Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new gun owner. Recently purchase GLOCK G19 Gen5 Compact 9mm Pistol. Lets see how it will work?

·
Registered
158 Posts
First rifle...A model 70 in 220 Swift (pre-64)
First handgun was a Colt saa 44Spl (2nd gen)
First shotgun was a Browning Lt 12 A-5
All about fifty years ago.

///

·
Registered
498 Posts
First gun was a rifle. Ruger M77 in 30-06. Interestingly it did not have integral scope rings.
First shotgun was a Winchester 1200, 12 gauge.
First handgun was a Ruger Security Six, blued, 6 inch barrel in 357.

Wasn't old enough to buy any of them so Dad did the paperwork. That was a long, long time ago.

·
Registered
650 Posts
First rifle I purchased myself 1981 . Green Top Sporting Goods . Pat Hopkins sold me a Sako Deluxe 243 medium contour barrel . It was a shooter but I didn't realize it at the time I later sold this rifle for a New in the Box Browning Belgian 20 gauge vented rib IC choked shotgun.I shot a few 24's with the 20 but I couldn't get use to seeing that barrel move under recoil . That rifle was one I miss as well as a couple of others.
JW

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bought a 10-22 in 1964 from my earnings at the bowling alley in Hastings, MInnesota. I was 14. First walk in the door purchase was a Single Six when I was 22.

Greg

·
Registered
138 Posts
6.5 Italian Carcano. Most worthless POS on the face of the earth. Every round of "cheap" Norma ammo went into the target sideways. Cost me $18 at Woolworths 48 years ago.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I didn’t “buy” it but the Detroit Italian I worked for gave me a Browning Sweet Sixteen shotgun. I’m sure it cost me something.

·
Registered
620 Posts
My first rifle that I bought in 1957 (was 13 hrs old) was a model 94 Winchester in 32 Win special from Montgomery Wards mail order catalog for $73. The rural mail man delivered it to me. I trapped pocket gophers all summer long for quarter apiece for the front feet bounty from the township. I rode my bike all over the whole township trapping gophers and I caught over 361 gophers to by that rifle. It Hangs over the kitchen door yet today. On the same nails Dads rifle hung.
after the rifle was bought and I got a couple boxes of shells from Coast to Coast I had enogh money to buy a used H&R Bay State 12ga single shot shotgun for $12.50.. Still got that one too.
Moral of the story!

That was a simpler time and the “Most Precious Treasures in Ones Life, are the ones you worked the hardest for”

May Gods Blessing be recieved by all of you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts