Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got promoted to 1st shift.....not much of a life on second. I did like the hours but your working when most everyone else is not. If you end up needing some medical oxygen (I hope you never do), in the Nashville area, I probably filled the cylinder that it comes from. Zeus out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Zeus - I can relate to what you are doing. I mentioned this some time ago but when I was going to college I used to work at our local welding supply house here in Kansas City filling Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, CO2, breathing air, and the various liquid gases.

I can still remember the first week or so until I got the hang of rolling two cylinders at a time. Those first tanks kick your hind end but once you get the hang of it, its pretty easy.

An awful lot of twisting and tightening on all of theose valves. Gives you one hell of a grip. I would suppose that by now you have pinched your fingers more than a few times.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You will be so much happier.

I can relate to what you say. I worked rotating shifts for 28 years. Every week a different shift. Nine years ago I opted to take a pay cut of $40 a week, but now work on a fixed day shift. I have never been happier. I actually have a life. I just wish I could have seen how much happier and healthier I'd be by not swinging around the clock. Congrats! Bill................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.