Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday of last week my sister in law's oldest son died of a heart attack (at age 36) While she and her husband were in Oklahoma for the funeral their house in Colorado burned to the ground......all they have is the car they are driving and a couple suitcases of clothes......
Glenn has been remodeling/expanding that house for 15 years...and did a REALLY good job...it was 6000 ft. sq.
Snowplow driver reported seeing lights on and someone inside yesterday morning.......might have been torched to cover a burglary???

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
Double darn Dana,

Hate to hear that on both counts. That has to be one totally devastated feeling. Would you be interested in rcvg some $$ to fwd to them? I just can NOT begin to imagine the loss I would feel if I came back and every picture, gift etc from my Son was destroyed.............not to mention the rest of my possessions. Please pass on my heartfelt condolences on both counts.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Dana. Hard to know what to say when something like that happens. At least no one died in the fire. Still hard to lose your life's belongings. Pass on my condolences also. Darrel

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dana. What can I say....it's a bad thing.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Dana, so sorry to hear of the misfortunes !

If there is something that we can do to help plese let us know.

God Bless

Don M.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dana,

Count me in if help is needed. I don't have much but I'll find something to spare.

Just let us know.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Let's pray that they have good insurance on their home

A local woman here in Lane County who lives with her disabled son just had her entire home destroyed by fire. The home was fully paid off and entirely hers, too.

But she was struggling financially, and decided to forgo having any homeowner's insurance. So basically her entire life's savings, as well as her home and all of her possessions, are all now gone. She has lost over $150,000, it is estimated.

Everyone should do everything possible to keep their homeowner's insurance current. And that includes making sure that it will cover replacement of your gun collection, too.

Lance in Orygun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts