Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's our old boy Too and the new pup Trey. Picture was taken 2 weeks ago. We've just sent off Trey's saliva sample for a DNA check. The rescue place called him a shepherd mix but I think he's a lot more mix than shepherd. Too goes about 65 lbs and Trey was 25 lbs yesterday at 18 weeks. He looks to me like he's got some Rottweiler in him and likely to be at least as big as Too. What say you GGVG?
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Snout

Reactions: george in KY

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Too looks like he has some hound in him, but if his heritage is urban, that's not real likely. Trey's coloring does indicate he may have some Rottie in him. Be sure to let us know what the DNA test says. I don't think either has any poodle in them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Don’t think he’s Siamese.
Daddy probably a traveling salesman.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I thought that from day one. Definitely has some Rottweiler in him. My SIL had a full AKC Rottweiler for years, and she was a good dog, but don't try to run away from her.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Maybe a smidgen or two of Doberman? GS as well. Probably no Saluki or Whippet. ;)

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
It takes almost two years for most dogs to get over the chewing and digging, at least that is what it took for our Goldens. Maybe you can get some of those hard rubber toys and let them try to destroy them. And hope there aren't too many thunderstorms and lightning flashes he can hear and see.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, we got Trey's DNA test results. They indicate he has 17 different breeds in his family tree........none of them being what we expected. The top 5 were Chow Chow, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Lacy Dog, and Boxer in that order. Chow Chow and American Pit were both 18%. My guess has always been Rottweiler but that came in at 1%. I really don't care what he is, I'm growing more attached to the little bugger daily.

PS. What the heck is a Lacy Dog?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Are you sure it wasn’t a typo ? Maybe he is part “Lazy” Dog. Regardless of his pedigree, it sounds like he hit the canine lottery when he found Julie and You.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could be a typo, Carl. More likely Lazy Doug!

Truth is, Trey and his siblings were all scheduled to be euthanized. Julie found him just in time.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Are you sure it wasn’t a typo ? Maybe he is part “Lazy” Dog. Regardless of his pedigree, it sounds like he hit the canine lottery when he found Julie and You.
You are likely right, Carl, but it could also be that a Lacy dog is one of those LGBTQ things. Ha!

Dog Dog supply Plant Dog clothes Mammal

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trey went to the vet today for the last of his "puppy shots" and a rabies shot. Nobody at the office had ever heard of a Lacy Dog and the Dr. was less than impressed by the outfit from whom we got the DNA report.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts