Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67° here in Upstate NY this morning under mostly cloudy skies with some fog. The high temperature for today will get up to about 82° and it will be mostly cloudy all day, with a mild wind. There is a 30% chance of some more rain today.

I was on the road for yesterday morning and I am going to be again this morning unfortunately. Late in the day yesterday there were severe thunderstorm watches posted, five I believe in my area. Everything pretty much missed us but up where I fish got hit along with other areas aound us, I guess there was torrential rain and a good possibility of flash flooding. I hope that is the last of that for a time.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 68 going to80 with the threat of rain, one inch fell over the day yesterday. Weeds should pull easier in the garden. And if it rains I will move to the barn and finish the back stop. Be safe and Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like its low 70s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Had a storm blow through yesterday evening but it didnt last too long.
We got 4 sinks to put in today that include garbage disposals. And 2 belts
to replace on 2 big air handlers. I twicked my knee yesterday and its still
hurting this morning. going to wear tennis shoes and see if that helps today.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 70 and clear, high of 95. Heading out this morning, packing is done, kitties at my daughters, coffee ready. Weather in Texas sounds wicked. Hopefully I can bring some of our hot and dry days to them.
On the road again,
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
morning all. 38 with low 80s again and breezy, no moisture in sight.
Helped get cattle in yesterday before I went to town, was home before noon, only two stops, auto parts store and the sprinkler store. Got parts ordered for a re-nozzle project on one sprinkler and some other parts to have on hand.
More sprinkler work today, have to help set the crashed one back up side up! Also have a tractor to work on first thing this morning.
Have safe travels Ken, and Shane too.
Happy Hump day, prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Great morning folks,

72° with ground fog that looks suspiciously like HUMIDITY here near HalfwayUSA. A little break from the heat as we should have a high in the low 80's. There were pop up showers much of the day. We only got about 15 minutes worth & could have used two hours worth. Most of the moisture went around us.

I did get the truck camper power washed. When I started it was 77° but when I shut off the pressure washer the temp had risen to 91°. A hand washing was going to wait. I spent much of the rest of the day at the reloading bench fingering 38spl brass. I have about 150 more to size & then the bucket full with get flaired.

The big truck has been slow leaking air on two right side tires since we got back from Arkansas. I've been avoiding going tot he tire shop since it appears to be bead leaks in both. Time to crack a crowbar in my wallet for that job to be handled by a pro.

Looking around the yard, there are a few dead spruce branches that will get trimmed. The grass could use a mowing and there is a bush that is getting a hair cut too.

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 74 and headed to near 90 again today. We had a pop-up storm here at the office yesterday and it DUMPED on us. Nothing at the house. My buddy down in SE PA had severe flooding across his yard and in-ground pool is filled with mud. He sent me a pic of his basement window, with only about 2" showing above water. Luckily not in his house though. Last night it rumbled and flashed, but petered out. We might have had a 10 minute shower. We'll take what we can get. More storms today...maybe. I have a meeting in the field this afternoon, will probably rain then.

Happy HUMP DAY folks. This one's for JR...he'd prolly offer to help her swap flags. She's a tough one...he might have his hands full.

Well...I have an adventure story to write...I'll put in a new post. Better get going, then I need to get to work. Computer just finished updating.

Have a good one

Charlie

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
There were storms all around us yesterday but nothing got us even a little wet. We got euro, zilch nada rain. Our daughter 12 west got go stuff for over an hour. Paul, 8 miles west got over an inch. We have Skruske’s humidity fog right now and yet the weather guy says high of eighty today. We’ll just have to wait and see.
I did get 30 rounds of .30BR downrange yesterday and they went right through the paper. I messed with the barrel tuner a little and this barrel just seems to like 34 grains of H4198 and not 34.1 grains With the BIB 118 bullets. So we’ll use 34.0 and put them all into one hole.

Ah, wholesome American youth, Charlie.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 74 and headed to near 90 again today. We had a pop-up storm here at the office yesterday and it DUMPED on us. Nothing at the house. My buddy down in SE PA had severe flooding across his yard and in-ground pool is filled with mud. He sent me a pic of his basement window, with only about 2" showing above water. Luckily not in his house though. Last night it rumbled and flashed, but petered out. We might have had a 10 minute shower. We'll take what we can get. More storms today...maybe. I have a meeting in the field this afternoon, will probably rain then.

Happy HUMP DAY folks. This one's for JR...he'd prolly offer to help her swap flags. She's a tough one...he might have his hands full.

Well...I have an adventure story to write...I'll put in a new post. Better get going, then I need to get to work. Computer just finished updating.

Have a good one

Charlie
Another Hannah Barron fan on the VDen????
If I was younger, I would be in Alabana trying to woo this little Baby Doll ASAP.
She is a heartbreaker for sure and is a tough one.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Good morning all. It was misting rain and 70 when I arrived at the pancake joint. Supposed to reach 77. I’ll be dry and cool. There’s much to do in the reloading dungeon and time’s a wastin’. There's a load of laundry in the washer and another waiting it's turn.

Wimmens college World Series best of three finals started last night. Florida State beat Oklahoma 8-4. They play again tonight. We’ll be watching thanks to Sling TV.

.204 brass is calling my name. It ain't gonna' load itself. Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Morning Folks!

Its 73º and cloudy here with chances of rain in the forecast. I emptied my rain gauge yesterday afternoon and it was over flowing. More than 8 inches fell since Sunday morning. The news is showing flooding in parts of the State. A lot of the fields around here are flooded. Some of the farmers are going to be replanting beans when this is over.

Yesterday I took the Wife to Little Rock for her Colonoscopy and drove through heavy rain all the way there and back. I sat in the car and waited on Her. It rained most of that time.

I think me and my running buddy are going up to Heber today to check on his lakehouse. Not much else to do with the rain except to tinker in the loading room, which I'll probably do after we get home.

Prayers offered for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's 71 in Louisville, going to 82, cloudy with thunderstorms expected. Yesterday we got one-tenth in a single brief gusher.

Got my A1C test results yesterday that showed I'm pre-diabetic, skating on thin ice. Weight loss recommended, which I agree is long overdue.

Charlie, since I'm a vet, I'm usually pretty picky about Old Glory or any semblance of her being worn as clothing. If I bumped into that young lady in person, I'd be honor bound to demand she take that bikini top off and turn it over to me. She might benefit from a good spanking, too. 😉 As for the other photo, I'm thinking that's Turtle Man's granddaughter. I bet JR will know.

Y'all have a good'n, avoid the lightning and flooded roads, and continue prayers for our friends and our nation.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
46 calling for 69
it is Friday for me
it has been 3 weeks now with out the F450 Fummins. The AC is turning out to be tricky to get sorted out. The guy that did the swap cut wires that should have been left. Oh well the truck is a good solid buy that should last me for as long as I still drive.
Mikie that is Hannah Barron in both pictures. She is quite the gal. she has a huge following on YouTube. Appears to be pretty down to earth. She is always smiling but I bet she could clean someone’s clock pretty quick if they got out of line.

Reactions: JRinKY

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Morning all, 76 headed to 80 with rain and more rain. JR I had a damncow get out yesterday, left her calf in the lot where she was, so she could go pick with her homies. I had been gone about 3 hours when I got home and she was bawling her head off. I let her bawl for another hour, her tits were swelled up bad, good enough. The wife and I put two steel T posts up and a strand of barbwire, that should hold here. The wife held the posts while I drove them in, and then put the clips around the wire/post. For a normal person not too big of a job, but in my situation, in ankle deep mud and my left hip popping out of place, I was a mess. Hurt like the dickens last night, but took some pain meds and I am much better this morning. Going to make a cylinder pin for a older Iver Johnson revolver today, splice a wiring harness together for my wheelchair lift and get it running. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
A proper Good Morning from the Rain Drenched Sticks of Kentucky.
We are currently getting my Hay Laundered for about the 5th time...but I have .managed to get 81 rolls balled up the last few days due to some Rays of sunshine.

Charlie got me "off kilter" early today with those photos of Hannah Barron who is a Goddess on TicToc and YouTube. She is an amazing girl Famous for Fishing, Hunting, and Noodlin Catfish videos. Alabama Girl and I can Understand her lingo!
She has overcome health problems and injuries and is a wildcat.

Lawnmower battry is dead so I may take JB to get a Chikin sammich while replacing it.
Sam, Damcows are a joy aren't they.??

My schoolteacher neighbor sold his a couple months ago. He is a piece of work. Has 75 rolls of hay in the hayfield for a month....killin grass and rotting strings off. He has 15 acres more cut down now which he could have rolled yesterday.....But. Hell, he loaded up the camper trailer and went "on vacation" for a week. I could learn from him.

Dreary day in Kentucky, orange spot is Otis following me home in a cow path after a mousing session in Coyote country.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
75º with overcast skies and occasional light rain in the hollow. Supposed to be like this all day and probably tomorrow. Made an earlier visit to my dermatologist and got some spots frozen off. Nice visit. Turns out he is an occasional shooter, unusual for a British transplant. This is an ordinary Wednesday. Tarcila is off keeping the grandboy and I am piddling. Got a few orders to get out and a van to unload that has been full since before SD. Might have time to load some rounds for a recent rechamber but won't have time to go an shoot.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Good afternoon everyone....at the Indianapolis Airport waiting to head to Vegas and then to Elko early am. I'm gonna see if Mona's Ranch has pdogs this trip!
Have a good day!

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Good afternoon everyone....at the Indianapolis Airport waiting to head to Vegas and then to Elko early am. I'm gonna see if Mona's Ranch has pdogs this trip!
Have a good day!
Yes, Mona's does offer prairie dogs, Shane. I had a gubmint friend turn an eye in the sky that direction earlier today and the shot below is what he sent me. Two pudgies on the ground floor and a skinny one atop the awning over the front door. Personally, I like the looks of the one holding the heart. I think she's calling your name, Shane. 😉

1 - 20 of 23 Posts