Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm using #8 shot in a bullet box to graphite my case necks and then running them over a vertical mount neck brush. Sometimes the shot jambs up in my 17M4 necks and I have a hell of a time getting the case off the neck brush. I'm thinking that if I went with smaller shot I'd get rid of this problem.

I only need about 1-2 fluid ounces or so for this purpose, but I guess I could use the rest for loading shot-shells for the pistol too (for the next 20 years).

If anyone out there has some shot they want to part with, knows where I can buy some #12 shot, or has a better solution...I'm all ears.

Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
Kyle, why the neck brush after you dip the case? It might make sense to run the case over the brush first, to remove any loose powder residue, but not after you graphite the inside neck.

I use #9 shot in my neck luber, adding half and half graphite and mica. I plunge the neck in a few times, give it a quick sideways shake and the shot always comes out. If they are bridging in yours, try a quick VERTICAL shake with the mouth right over the box. That always breaks the bridge for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don--Thanks for the source.
Rocky--I've only recently picked up the brushing habit (thanks Russ...) and just kind of added it in. What you are saying makes sense.
Larry--PM on the way.

·
Registered
365 Posts
God, I hope so, Kyle. I've been at this so long I sometimes half-remember pulling a press handle in my crib.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts