Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THANKS to EVERYONE for your thoughts prayers and good wishes.It really is appreciated.....you're just one SUPER good bunch of people,you know that???[
Doc says i probably don't have congestive heart failure..but i probably DO have COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) Which basically means my lungs are not getting enough oxygen into my blood.Treatment for now is medication and OXYGEN...hopefully the O2 is temporary and i wont be tied to this machine for too long......but whatever it is i'll get through it.
I don't feel bad but tire easily...no stamina at all...pain in my side is gone...that was something else entirely...
Any of you guys or gals out there still SMOKING....QUIT!!!!! I quit 8 years ago but the damage was already done.....I'll know better next time!!!!;)
Thanks again guys and gals....God Bless!!!
Dana

·
Registered
233 Posts
Glad to have you back Dana. Hope you recover quickly and fully.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Glad to hear your still kicking and not as bad off as first thougt. My wife works as a surgical nurse at The Louisiana Heart Hospital and sees alot of folks that come in on the brink of death due to poor diet and smoking.

Keep up with the theropy thats the keep to any recovery , you'll be in the thoughts and prayers

·
Registered
861 Posts
Glad you're back, Dana.............

They diagnosed me with COPD several years ago, but it turned out that I had blockage in a heart artery that was causing my shortness of breath. They gave me those inhaler gadgets initially, and they did help me breathe. I'll bet you'll be using them before too long. If they prescribe some breathing therapy, by all means take it. There are a bunch of different exercises that you can do that will improve your breathing. In either case, I'm glad you're back on GGVG, and I look forward to hearing more from you.

ThJudg (Roger)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dad had quad bypass..

and a mitria valve replacement in Sept. He is getting around good now with little affects (well, some shortness of breath, and hurt his chest by handling a piece of firewood that was to big) and is keeping up with the exercise. It was not from smoking, but a combination of dust from farming/custom combineing, fighting forest fires in the neighborhood (for many years[all volenteer]), and just being OLD (74).
Dana, glad to hear your back. I don't post much-I read a lot of the posts when I have time.
Fred

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good to see you are up and going Dana. Us men are pretty hard to get things in our head..but listen to the Drs. We'll still you in our prayers and get better cause we may come by and see ya one day.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hay!

It's good to hear from you Dana. I hope you continue to recover and get back to burning powder soon. Yes, the smoking is a rough deal, been there, done that for about 20 years but was able to kick the habit about 5 years ago.

Glad you're back with us!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dee is planning

To twist yer ear red for scare`n the beedoodles out of us.:mad: Glad you`ll be around for the twistin`.:rolleyes:
Just come back from a bobcat stand and saw yer post. Made us vewwy vewwy happy.
Mike and Dee
Hi Mary! Smack him around for us as soon as he feels better. :eek:
Hee Hee.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Glad your back

You have been having a busy year. Years ago I used to work with some heavy smokers, the breakroom would have a cloud of smoke hanging above us. Kindof hurt the lungs just breathing the fumes. Bad stuff. Get better. Darrel

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.