Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with the reversion to the "old" style?

Can't post pictures, just one thumbnail.

Descriptions are limited to just a few words....

The classifieds was the one thing I really disliked about he old board...

Why go back?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Most people liked the old classified's better.....

Mike and John made the decision to make the old classifieds part of the new board.

I know that pictures help sell, you can put in your ad that "Pics available" and just handle the inquiries on an indifidual basis.

Good luck selling your stuff!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Pictures

I still like the old classifieds. You can put a normal sized picture in your ads by hosting your item picture to one of the picture hosting sites. Save the picture address and paste it to your classified ad (Website link line) when you make up your go go ad or you can add it later by editing.

Just put a note in your ad that there is a picture availiable by clicking on the website link. I have been doing that as long as I have been doing ads on go go. The thumb nail picture is too small to bother with. Here is an ad of mine with a picture link in it on the website line.

http://www.varminthunters.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=178&query=retrieval

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Personally, my preference for the old one (now current) was that I could click one time and have all of the new ads listed. For whatever reason, it bugged me to have to click 3 different pages to check for new listings.

I understand the pic thing also, but what do you have to do to post pics on different boards? Is it all that more convenient? I am just asking as I don't know how to post pics..........still. Son has to do it for me.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The ease of posting a picture....is

why I liked the "NEW" classified adds...

I think the ability to easily post a large clear picture is a very good thing.
I liked the "NEW" classified adds, for this reason.

Clicking on a few pages didn't bother me one bit..

HARRY

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, my preference for the old one (now current) was that I could click one time and have all of the new ads listed. For whatever reason, it bugged me to have to click 3 different pages to check for new listings.

I understand the pic thing also, but what do you have to do to post pics on different boards? Is it all that more convenient? I am just asking as I don't know how to post pics..........still. Son has to do it for me.
Other boards are just like this one "was" before they went back to the old one...

The old style is just that old and inconvenient.... you get all kinds of emails from guys that don't say which gun they're asking about. (if you have more than one ad, you have no idea what they're asking about.

You get a bunch of emails asking for pictures..... even if there's a link cause many of these guys that refuse to learn how to use anything new don't understand to "click" the link.

And you're limited to the briefest of descriptions.... which of course invites even more emails that you have no idea which ad the guy is asking about.

It's odd that the same guys who jump all over new gun tech, won't spend 10 minutes learning message board software that 95% of the boards on the net are using....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts