Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been applying my moly with just the bullets alone in my tumbler but I have to go get a few bearing tomarrow so I figured I get some for applying moly also.
Any idea of what size in normal??? 1/8 3/32 1/16???

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just used a box of BB's they are steel

Think it was just one box and I have a dedicated vibrator for the Moly job. But you can get seperate container-basket-brain fart here, for just the Moly.

LEN

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moly

Yes I have all that stuff, extra tumblers and what not. I actually moly my bullets in a large pill jar in the tumbler with my brass. I was looking for what size ball bearings they use to help beat the moly to the bullets. I know they are not absolutely needed but for $3-4 I dont mind trying them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use steel shot in BBB size (measures .192"). I moly'd the shot by itself first and just add a tiny bit more moly to each batch of bullets. Separate bullets from shot with a magnet and polish in an old towel.
Bob

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've been using slingshot ammo from Walmart for years now in a Lyman 600 vibrator. Think I bought 2 cards of the ammo, been using it ever since. When they are done molling I dump the whole shebang on an old cookie sheet and then I use a magnet from an old car speaker to remove the steel balls. I use old flannel pillow cases to remove the excess molly, works good.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I use steel shot. A bag of #9 steel shoot will last a person a hell of a long time. If the molly & shot ever gets corrupted you don't have to worry about cleaning it, just throw it out and start over with a fresh batch. Clean the shot of all oils and forming residue before adding molly. Denatured alcohol works great for this. Don't forget to clean bullets also before you add them to the molly & shot.
Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts