Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an aftermarket triggger for my 700.

My set-up is a 700 SA chambered in 270 WSM with a stainless 26" Pac-Nor pipe. It is strictly a hunting gun, and I would like the trigger to match my other rifles which are around 2.5 lbs. I own a Timney for my Ruger mark II and a Jewell for my AR-15. I have a couple of rifles that have original tuned triggers that are excellent, but this one will not cooperate. I am curious what the masses are selecting for their hunting guns and what there experiences are with different brands? Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Would have to agree with those above that first try to tune the 700 factory trigger to what you want. If that does not work for any reason, I would go with the Rifle Basix. It is no Jewell, but for the cost it is a great buy and fairly easy to install.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input, I have adjusted it a couple of times, there is an inconsistancy somewhere (probably between my ears). One time the trigger break is crisp and the next there is a small amount of play. I am not an expert but I have never had this much trouble from the ones I adjusted in the past.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Jbd......

Thanks for the input, I have adjusted it a couple of times, there is an inconsistancy somewhere (probably between my ears). One time the trigger break is crisp and the next there is a small amount of play. I am not an expert but I have never had this much trouble from the ones I adjusted in the past.
One possibility of any inconsistancy could be a slight burr within the moving parts of the trigger itself. Remove the burr.... remove the possibilities.

Just an thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.