Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this year may not be as good as some others.... let's see like the one where my 1st girl was born on Christmas day, or any of the other spectacular ones like I have had in the last 14 years of a wonderful marriage but this year I am only asking for simple things.

This year I am asking for health to my father who is gravelky ill, peace for everyone and a thankful heart from me to all my friends that they might see what they mean to me.
I just got home from the hospital a day ago and last night as I sit on my couch thinking of everything I have and at the same time remembering NOTHING that I needed since I have more than most of us deserve.

My youngest daughter comes walking onto the room to tell us how her day was and catch up on some of her friends from a day at the mall as she was getting ready to go out to dinner and a movie with some other girls. She spoke of one little girl who I know her by sight and name only from my daughter's dance class. She has had class togethert for 8-9 years now. I remember the first time she talked of this girl and they have been friends every since in dance and in personal life things. This girls father has chosen to leave the wife and 2 girls this Christams to be with another woman. My daughter was talking about how sad it was that they girls were gonna sit at home with their mother and play games and make cookies. Things are very tight there since he left 3 months ago. They have lost the car, almost list the house already and are just joyous to be together. I learned in that moment that I had raised her right. She asked what we could do for them. Well it did not take long for my answer. I told her Christams is for the kids not me. Take everything for me back under the tree back and get stuff for the girls and make sure to take those 2 girls shopping so they can pick up something out for their mother. I cannot imagine being alone on Christmas day and besides that, having no presents to share with your kids. I wanted to make sure she knew her kids loved her enough to give her something too. I chipped in some cash as well to make some finances better. I have also prepared some food items to be delivered that day for Christmas so they have a Christmas like dinner and not just hotdogs or something normal.

Guys as you get ready for the Season please remember to make it something special for someone else that needs some help. I have given to the church, the red bucket with the bells clanging but to see it given in person and the smile they have knowing that someone they know loves them enough and not just a cold donation from a cold organization is so much better.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wife is getting me another barrel for my H&R SB2 Handi-Rifle. This one is going to be in 500 S&W. Why?.. Why Not!!:rolleyes:

Contributions to charities have all been distributed. Shopping for Family has just about been completed. Think I'll treat myself to another rifle, to be named at a future date, with my annual Christmas Bonus.

·
Registered
928 Posts
My Christmas already came

I treated myself to two new rifles,
Cooper Phoenix in 17Mach4 with a 3x9 Leupold
Remington 700 Tactical in 6.8SPC, havent decided on the glass yet, but my Redding dies, and leupold bases/rings have already arrived.
For charity, I am donating my Explorer to the local kids hospital.
Ken

·
Registered
405 Posts
Xmas has arrived early. A new Kuboto 3030 tractor with cab, bucket and snow blower. It has heat, air. HOHOHO to me!!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Xmas gifts I would like to rec'v.

Would like my parents health to be better. Would like to have my daughter and her husband here for Xmas. Would like to hold my grandson in my arms. I would would love to have one more conversation with my son. But, some things cannot be! Oh well. That's life!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Santa's Surprise.

What Santa is bringing is still a surprise. I am hoping it is a Golden pup to take over where my old friend left off this summer. See avatar.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I Just Want My Family Together

And good health for all the family members. That is a lot to be thankful
for. We need to remember our troops who are overseas & here in the USA
protecting our freedoms this Christmas Season.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
For my family Santa is bringing us all together to celebrate. Both sides of my family, mine and the in-laws, have had many hardships they had to endure this past year and hopefully we will remember the good times we have had and when the sad memories appear that we can console each other and then remember the good memories.

On a more personal and varmint related, I will be getting my first shotgun this year. One of my brothers is getting me a gift cert. for the local sporting goods store which will make the shotgun affordable to me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to agree with you Gary health is invaluable.

Merry Christmas all!

·
Registered
19 Posts
mom

im happy moms tumor was single not plural and shes making a nice recovery in the hospital. Lots more to go thru though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts