump photos today. Maybe later? It's 63 and cloudy, might get some rain today, if not tomorrow. I worked late at the store last night waiting on a background check. After a quick dinner I replanted tomatoes. Not sure what happened but 12 of 18 I planted 2 weeks ago croaked. Peas, lettuce, beets and turnips have sprouted. Yes I know I'm late. Green beans on the other hand haven't come up again. Out of 2 rows I have SIX plants. Old seed, bad seed, IDK. I got a partial bag of new seed today from a coworker. His seeds came up fine.

Gotta run. Have a good one!

Charlie

#7 ·
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 63 in Louisville and only going to 68. I don't know when the rain started, but it's falling now and looks like it will continue all day. Good timing for some farmers and maybe not so good for others.

I'm thinking of the PD Safari 2021 crew, some of whom are likely hitting the road home today. Here's a photo of this year's camp mascot. It was sent to me on the down low, so let's keep it quiet.

I put two cans of "freon" (yeah, I still call it that) in my 2013 Ford Escape back around April and it leaked out pretty fast, so I dropped it off with my mechanic. Had a leak in the condenser, which for you non-mech types is the "small radiator" that sits in front of your engine radiator. Back in the good old days, they would find the leak, solder the leak, then replace the condenser and refill the system. These days, mechanics chuck the old one and put in a new one. Cost me $560. Ouch!

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends traveling home.

#8 ·
Morning all, 63 headed to 73 today, rain and more rain on the way. Me and a good friend are heading out at 9:30, to hit some gunshops in and around Lexington, a 2 hour drive each way. One that specializes in vintage firearms, had invited me up to look at several single shots, and a collection of original and contemporary muzzle loaders, from a huge estate collection. Luckily I have a few shekels put back for just such a opportunity. At worst I will get to see several nice rifles, even if I dont buy one. You all have a good one, remember those in need, Buff out.

#9 ·
Good rainy morning from the sticks of Kentucky and George F. I may get to take a day off also. Naaa. I have to replace blades on the hay cutter and do some work on a fluffer. Maybe.

KF, I spent a Grand last year on the AC of my cab tractor and it is still working flawlessly....so far. New compressor, expansion valve and evaporator. With free labor by Jackson's X girlfriends dad who is a HVAC dude.
Charlie, we planted Italian Roma beans this year which are large flat bush beans that bear good and taste good. Each one came up twice I think.

Momma Cat moved her remainder 3 kittens to the barn beside my house 2 days ago in response to something catching one. Guess I need to feed them ASAP. Tame them and give them away hopefully.

Some hay got balled up yesterday (27 balls) and some did not. It is getting washed today but too green yesterday which was a day with no sunshine.
And MPC, I ordered a solenoid for my tractor that will cost more than that washer...
Have a safe day folks as I try to get my day started..

Reactions: mrmurl
#10 ·
Good morning. Raining and 61 in Indy and not gonna' change much. Stopped by the golf course after breakfast to shoot the feces with the elderly gentlemen. Intelligence sharing, I like to call it. BS, by any other measurement, and there's enough of it to go around. I'm not going outside again today if I can avoid it. Laundry, 9mm loading, nap. Not necessarily in that order. The prairie dog deployment is only a couple of weeks away so I need to recheck the rifle ammo supply. That could result in a tool head change on the Dillon. I was hoping to have the .224 Valkyrie barrel to screw on a Savage before we go. 16 weeks ago they told me 12-16 weeks. Patience ain't my long suit but It is my only option.

Guess I oughta' do something productive. Have a good day.

#12 ·
Well stopped for a break on I74 somewhere in Illinois. Also had to do a couple joint check on the front axle. It started taking a shit about 650miles from home. Crawled under itnand the boot was tore and it was dry. Luckily I bought a tub of grease for my spare trailer bearings and was able to repack it and it's been good so far and not gotten hot again.....you could damn near fry an egg on the axle when it first let me know it was going to try to make my day gonto shit.
Hopefully it will make it with maybe another repack of grease!

#13 ·
Dean....we had a hunter a few (probably more) years ago that asked what our annual rainfall was here. I told him about 20, but he ought to be here the night it comes....it's a wet SOB.
Made a run to OKC yesterday. Had ordered some furniture month or so ago, and they called and said it was in....so off we went Woke up this morning....no water. Son jumped on the ranger and found the leak, so maybe be going again hour or two. The well that runs the houses, cabin, and several stock talks is apprx 3 1/2 miles total.
Goiung to catch up around here....called yesterday and made appts for eye doctor and dentist. It had been about a year since both. I think maybe the chemo or something, has messed up eyesight a little. We'll see. Anyway, I wasn't able to recognize that old cowboy that KF posted on his post....:eek:
Hope everyone catches a big fish or two and doesn't miss any varmints....safe travels to all

Prayers for our country. Israel, and all Y'all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.