Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Remington, Savage, Rossi, or Marlin guns
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using a Rossi r17s break action .17 hmr for badgers and close range coyotes. It has worked well for what I need. I am currently looking to match it with a break action .22-250. It does not have to be a Rossi, but that would be great. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tyson

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the looks of a New England Firearms handi rifle but have no experience with them. Are they any good and where is the best place to buy such guns?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The NEF rifles were good guns, the last ones made varied in quality. Your best bet, in a modern, in production rifle, would be the Henry Single shot in .223 or 243, they dont make it in22-250. I had one of the Henrys in .243 and .223, both shot 3/4" or less groups, out of the box with a 3x9x40 scopes, I cant shoot much better than that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was at Antique and Modern Firearms in Lexington today, they had a NEF .243 with a laminated stock, excellent condition, no name cheap 3x9 scope, $300. I went thru my barrel stash today and I have a Savage 22-250 sporter with less than 100 rds thru it. I have a Savage .270, with good barrel, I could swap the barrel out, and adjust the trigger, all you would need would be a scope. I could do$375 on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would there be any shipping cost or is that included. Are the barrels easy to change should I decide to put something else on it? Thanks for your thoughtfulness

1 - 8 of 8 Posts