·
Registered
351 Posts
no experience with any, think they all look neat

a low wall?

a high wall?

a rolling block?

or a sharps?
I recommend you find a black powder silhouette shooters forum. They would be able to better comment. But I do know the low wall is generally for lower pressure cartridges like 22lr through 223 Rem. The .308 based cartridges typically require the high-wall. I've seen rolling blocks out there, but they almost always are shooting the old black powder cartridges like the 32-xx through 45-xx. Don't know how a Sharps fits into the equation.

Read more here:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_11_46/ai_65574856

Chris

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I think the High Wall is the strongest of the actions mentioned, the Sharps is probably the least strong, in part, due to the off center hammer. As to which is best, it'll depend on what you want it to do. You can get Browning High Walls in modern calibers, but none of the others are anywhere close (the Low Wall is just a High wall adapted to smaller cartridges, so you can reach in there better). If you plan to shoot black powder, all are sufficient for that task. The "cool factor" of the Sharps can't be ignored, but the others are probably better for hard use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.